“Laid back diner”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Dallas, United States
“Laid back diner”
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

We stopped here on our first trip to Sedona. We had mozzarella sticks and a cheese pizza, both were yummy. Reasonably priced.

1 Thank Lynn D

Knoxville, Tennessee
“Good Reprieve to Recharge Out Batteries”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

We went to Blue Moon Cafe on a whim. We had planned to hike Bell Rock, but a shower had come over Sedona. We decided to take an early lunch at Blue Moon Cafe and hope to wait out the rain. We were very promptly greeted and seated, and our server, who I believe was also a cook/owner, was very attentive to us. The dining area is decorated with tin signs, which usually makes me aprehensive, but it worked for this locale. There are also joke books and wi-fi available to entertain yourself- I was dining solo, this would be very appreciated.

My husband initially ordered the broiled chicken but was informed that they were out for the day. I found this strange to be out of an item on your menu at 11:30 a.m. He ended up going with the chicken strips instead. I ordered a small sliced tomato pizza and a side salad. My salad wasn't anything inspired, but it came out quickly. The vibe there felt like we could relax, as there were other patrons who were doing the same.

Our food came in an acceptable amount of time, and the pizza was very good! The pizza is Neopolitan style, which I enjoy. My husband's chicken tenders were plentiful. I thought I was stuffed, but then I heard the server talk about the bread budding that he prepared with such passion, I had to order some (I am a sucker for bread pudding). I got it with a hazelnut topping, and it was to die for.

The prices were reasonable for Sedona. While the pizza was good, I would come back for the dessert and great service.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Mary_Frances_From_TN
San Antonio, Texas
“Dog friendly”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

The food and service was great and they welcomed out dog with a bowl of fresh water and a treat. Just nice people!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Sheila K
Midlands
“so friendly,brilliant food!”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Friend recommended this place and I'm so pleased we went. My fav has to be the carrot soup! Best ever tasted. Second visit had the steak and even though full,just had to finish it
. brilliant staff and smashing food, may even squeeze in a third visit before we leave! Yum!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank kezibean
Phoenix, Arizona
“Don't come hungry”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I found this restaurant recommended by a pet friendly website. Stopped by at 11 AM today, (a Tuesday) and sat on the patio along with my dog and another solo patron self-seated a few tables away. After about 15 min, I stuck my head in the door to ask if it was OK if my dog and I sat on the patio. 3 waitstaff were hanging out near the counter of the nearly empty restaurant and one said "yes, just sit down". There were small water bowls stacked outside the door so I grabbed one and headed back to a table. After another 10 min, a waiter came out and offered me a menu, noting "Oh, you found the water bowls, good". No offer to fill it. The gentleman who was already seated on the end of the patio when I arrived took this opportunity to ask for a menu.The waiter took my order of a Club Sandwich and a beer and disappeared. Brought the beer and petted the dog and told me my lunch would be right out. I walked out to the car and got a bottle of water to pour in the dog's bowl. Another 10 min, (I have been here 45 minutes now) he brings a plate and sets it down and walks away. Club Sandwich? Umm..no. A ton of lettuce & tomato separated by 3 slices of toast and 3 slices of bacon on the top layer. ANOTHER 5 min before he returns and I point out that this is not a Club Sandwich. He exclaims "no! Dude! I'll go ask the cook" A) I am not a dude, I am a 50 yr old woman and B) ask the cook WHAT?
He returns to let me know "Man, he forgot, sorry about that, I'm gonna take 10% off your meal.
I asked for a CLUB SANDWICH, how hard is that? He replied "so you want him to make you another one?" sigh....
the gentleman who was there on the patio before me waved his hand and asked if he could order some eggs. The waiter told him "sure, we serve breakfast all day, I'll send your waiter out in a min"
I threw a 20 on the table and headed out. Don't bother with this place