“Blackberry Lime Margarita & Tasty Tacos”
Review of 89Agave

89Agave
Reserve with OpenTable
89Agave is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 199 Restaurants in Sedona
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A Sedona favorite and gathering place for decades, the all-new 89Agave is an outstanding Mexican restaurant with a fun, casual vibe, located in the heart of Uptown Sedona. Open for lunch and dinner, you'll enjoy authentic Sonoran-style Mexican cuisine, cooked simply, with the freshest of seasonal ingredients and served to you on our vibrant street-side patio or our Mexican art-inspired dining room. 89Agave also features an expansive copper-topped bar and an extensive selection of specialty tequilas, signature drinks and handcrafted margaritas, including a 100 percent organic Margarita that is out-of-this-world.
Reviewed May 24, 2013

We stopped in to Taos for dinner with friends. The service was excellent and the food was presented well and was tasty. We were a bit thrown by a Mexican Restaurant charging for a chips and salsa. The Blackberry and Lime margarita is truly stellar and the tacos were fresh and we tried fish, chicken, beef, and shrimp. All very good.

There are newer reviews for 89Agave

Reviewed May 21, 2013

We chose this restaurant randomly after a long day of activities. We had excellent service and great food! An appetizer of Shrimp Ceviche was very tasty, accompanied by a Blackberry-Lime Margarita. The drink was the best I've had on the entire trip!! My companion had a local ale, called "Oak Brown" which was also good. The meals of Beef Tamales and Chicken Rellenos had excellent flavor. We will definitely return when in the area and highly recommend their food.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We stopped here during happy hour for drinks and appetizers. This place is blessed with their location - right in the heart of downtown Sedona. It is one of a handful of places you can have a cocktail outside. They have outdoor seating right on the sidewalk - perfect for people watching. We instead chose to sit inside at the bar, which was small, only having 5-6 seats. The bartender was a very pleasant young man who engaged us in conversation but wasn't overbearing.

They have a good selection of Mexican beer and tequila, as any Mexican place should. We only ate guacamole, which was a large portion with fresh, warm chips. I don't love onions and there were quite a few onion chunks in it, but I still enjoyed it.

Overall, I would return to Taos Cantina. We had a good time here. I would try an actual meal. I also witnessed a little event with an intoxicated man and although they were quite young, the staff handled it well.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We, 4 active guys, came in at 8pm after a day of hiking looking for quick drinks and food. The vibe with multiple TVs tuned to sports channels (no sound, thankfully) and comfortable chairs was welcoming. We each ordered 4 differant margaritas. The pomegranate one was horrible; the lime/blueberry was excellent and the jalapeño one was an excellent idea but perhaps overdone on the after spice kick. Their house Rita was excellent and should be on the menu. Chips and guacamole came next and hit the spot. Our mains were all very good though arrived a bit later than we would have liked. The grilled sea bass tacos were simply amazing and will be ordered again! Our portobello, chicken and shrimp fajitas were tasty and filling. We will all come here again based on food and atmosphere.

One tip to mgmt. The service was a bit slow. I got up to get water for the table and water did come later when requested. Also, bill wasn't picked up so we had to stand and bring to the bartender.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

We ate at Taos Cantina twice. We were staying at orchards Inn so it was few steps from our hotel. They don't give you Chips and Salsa for free. I ordered their Ranger burger which was very good and juicy. Will definitely recommend it. Second time I ordered Chicken Fajitas. They were good but I have had better fajitas. Lacked salt so had to put extra salt. Overall I would love to eat at this restaurant again. My wife loved it too !!!

Been to 89Agave? Share your experiences!