“world's best hot dog?”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Needed a mid day snack, had big evening planned so didn't want to fill up. Got what they claimed world's best hot dog? Since I haven't had every hot dog there is( I'm trying) I can only say theirs really good. Unique way they do it, thought it was a really good value for what you get. Ice cream bit expensive, wife had small cup of chocolate and said it was really rich and creamy.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

We decided to have a milkshake, the prices were a bit high but it was worth it, the chocolate milkshake was delicious.
The staff was nice and helpful.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Our family hit Black Cow Cafe on a hot August afternoon. I had read the TA reviews and thought it looked like a good ice cream option in Sedona.

I love ice cream. I could eat it every meal if I didn't care about my health. I hit a couple ice cream places every vacation and that means it's quite a few. I loved Black Cow's ice cream. Of all my travels I'd put their ice cream in my top three or four all time (at least in the hard ice cream category).

The ice cream is really creamy and smooth. They have some traditional flavors like butter pecan, french vanilla, and strawberry. But they also have flavors like Belgian chocolate and espresso swirl (both are good). I got the prickly pear (when in Rome type of thing) and it was good. I also got the malted vanilla. That's one of the best ice creams I've ever had. I know you're thinking that it's just vanilla and malt. Yes, it's simple and yet it is scrumptious (I like malt flavor). Now I've probably oversold it to you.

They have things besides ice cream also. I wish we had gone back for more later. Highly recommended.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Sedona is one of those artsy and expensive touristy towns that is blessed with awesome scenery so one cam expect the customary gouging........but $3.95 for a slice of pie AND $2.19 more for a la mode is ridiculous. I will say, their ice cream is advertised as homemade and the Oreo flavor is excellent!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Ate some of the best pies and delicious ice cream at this café including prickly pear ice-cream. Really smooth and creamy. They have an excellent pie selection and I highly recommend the chocolate peacan pie. Sensational!

Been to Black Cow Cafe? Share your experiences!