“Great value, clean, quiet and friendly”

The Views Inn Sedona
Ranked #13 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Upland, California
“Great value, clean, quiet and friendly”
Reviewed October 19, 2010

We stayed at the Views Inn in Sedona in Oct 2010. The room was very clean and the bathroom had a lot of counter space to set out all of your bathroom items. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. They had a wonderful continental breakfast, along with a computer that gave us access to check out the weather for our next destination. We ate at an Italian Restaurant right around the corner that had great food. I would stay here again when in Sedona.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Korean first
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed October 15, 2010

We needed a budget choice in the Village area of Sedona for a weekend that was already nearly all booked up. We were especially impressed by the friendliness of the staff, who went out of their way to make our stay comfortable. The room and bath were very clean. One of the small things that meant a lot was that the TV channel directory in the room actually matched up with the current channels available on the TV and the management had supplied a TV program guide for the week. If it said Channel 8 at 8 p.m. in the guide, that's when and where we found the program. This shouldn't be unusual for a hotel, but it is.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
Reviewed October 12, 2010

We had a nice stay at the Views Inn in Sedona. The manager and staff were friendly and gave us a nice room on the second floor facing the Courthouse Butte and Bell Rock. The hotel was nicely updated inside and out. I really liked the carpet in our room, it was textured and kind of massaged my feet. The rooms were nice and clean, and well maintained. You can tell this is an older motel, but the remodel makes it nicer than a typical motel. The continental breakfast was meager...just toast, fruit, and yogurt. I would have liked it if they had some cold cereal. The location is not really in Sedona, just outside in the Village of Oak Creek, but its close enough for me. The location is really good for visiting the trails and rocks though. You could probably walk to the Bell Rock trail from the motel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed October 11, 2010

This is a recently updated hotel reasonably close to a the sites. Step out of the hotel and walk to the nearby main highway and the view is spectacular. There is a simple continental breakfast.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Arizona City
Reviewed October 10, 2010

I had an experience at this hotel that I've NEVER had anywhere in all my life: I was accused of an incident that didn't happen and then yelled at by the general manager. I've never been yelled at by anyone in customer service before, so this was a new, terrible experience.

When I first arrived with my friend, I certainly received the feeling that the GM wasn't happy to see us, but he was courteous enough and gave us our room keys.

We enjoyed a day and evening in Sedona and returned to the hotel around 9:00 p.m. We didn't leave the hotel again that night (except to smoke on the balcony and get some sodas from the Coke machine).

Around 3:00 a.m., a group of people thundered up the stairs (our room was right next to the stairs) and apparently two women stood smoking and talking very loudly outside our room. This woke us up. My friend went outside to smoke with them and ask them to be quiet; I got sodas. After about 10 minutes we were back asleep.

The next day, my friend was accosted by the GM and questioned, "So what happened last night in your room?" Confused, my friend explained, "Nothing, we were asleep by 9:00." The GM then told him that he and two women had caused quite a ruckus and he'd had to call the police for being so disorderly.

When I discovered this small incident, I called the front desk to find out what happened. The GM was not present. I explained that I was upset about such a confrontation and no police had visited our room last night.

Upon check out, when I asked the GM what the matter was about, he explained what he'd "seen" the night before: my friend and two women being loud on the balcony. When he asked what room the women were staying in they said Rm. 210 (my room). He threatened to call the police and the women then, supposedly, went into my room (rm. 210).

This is entirely untrue. There were only two of us in the room all night. When I explained this and explained that I really didn't like being accused of inappropriate behavior, he proceeded to yell at me and talk over everything I said. When I asked for the name of the manager, he said he was the manager. When I asked for the name of someone above him, he REFUSED to give me that information and continued yelling at me and repeating what he claimed he was sure he saw.

I wish the police had been called that night because they would have discovered two sleeping bodies in a room -- not a herd of drunk, noisy hotel guests. I don't know why the women lied (other than they didn't want to get in trouble and they were standing outside our room, so our room door would've been easy to spot and give to the GM (who was downstairs; I don't believe he ever came upstairs to actually check out the situation).

I visit Sedona often, and I've stayed at many hotels there. I will NEVER stay there again, and I intend to pursue this matter until I have received an apology from the GM.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank HeatherAZ_10
Lynchburg, VA
Reviewed October 8, 2010

Grest views, clean, good value, helpful employees/staff and away from the tourist junk, although we were there as tourists.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
North Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed October 6, 2010

This motel has great views from the walkway and windows. The room was comfortable and clean. The pool was operational. New renovations have been done. Staff was nice and friendly. The continental breakfast was the basics. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2010