“Loved the Views Inn in Sedona!”

The Views Inn Sedona
Ranked #13 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Peoria, Arizona
“Loved the Views Inn in Sedona!”
Reviewed January 10, 2005

I just returned from a last minute trip to Sedona for New Year's Eve. We decided to travel to Sedona for New Year's Eve about a week before the holiday. I scoured the internet looking for hotels that had in-room spas. The Views Inn popped up several times but when I looked at the website to see pictures, they didn't have any of the actual rooms so I was hesitant to book a room there. When I couldn't find anything else, I decided to take a chance and make a reservation. Am I glad I did!
The manager (maybe the owner)that assisted me was incredibly friendly and proud of his hotel. He checked us in quickly and made suggestions on New Year's Eve activities. He came to our room about 15 minutes after we checked in to make sure that everything was acceptable-was it ever!
The decor was modern and not hotel-like at all. I felt like I was in a friend's guest room. Our room had a gas fireplace with beautiful candles on the mantle and the spa was perfect. The room was huge and the view we had from our window was amazing! Little details like the real ceramic coffee cups (instead of styrofoam) made us feel at home. I wish we could have stayed longer. In fact, we cut our New Year's partying short because we just wanted to get back to enjoy the room!
When we checked out, the manager greeted me by name when I walked into the lobby which again made me feel like I staying with friends. At $109 per night on a holiday weekend, I feel like we got more than our money's worth.
I have already recommended this hotel to my friends but wanted others to know what a great place this is to stay.

11 Thank JillR85381

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Korean first
Reviewed January 3, 2005

I was there on Jan. 1, 2005. Because I'm a travel agent I have to give every place I stay a fare review. When I checked in I was pleasently greeted and welcomed. However, the room I booked was not clean so I was put into different accomidations then requested. The room smelt of fresh paint and was stuffy. The beds were uncomfortable and bathroom walls were pealing. With minor discomforts, the room was large and the view from my 1st floor room was breathtaking. The gentleman at the front desk was very curtious as for other staff members I only saw them painting. I would recommend this room if your looking for a good deal and not alot of luxury. I did also bring my dog and the rooms and property were very accomidating. A few discrete trash cans would be nice around the property as well (for convient disposal).

• Stayed January 2005
3 Thank Jana S
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 13, 2004

We visited the Views twice during a trip to the area. One night, then came back for two more nights after visiting the Grand Canyon. We had a room with a great jacuzzi (very hot water and powerful jets) and fireplace, plus views of those magnificent red rocks. Highly recommend the place. It is about 7 miles south of Sedona, with plenty of places to eat and shop. The short ride into Sedona is so worthwhile as you see the rocks differently depending on the time of day. The new owners make the place with personality and willingness to assist you. There was a typical Continental breakfast and we were not disappointed.

• Stayed December 2004
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed December 4, 2004

We recently stayed at the Views Inn Sedona after seeing all of the positive feedback on this site. While the motel was a good value for the area and the view is probably nicer than some other area hotels, I can't say there was much about this hotel that would make me come back. I travel extensively for my job and must admit I was slightly disappointed compared to other hotels.

PROS: Good value ($69 per night weekend rate), nice views of Red Rocks, friendly staff, rooms were spacious and tastefully decorated, 50+ channel TV, good location to Oak Creek Village (some nice restaurants, Bell Rock mountain biking and trails, outlet stores)

CONS: No hot water for showers (it was warm at best for all three showers), VERY firm beds, minimal breakfast (coffee, juice, & granola bars), motel isn't really in Sedona--about 8 miles outside of the main town, office isn't open 24 hours and it seemed like a hassle when we arrived around 10:30pm to check-in, and room was very cold upon check-in although we were able to turn on the heater once inside our room so it was okay the rest of the trip.

Overall, it is a reasonable budget motel, but I will try one or two of the others in the area in the same price range for our next trip up to the Sedona area. It just lacked the unique character and basic amenities I've grown accustomed to at other hotels.

2 Thank GaTechYellowJacket
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 27, 2004

We just got back from an absolutely wonderful trip to Sedona; where we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at The Views Inn Sedona. The innkeepers are friendly and helpful, our room was spacious and clean, the views truely are great! We thought it was an excellent value and would recommed this inn to everyone!