“Good spot, with just a few flaws”

The Views Inn Sedona
Ranked #12 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Gilbert, Arizona
“Good spot, with just a few flaws”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

My wife and I got a weekend away from the kid, so we wanted to come to our favorite spot in Arizona. Sedona isn't the cheapest place to stay, but the neighboring town of Oak Creek has a number of affordable places to make the damage to your bank account a little less severe. The Views Inn was well reviewed on Tripadvisor, so I based my selection mostly on that. We checked in late, so I didn't see the views until morning, but the hotel it is in a great setting. The room was clean and comfortable. We had a room on the back side of the property away from the highway, so we had no noise from the road. The only complaints we would have about the room were these: there was no peep hole on the door; there was no chain lock for the door, just a deadbolt; and the heater was just a little too good at putting out the heat. Other than that, no issues. I would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jason H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Korean first
Queen Creek, Arizona
Reviewed November 21, 2012

This hotel really is a diamond in the rough. Excellent location and very inexpensive. Away from the bustle of the main drag in Sedona but easily reached in a few minutes. Our room was clean and very large and the beds were comfy. Breakfast did not disappoint either, there is much to choose from and it is restocked frequently. My mom is rather picky when it comes to hotels and she couldn't complain. In fact, we plan to come back next May. :)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank MeganInQC
Redwood City, California
Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

This is our first time staying at the views inn and had very good experience.We stayed for three night to tour the Sedona and Grand Canyon area. Upon walking in the room we were surprised at how accurate the room, the room is super clean,the beds were very comfortable. The breakfast was fine( hard boiled eggs, yogurt,oj , ...) and the customer service we received from Dilip was great.he helped us pre-purchase our tour to pink geep. We look forward to coming back soon

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank rmiller1182
Los Lunas, New Mexico
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Clean and spacious room with microwave and fridge. Breakfast is included and there were adequate choices to pick from so that no one should go away hungry. Bagels, oatmeal, hard boiled eggs, yogurt etc.
It's call The Views for a reason.

Room Tip: I believe we paid a little extra for a view of the rock formations. It was nice looking out at them...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank lilkittysmom
Oneonta, New York
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Although The Views Inn isn't about to take your breath away upon arrival, it is clearly a well-maintained establishment. I was disappointed upon arrival that apparently children are charged extra, which although I was told was clearly said on the website, upon arriving in my room I quickly turned on my computer and could not find that information anywhere. However, I believe that charge was removed. My room was clean, and my children enjoyed the pool. Breakfast was sufficient. The location is fantastic. Overall, it was a more than adequate experience, and definitely great for the price compared to other area hotel/motels.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank jminy
San Jose, CA
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed here one night while in the area. What a great alternative to staying in Sedona. Only a short drive away and a clean, comfortable place. The breakfast included boiled eggs, fruit, pastries, cereal, orange juice, yogurt, toast, coffee -- more than enough to get you going in the morning. Across the street is a good coffee place if you need something more. Ate at Maria's Restaurant nearby which we thought wasn't that great.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Razzmatazz
New York
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I wasn't sure what to expect when checking into Views Inn, it had great Tripadvisor reviews, but for Sedona, the price was almost too good to be true. My room was clean, the bed comfortable, the bathroom and sink area attractive and modern. The room has a microwave and a mini-fridge, and a nicely sized television. The included breakfast was quite adequate, and I was tired of making my own waffles anyway. Great Cinnamon Buns, 15 seconds in the microwave and they were tasty!
Best of all is the location, right off 179, a few blocks south of Absolute Bikes and the beginning of all the hiking and biking trails as well as a well defined on road bike lane. I plan on returning, as it was perfect for me.

Room Tip: Ask for a deluxe room on the second level and away from 179 to reduce road noise, though traffic did...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo