“Awesome experience!”

and up
Sedona Jeep and Wine Tasting Combo Tour
Ranked #8 of 94 Tours in Sedona
More attraction details
Owner description: Jeep tours, horseback rides and cowboy cookouts.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Peoria, Arizona
“Awesome experience!”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

My boyfriend and I picked a very busy day to go on a tour! We booked a tour for 3 pm, but was called at around 11 am asking where we were. They had some miscommunication and thought we booked 11 am. Later, they called again and asked if we were able to do 3:30 pm instead. Since we were having a blast at the Out of Africa Wildlife Park, we didn't mind the tour being pushed back a little. The lady on the phone even offered us free drinks and snacks for all the trouble. We arrived late, but our tour guide was very nice about it and didn't mind at all. I asked for some water, and the lady offered us two bottles of water for the tour.
We went on the Mogollon Rim tour, and our tour guide was very knowledgable about everything! He even took us on a mini hike of the Merry Go Around. We had a fabulous experience!

Madison, Wisconsin
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Adventure, Education, and Entertainment!”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

My husband and I made our first visit to Sedona in September. We decided to start out the week with a jeep tour as orientation. TC gave us a great time on the Diamondback tour. We chose it because we wanted an adventure. Truly enjoyed it! Lots of fun! And learned a lot about the area - history, geology, culture....We absolutely would recommend this company.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank donnah512
Wilmington, Delaware
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Jeep/horeseback/dinner day with a Day in the West”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

My wife and I were visiting Sedona last week for our 1 year anniversary. We booked this excursion with very high hopes after reading the feedback on Trip Advisor. We opted for the jeep/horseback riding/wine dinner day. The jeep was set to pick us up at the Enchantment resort at 1:30pm. I ended up calling a day in the west at 1:40 to make sure I was waiting in the right place. They told me the driver was stuck in traffic. At 1:45 the jeep arrived and "Giff" was a very pleasant and friendly gentleman. The tour he gave us was great. He was very funny and knowledgeable. We parked at 3:25pm to await the stable van to take us to horeseback riding which was set to pick us up 3:30. By 4:00 it had not arrived and Giff had called many times. The van continually said it was almost there. By 4:12 , my wife and I were set to cancel the rest of the day and head back to the hotel. As you can imagine, the 45 minute wait had killed our momentum and also burned our skin in the hot sun. In addition, I found it interesting that Giff continually blamed the stable for the mix up while we had no idea it was managed by a third party. At 4:17, the van arrived.

We were greeted by a young lady (I do not remember her name) who was also quite friendly. However, we did not recieve a simple apology for the delay which was exacerbated by the incessant "please tip" signs that were littered throughout the entire day. We arrived at the stable quite late and I could tell the other riders were waiting on us to get started. I am assuming they were not told about the delay as we recieved several dirty looks. The actual horseback ride was GREAT and very challenging. The young lady and man (again I forget the names) were friendly, talkative, and knowledgeable.

Next, they handed out vouchers for dinner and we were surprised to find that we did not recieve one. Apparantly, A Day in the West had confused our reservations with the gentleman on our jeep tour and had us going to a Wild West show. Our stable lady was able to clear this up when we got to the restaurant after blaming a day in the west for the mix up. The dinner was good, however the advertisements stated it was a wine tasting. The waitresses said it was more so just a credit and that most people just "got whiskey instead".

All in all, the actual excursions were quite fun, however the organization and execution were not good. It seems the coordination between the third parties is the root cause of this. With the hefty price tag of the event, I would not recommend this to fellow travelers.

I emailed this feedback to A Day in the West last week and told them that I would not post to this site if they could provide an explanation. Obviously I have not heard back.

2 Thank MW561890
Robert D, Manager at A Day in the West Jeep Tours, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
There are no horseback concessions in Sedona so A Day in the West partners with Horsin' Around Adventures. These comments should have been posted on their tripadvisor page as the client had no issues with A Day in the West.
Sebastian, FL
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Our Experience Was Bad”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Perhaps it was the tour I picked...we did the Red Rock West Tour. The trail was kind of interesting, but not particularly scenic. The biggest problem was the driver. He never stopped talking the entire time. Not even a breath so that the 6 participants could ask questions. He reminded me of the announcers at the end of car commercials who talk rapidly to get in all the MSRPs, tax, etc. info. His speech centered more on him, his family, his hunting experiences, real estate speculating, and the like rather than explaining what we were seeing, or just being quiet to enjoy the views and the experience. I might do a jeep tour again, but I think I'll be more exacting in questioning what actually goes on during the tour. This was a lowlight of my vacation, and my vacation included being shut out of the Grand Canyon. BTW, this tour was supposed to be a rougher tour, and it was bumpy but slow. I've had two back surgeries, and it did not bother me.

Visited October 2013
Robert D, Manager at A Day in the West Jeep Tours, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
We regret your tour wasn't everything you'd hoped it might be. We offer narrated tours on our jeep rides and the drivers do get reprimanded if they don't do their best to educate and entertain. We do have a value back guarantee and we hope you will return and try another trail with a different driver---this time on us. The tour you went on is our mildest; if you'd like to try a more difficult trail I'd suggest you request the front seat where it's not as bumpy.
Mount Zion, IL
“Outlaw Jeep Tour”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

My husband and I spent Sep 29, 2013 with Frank Fischer on the Outlaw jeep tour with A Day In The West jeep tours in Sedona and had the time of our lives. Frank provided us with spectacular views of Sedona and was had loads of information about the area to share with us. He was a very personable individual and very experienced with handling the jeep in areas I would not have wanted to be driving in. It was the best part of our entire trip to Arizona and I would highly recommend A Day In The West jeep tours especially the Outlaw with Frank Fischer as your driver and tour guide. It was well worth the price we paid. Thank you Frank for making our vacation in Sedona a memorable one.
Patti, Mt. Zion, IL