“Tastes like Italy”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Apizza Heaven - CLOSED

Apizza Heaven
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Description: Apizza Heaven is known for its fine Italian cuisine and mouth-watering thin crust pizza. Apizza Heaven is where you will find the locals gathered on the outdoor patio listening to live music and enjoying Sedona's most delicious pizza. Apizza Heaven offers appetizers, salads, sandwiches, dinners, pizza, calzones, stuffed breads, and desserts. Apizza Heaven has a large selection of wines, beers, and spirits to compliment any meal. Stop in and see for yourself why the locals say Apizza Heaven has the BEST pizza in town!!
Sedona, Arizona
“Tastes like Italy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

I always enjoy the food and try a different dish each visit. The cozy inside dining area is a little crowded so I recommend the patio when the weather is comfortable.

Visited May 2012

Chicago, Illinois
“Really Good Pizza, but service is slipping”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

I have been coming here for the past 3 years. Has always been a good place for the family. Food was good, services was good. But this last time through Sedona, service was less then good. Slow, felt rushed, and less friendly. Overall experience was ok, but clearly different then past experiences.

Tucson, Arizona
“Excellent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

We ate at Apizza Heaven for dinner. Ordered a pizza and a mozzerella, tomato, onion salad. The food was excellent and the people friendly. Would go back and also recommend to people I know. My only complaint was the waitress didn't come back to our table very often and ask if we needed anything else nor did she refill our water. I would have had another beer but didn't. The place was packed and under staffed so I don't blame her too much. This is the reason for the four stars instead of the five stars.

Spokane, Washington, United States
“Great experience with great people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

When we arrived, the restaurant was in full-swing but fortunately it is not that large of a space so the noise was at an acceptable level (unlike a nearby restaurant which was deafening).

It started out great with a tasting of the two available Malbecs, a delicious pesto brushetta, two very fresh and nicely chilled salads, followed by one of my all-time favorites, a sausage and roasted red-pepper dish.

The prices are quite average for a sit-down restaurant in the Sedona area. There are cheaper places if you wish a 'diner' type experience with 10 pages of so-so menu items, and there are several places with stratospheric prices, all within walking distance of the Apizza Heaven. We walked in and out of three places before eating here and we are super happy that we did.

Near the end of the evening I had the pleasure of speaking with the owner as he told us about his Italian family restaurant history. He also took the time to share with us a new addition to their wine list (Josh Cellars 2011 Cabernet) which was not only phenomenal, but also very nicely priced, so much so that I just ordered a case of it!

The bottom line is that our server and the owner treated us like family. Thank you to all those who cooked and served us that evening!

Kansas
“Come here to drink only...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

We came here based on trip advisor reviews. We had picked our choices before visiting Sedona & since hubby likes Italian, one of our choices had to be just that. Unfortunately, the Italian place we chose was closed that week, so I had jotted down apizza heaven as a ‘backup plan’.
First of all, If it wasn’t for the sign on the hwy, it would be impossible to find. Even when you turn where the sign is, its nowhere to be seen,. down sort of in a hole behind other stores. Good luck with parking and/or finding the entrance door.
Once inside, a young man asked if we would mind sitting at the bar, due to lack of table space, we said we’d wait for a table (although didn’t seem packed full at the time, but maybe reservations?). Within minutes he was back & said he had a table for us. The said ‘table’ was about a foot wide, & should probably only be used for drinks, but we didn’t say anything. Up until now, we didn’t know this was a drinking establishment, we just wanted to eat. Next to our tiny table was a larger normal sized table (empty). But it wasn’t just next to ours, it was nearly connecting, whereas if another party sat there, you’d be rubbing shoulders. I placed my purse on the seat next to me since nobody was there, thinking to myself perhaps we could use this empty table for some of our food, as long as no one else shows up. No sooner did I have that thought, and another couple was led to that table & seated in the chairs closest to us, shoulder to shoulder! There were only two of them too, so why not sit them further down their table so at least we’re not on each other’s lap?
The gentlemen who waited on us (not the same one who seated us), was very pleasant, took our order (which was a lot), we couldn’t decide what we wanted, so we each got an entrée & split a pizza. After ordering, our waiter mentioned he didn’t think all this food would fit on our table, (ya think?) he said we may have to change tables if we’d be ok with that,. We said absolutely! After all, we were uncomfortable at the tiny table sitting nearly on top of total strangers who I’m sure were nice folks, but were in loud conversation with each other. As mentioned, alcohol is served which explains the very LOUD noise volume in this establishment. We’re guessing the couple next to us had a few even BEFORE showing up as loud as they were. After thinking we were going to get moved, we flagged our waiter down & asked him if he ever did find us a different place to sit. At that point I practically pleaded,. that we would even be willing to sit up at the bar like we were asked at the beginning. He looks at me dumbfounded & replies that ‘he didn’t mention anything about the bar, he doesn’t know what I’m talking about’. I didn’t bother explaining that it was the first young man who gave us the option. Soon he came back & said we could move to a bigger table which we eagerly accepted.
The food: I had lasagna & hubby spaghetti & meatballs, and we split an ‘everything’ pizza. The first few bites of my lasagna tasted ok, but it probably was because I was hungry. But then the sheer volume of the white spongy filler stuff (which is supposed to be cottage cheese? this isn't cottage cheese,- i'm not sure it's identifiable,) became overwhelming. Pretty much all the lasagna is, is a few noodles & that simply awful white stuff, which began sticking in my throat until I couldn’t choke any more down.
The pizza just wasn’t good. Evidently people like this pizza but it was unlike anything we’ve ever had. I’d much rather have pizza hut. The crust is paper thin & crispy, when you take a bite it crumbles everywhere & the slimy toppings all fall off,..worst pizza we’ve ever had. Spouse said his spaghetti was good, so at least it wasn’t all a waste.
Loud atmosphere, mostly terrible food, extravagant price, disorganized wait staff. All the bar-goers seemed very happy though.
Definitely won’t be returning.

1 Thank lilbadbrew