“Great Experience”
Review of Adobe Grand Villas

Adobe Grand Villas
Ranked #1 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Reviewed May 2, 2009

We were first time visitors to Sedona and it is was truly a wonderful experience. We have traveled a lot and do enjoy luxury accomodations and a resort type feel, the bed and breakfast was new to us. However, the charm of a bed and breakfast qucikly wrapped its arms around us. The rooms are as lovely as represented on the website and every square inch of the property is perfection. The spa services were superb and I would highly recommend it. I thought the breakfast was delicious and the staff accomodating to special requests. In fact, one morning we had to leave early before breakfast was served and they provided us milk and cereal in our refrigerator so we could eat before we left for the Grand Canyon. The bath products were a special treat, all Aveda and no expense was spared. Bathrobes, slippers all on hand incase you needed them. The bedding was luxuirous and the rooms quite. For touring Sedona I would recommend the pink jeep tours for red rocks and great adventure tours for the grand canyon, both excellent. Don't miss visiting the Chapel of the Holy Cross, it was amazing!!! Things I think could be improved are minor, upgraded tv's in the rooms and maybe more flexibility for hours or operation. No one is really around passed seven or eight in the evening, however we did not need anything and I guess this is typical is most B and B's. Location is convenient but not scenic, as I expected. Value wise it was average.

2  Thank joanna71Ny
There are newer reviews for Adobe Grand Villas

Reviewed May 2, 2009

Technically this is a b&b but if feels more like a boutique hotel. Each room is unique with a special theme. We stayed in the Timbers rooms and it is the kind of room that makes you want to grab your camera the moment you get in and start taking pictures. So we did! The ave. price for the hotel is $450 and fortunately for us we were able to secure a room for half that price! I called the hotel directly and they offered a price more than $100 less than what we found on Kayak.com. I am glad. We would not have stayed here if we had to pay $350, not because its not worth it but because with the condition the world is in we would rather spend less on the hotel and use the money we save with an organization overseas helping people develop a better life. Back to the hotel. The gardens and pool are small but in a nice way. Internet, water, snacks, everything is free and replaced every day. The toilet articles are all from Aveda. The bed is immense and there a dvd player and the TV has DISH cable so we were able to listen to different music all the time. I like the fact that when we returned from a day of exploring the bed was turned down and they had turn the TV to play "spa music" so when you entered it was sooooo nice. Breakfast is very nice and included. Fresh coffee and homemade cookies are available 24 hours a day. The Adobe Grand Villa is half a mile off the main road so it is better if you have a car. It stands in front of the famous red rocks and we could see them from our balcony which also overlooked lots of flowers. I will definitely be back if we can get the same rate.

2  Thank Sichuanbob
Reviewed April 30, 2009

My wife and I have traveled extensively and stayed at some exceptional places, and our room at the Adobe Grand Villas was clearly the nicest we've had. We stayed in the French Quarter room, and every little detail seemed accounted for. The bathroom (which was as large as some hotel rooms) included a nice double whirlpool bath with a fire place, a walk in shower and his and her baths. The bed was extraordinarily comfortable, with a fire place nearby, satellite tv/dvd player, day bed, a small table and chairs by the sink/microwave area. The bedroom itself was the size of 2 "normal" hotel rooms>
My wife LOVED the smell of the fresh bread they baked in the room each day. And we had a nice balcony looking out at the hills (though the peacefulness was somewhat undermined outside by the sound of the a/c condensing unit nearby). The pool was nice enough with a very nice outdoor jacuzzi. Breakfast was exceptional, and though choice is limited as others wrote, they were happy to improvise some things, and even invited my wife to watch her cook a dish she particularly liked. Service was nice enough. The description of this is more of an Inn or boutique hotel experience, so know what you want before you book. But if you like what you've read in here and other reviews, you will find a unique hotel experience.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chickyskids
Reviewed April 29, 2009

The room was lovely, large, and clean. And Jacqueline was very pleasant. However, in our 4-night stay, we never got to try a breakfast. That's because we were up and out at 7-7:30 every morning for a full day of hiking. Breakfast is from 8:30-10. Period. No early-riser accommodation. We ate cereal we bought from Safeway, and leftover cookies from the previous nights' lobby refreshments. Also, in 80+ degree weather, the small, very cold pool was CLOSED for 3 of our 4 days' stay.

If you really love B&B's and want a beautifully decorated room, a set time for breakfast, and few other amenities, then this may be the place for you (for close to $500/night!). However, if you're looking for a place to be pampered and want breakfast on your own schedule, a resort-like pool, and additional amenities, look elsewhere; you can find them for half the price.

BTW, on the online registration asking if this was a special event for us, I stated that this was our 20th anniversary. Yet there was not even a mention of that our entire stay!

8  Thank JAS64
Reviewed April 27, 2009

We arrived to Sedona after a long day of flying and driving to Sedona and were grateful we could check in an hour and half early. We stayed in the Country Garden room. The room was very comfortable with a nice view. The size of the villa and the extras like: bottled water, snacks, daily bread if you want it all brought much comfort. Our room had fresh flowers and a card addressed to me and my husband welcoming us. There was a guest book in our room from all previous guests which was fun and had some great Sedona tips.
The bed really was comfortable and the nights were so quiet we slept very well. They turn your bed down every evening, bring you ice and leave a cute mint on your pillow if you like.
The staff was very friendly/helpful and the chef's meals are really wonderful!! On our three days the chef made soup in the afternoons which were all terrific and one day we had cold and windy weather so a bowl of chicken soup was really appreciated to warm us up. Complimentary fresh cookies and coffee/tea were always available in the reception area.
A first for me however was having my bill paid in full 15 days in advance of our visit, this was also our first Bed and Breakfast. The cancellation policy is stringent if you need to cancel your stay last minute.
We would love to go back and try a different room. You will not be disappointed with Adobe Grand Villas!

1  Thank TexasTraveler002
Reviewed April 12, 2009

I apologize for the late posting, but my husband and I have spoken of our experience at this lovely property numerous times over the last year and I knew I needed to write something. We stumbled upon this little jewel on our way back from a horrible experience at a guest ranch in Tucson. We literally rented a car and left Tucson driving toward Sedona without a reservation. We were traveling with our two kids 10 and 13, one of which did not feel well. We are a well traveled family and are accustom to staying in finer accomodations. Upon arriving in the majestic, breathtaking Sedona area we set out to find somewhere to lay our weary heads. Stumbling onto Adobe Grand Villas was like a dream come true. The inn keeper negotiated a decent (not cheap) price for our room, which I believe was called the Cinder Brick Room? It had a lovely copper fountain running on the door as you walked into the suite. Linens were plush and luxurious and the bathroom as spacious with a separate spa bath and super large walk-through shower as well as a separate toliet room.

The grounds were pristine, lovely and art-filled. It was peaceful like a boutique spa. The lobby and cafe areas where smartly appointed, elegant and in keeping with the surrounding Sedona vistas. There was bottled water available in a little refrigerator. The breakfasts were multi course gourmet and delicious. Dinner was available with a reservation, but we did not take advantage of that service. We had planned to stay one night, but negotiated a second night because our room was so cozy and recuperative we didn't want to leave. They had movies in the lobby that you could borrow and watch and we took advantage of that in the evenings. The second night we brought a take home meal from a nice area restaurant and ate it in the little kitchenette area. It was delightful. We left and returned to Las Vegas for the final four days of our vacation at the Bellagio. I have profusely recommended this property to several friends who are planning to visit the Sedona area.

While we were in Sedona we took a Pink Jeep Tour. Lot's of fun. The guide was very knowledgable. The pictures were so good we used them in our holiday card!

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank Lilyles46
Reviewed April 11, 2009

Don't get me wrong, this is a lovely property with beautiful rooms. But, for the price we paid, it wasn't all that AND a bag of chips. It is way overpriced.
The hotel is very clean and the rooms are impeccable. However, we had problems with our bathroom, that were not fixed during our stay. Instead of being offered a credit, we were offered a 50 gift certificate for the lobby gift shop. When we explained that we weren't chachkas kind of folks, we were told that we would have to speak to someone else about. I spoke to the owner the next day and he offered to credit our visa, which wasn't done until I emailed a complaint that we didn't receive it. The bread in our rooms was so tough it was like cutting through wood. We didn't even eat it. The coffee/tea cookie area is nice, but the afternoon tapas/hor doeurves were probably from Costco. The included breakfast was good, but you don't really get a choice of what to order. The pool isn't heated and is really small. No gym or work out facilites. Really a 6 dressed up as a nine. I think you could get just as nice a place in beautiful Sedona for 1/3 of the price.

8  Thank denalda