“Heaven on Earth” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Manhattan Beach, California
“Heaven on Earth”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

Where do I begin? The Adobe Grand Villas was the nicest, most professional, breathtaking place I have ever stayed. The service was OUTSTANDING. The entire staff was so accomadating and friendly. Chef Michael prepared delicious breakfasts fit for a king and always had fresh hors d'oeuvres and desserts in the afternoon. We stayed in the Timbers Room which was the size of a small apartment! It had a HUGE bathroom and waterfall shower, two fireplaces a small kitchen, couch and daybed nook. I don't think it matters what room you stay in... they are all devine. Did I mention you can get fresh homemade bread made for you in your bread machine in your room everyday? That was one of our favorite parts. I promise you.... there is NO OTHER PLACE in Sedona I would stay other than the Adobe Grand Villas. My husband and I do plan to come back to Sedona JUST to stay there again. It was the most perfect experience. I HIGHLY recommend this magnificent place to anyone!!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the mountains! So worth it!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lclosner8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

My wife and I celebrated our 25th Wedding Anniversary with a stay at Adobe from 4-8 July. We had the good fortune to stay in the White Dove Villa. I had read previous reviews about Adobe, and all the good reviews prompted me to make the booking. As other reviewers explained, it was lovely to have the smell of fresh bread on entering the room, and the availability of snacks, however this was not what impressed me most regarding our stay. I found the staff to be so welcoming and warm. Nothing was too much trouble. The surrounds give a sense of peace and tranquillity. The room was wonderful with rustic charm. I would like to thank all the staff for giving us such a lovely experience. We will most certainly return to Sedona and Adobe Grand Villas in the future.

Clyde Alexander

Room Tip: Our room was wonderful. It was lovely to sit on the balcony and eat fresh bread with strawberry jam...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

I stayed here in May for 4 nights, 2 in the wagon wheel and 2 in the country garden room. The rooms were huge and beautifully decorated. Honestly, I was giggling and giddy when I saw these rooms. So neat! I didn't hear any noise overhead or from neighboring rooms when I was in the wagon wheel. The patio was enclosed and offered semi-privacy. The warm bread had fruit in it and was delicious. Actually, I put the offered jam on it and took a couple slices with me to have for lunch while hiking. There was also a lot of other food me irises available like granola bars, fruit snacks, trail mix, popcorn, chips, etc and pop, juice, and water in the mini fridge. The country garden room was on the second floor and the patio wasn't enclosed (great views) which was nice, but then it didn't feel as private as the wagon wheel patio on the main floor.
Detail in custom decorating everywhere. Beds were extremely comfy. Breakfast was excellent and if you wanted something different they would make it. Very accommodating. I was interested in seeing the other rooms and Julie(?) took the time to show me some that were unoccupied.
As far as location, it is kind of in the middle of the rocks. I hiked, courthouse butte, doe mountain, devils bridge, etc. and did the pink jeep tour. So sometimes I would drive into uptown sedona and other times I would head the opposite direction. As far as being close to restaurants....I wouldn't walk cos I was by myself. It would be fine if there's a couple of you, but the restaurants aren't real close by. There is a Walgreens and grocery store in the area (drive to).
This bed and breakfast was the best place I have ever stayed at and I am hoping to return in the future. You can not go wrong here.

Room Tip: Stay in more than one room during your stay
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank luvthecarribean!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

I don't know if amazing completely describes our experience here. Everything about this place was just awesome. An incredible, friendly staff, an absolutely beautiful room and an amazing view of the red rock mountains. I grew up in Sedona so I knew what to expect in regards to the beauty of this place, but the villas totally caught me off guard. I booked the room on a whim, finding it on trip advisor, while searching for a hotel in Sedona for my wife and I to stay. It was a surprise for her and I was looking for a nice, quiet, romantic spot for us to stay. Wow did this check every box! Beautiful room, 2 fireplaces, fresh bread baking when we walked in! It was amazing and worth every dime to stay and my wife loved it! I would recommend this place to anyone I know with the utmost confidence that they would fall in love with this place just like we did. We will be back for another stay.

Stayed July 2014
4 Thank Robert L
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

This place is definitely worth the stay! Our room was huge and very nicely decorated and most importantly - very private. The only thing I would have liked would be for the pool to be more distant from the lobby or at least have some kind of privacy screen between the pool and the lobby. I like to sun bathe and swim but the location of the pool made me feel uncomfortable doing so as people were having their morning meals just a few feet away. That would be my only complaint, other than that this place is ideal for anyone wanting a nice stay where you have many personalized little touches all over. My husband and I eloped in Sedona and the hotel gave us a love lock where we could engrave our names and place the lock on the fence at the hotel - I loved that extra touch. Of all the places I've traveled I can say that this is one place I would definitely come back and stay again, it's worth it!

• Stayed June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Sarah C
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

We had a great stay at Adobe Grand Villas - the Wagon Room was beautifully decorated and very comfortable, and we enjoyed our breakfasts! Unfortunately, our flight out of NYC was cancelled so we missed a night of our stay. Adobe Grand Villas was kind enough to provide a gift card for one night's stay - so if any TripAdvisor reviewers are considering traveling to Adobe Grand Villas - please contact me!

Room Tip: Stay in the Wagon Room! Huge space, well decorated
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MiaSFH
North Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

Where to start? We spent six nights here and loved every moment. Despite the extremely favorable reviews on trip advisor, which we read before booking, this property exceeded even those high expectations. The rooms are not numbered, but have actual names. Ours was Sedona Breeze, and was truly a breath of fresh air. The rooms are huge and ours included a patio area behind the suite. It also has a very large whirlpool bath and waterfall shower in the bathroom. The food was fabulous! We loved the fresh baked bread in our room, the breakfasts were wonderful, and the dinner by Chef Michael (booked separately) was memorable. The people who worked there were helpful, knowledgeable about the area and very personable. We didn't want to leave and look forward to returning.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple