“Relaxing Stay”

Ranked #1 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Relaxing Stay”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I went to Sedona with my 24 y.o. daughter to visit family, and had no idea where to stay. After reading many reviews on Trip Advisor, I "Kayaked" Adobe Grand Villas and got a 50% off
rate!!! The place is mostly set up for couples I think - it would make a sweet honeymoon spot as it is very plush, and a little quirky (themed rooms). It IS a B and B - so you get a free delicious breakfast each day, there is a daily dish, but you can order whatever else you want if you don't like the daily dish.

I like that the pool is smallish, so there aren't loads of kids and families screaming and running around. This is not THAT kind of place to stay. That made the stay more relaxing. Having fresh bread, fruit and snacks in the room was great as we didn't get up into Sedona until 10PM and only had a bad meal on Delta flight into Phoenix and had to drive 2 hours up to Sedona.

Free water is such a nice touch, as we hiked the nearby trails twice and you need a lot of water in that climate - it was 95 degrees most of the day. Hike early if you hike at all.

I really loved the property and the fact that it isn't in the tourist trap area was even nicer, as you could go up there in a few minutes, but if you were headed west (Jerome, Cottonwood, etc.) you had no traffic to deal with.

I had family come in for breakfast and they were wonderful about holding the breakfast until 10:30 as they are usually done at 10:00, but we wanted to hike and they were ok with waiting for us, I paid for the extra meals. If you want dinner, you can pay $65.00 a person and get a meal prepared for you. Also, the card gets you into the reception/kitchen building and each evening there was a new treat in there (truffles, cream puffs - YUM).

Pool, hot spa stay open until 10PM, free towels. There is no liquor license here, so BYOB if you want a drink, I think that also keeps the place quiet. I would stay there again in a minute! I think hard to please people might have an issue with the "themed" rooms, if they are too cool to have fun, but if you can just enjoy the concept, the rooms are large, comfortable and CLEAN!
I felt like I was borrowing a Villa for a few days from a rich friend. Loved it!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed August 13, 2013

If you are not easily impressed, I challenge your high standards to find any issue with the experience at Adobe Grand Villas. This place is magical. The staff made us feel that it was important for us to be their guests. We were greeted by inn keeper and sous chef, Gabe who gave us information concerning the office and lobby/common room and then led us to our villa. the door to the Tuscany Villa was so large and impressive, we felt as though we'd been transported into a storybook. Our breath was taken away by the design and décor of the room. Apparently, each section of the entire arrangement was designed by a different owner, so there are many choices for your preferred home. I'm sure you've read about the fresh baked bread. Amazing. However, to mention anything edible at this place must take us to Chef Michael and his gift turned talent of making food that makes you stare at your plate in wonder. Chef Michael is also the general manager which makes you wonder how he can supervise both tasks effectively. However, once you taste his creations and note the care he has for the guests, you will figure he's just a special guy who makes good things happen. Every evening there was some new sweet treat left in the common room to taste. Breakfast is a planned affair that will not disappoint. When you make your reservation, include a dinner prepared by Chef Michael especially for you. It will transform your palette and you will sometimes jones for a Chef creation long after your stay. He checked on us at each course during dinner and was hardly able to listen to our gushing about the food (he's very shy).
Innkeeper Gabe offered a great recommendation for a hike, (he knows many) and after five hours of trekking through the beautiful landscape, we retreated to the spa. The Hiker's Delight was an hour and a half of bliss. It was a bit odd when we were told to disrobe as the therapists waited in the restroom, but the skills of the technicians faded out all doubts.
This was a 40th birthday girls weekend, but I will return for a weekend romance. It's perfect for both.
One of our party fell ill while we were there and Chef Michael and staff were very attentive. She was asked after, ginger ale was delivered to the room and her dinner was boxed up for her when she returned to the room.
Adobe Grand Villas has my vote as an exquisite resort, but the personnel make it something to write about. Go and see them. Kick off your shoes and stay a while.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Wanderlust206
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Truly one of the best experiences! From the aroma of fresh bread being baked in our room upon first arriving... to the unbelievable charm of the entire property and the wonderful staff, this is by far and away the best hotel. There's something incredibly magical about Adobe Grand Villas. The fresh cooked breakfasts in the morning on our terrace with the view of the red rocks were to die for and a memory my husband and I still speak about often. The staff pays so much attention to detail - it's truly pampering to a whole new level! The actual rooms are decorated beautifully and are very large! Truly a unique experience! HIGHLY recommend!!!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

If you want to feel what a five star hotel experience is like, treat yourself to Adobe Grand Villas. What a wonderful place this is, from the elegant but comfortable rooms to the understated perfect service from every employee. We stayed with a ten year old in the huge Hacienda Villa, probably twice the size of our house. It has a full kitchen, two bedrooms with big bathrooms (super huge master bath), two jacuzzi tubs, three televisions, and four fire places. The hotel is located in a very quiet part of Sedona. And the breakfasts...ahhh, some of the best breakfasts I have ever had. The apricot scones were the best scones by far you will ever taste, moist and perfectly sweet. Sweet like our memories of Adobe Grand Villas...

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I came here with 2 girlfriends to celebrate my friend's 40th birthday. As we made our way to the resort, we got a little lost due to the signs being small, but once we figured it out, we quickly found this quaint place. I spoke with Mary (one of the innkeepers) to make arrangements for spa appointments and a private dinner with Chef Michael. I am so glad we did this so that we wouldn't have to worry about anything while staying here. Gabe was "on-duty" as the innkeeper while we were there and he was amazing! Once we got there, he gave us a tour of the grounds and then to our room which smelled of ginger-apricot bread in the bread-maker in our room. That bread was amazing. Chef Michael always has treats in the lobby and they are a delight, from truffles to oatmeal cookies to double chocolate chip cookies. There is a coffee and tea bar in the lobby as well as all the menus of the surrounding restaurants. Side note: eat at Relic, it too was amazing. Breakfast is included, compliments of Chef Michael, who trained under Emerill and used to have 2 restaurants in New Orleans, which he sold off to be here. Breakfast was amazing with apricot pancakes and sausage. He also makes great eggs over medium... The staff is great on recommendations to restaurants and hikes. One of the girls was not feeling so well after hiking Bear Mountain (which BTW is AMAZING, but not for beginners or moderate hikers) and the staff were all concerned and asked about her. I felt like they really cared about her well-being. The Hiker's Delight in the spa (90 mins) was worth every dollar. Chef Michael is amazing and I swear makes all his meals with love! EVERYTHING HE TOUCHED WAS GOLD. All in all we had an amazing experience. If you come to Sedona, you need to stay Herr. BTW, the decor is beautiful. We stayed in the Tuscany suite and it felt like a fairy tale!!

• Stayed August 2013
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Stayed in White Dove Villa. Room was beautiful, quiet and private. Can't think of anything missing. bathroom is almost as large as room! Grounds are beautiful. Although this property is not in the hustle and bustle area of touristy Sedona, in my thinking it is better. Breakfast area is lovely and food is very upscale. We are delighted that we took advantage of the Personal Chef option. This was an excellent experience--not "stuffy" like some similar events we have experienced. Don't forego if you want something unique for your trip. When we read of his experience in New Orleans, we knew he would be special--and he did not disappoint. This entire Villa experience is a bargain.

Room Tip: Get a second floor with private entrance and balcony. Like White Dove.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I am going to chime in with another wow for this little gem. I was actually not very impressed with the pictures on their website and really only booked it on Tripadvisor's recommendations. Well, I suggest the Adobe folks get a better photographer, the pictures don't do this place justice. Our room (Sedona Breeze) was so much better IRL than on the photo. The bedding on the king bed was soft , blanket so cozy (and I am super picky about my bedding). There were balloons and candles for our twins' 16th bday. All the other stuff people mentioned-snacks, fresh baked bread, hors d'oevres in the lounge, were all lovely. The grounds are lush and relaxing, we loved the pool and jacuzzi, it was our own little oasis.
The bathroom really is bigger than many other hotel rooms, the shower luxurious. I can find no fault with this place. My tiniest little gripe is that, while breakfast is delicious, it is not 3 course or 5 course or whatever else they say on the website. It is coffee, juice, offer of yogurt parfait (which I asked for but never actually received, though I didn't bother to ask again as was so full from the wonderful cheddar potato omelet). To note-although they only offered the omelet, when my daughters asked for pancakes they were obliged with 2 huge chocolate chip things each sprinkled with powdered sugar, divine looking).
Would love to come back there without the kids, it's so relaxing.
As an aside, I highly recommend the Pink Jeep tours for a great way to explore Sedona.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family