“Highest review - a must stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Adobe Grand Villas

Adobe Grand Villas
Ranked #1 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Oklahoma city
“Highest review - a must stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

Previously we stayed at the Adobe Graham and really enjoyed our stay. This time, based upon Travel Advisor reviews, we decided to try the Adobe Grand, and, we were pleasantly surprised to find that the owners of the Adobe Graham built and now run the Adobe Grand. The experience was completely great! We stayed in the Silver Spur. It was large and extremely comfortable. The staff were very welcoming and helpful. Breakfast was a highlight of our mornings - we will return simply to enjoy the sour bread french toast and cinnamon crisps. Don't miss the afternoon treats. We unfortunately went to the Grand Canyon and Phoenix, and, we were so spoiled at the Adobe Grand that we wished that we had stayed longer.

Room Tip: Silver Spur comfortably fit 5 people.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

The Adobe Grand Villas are unique in that they are luxurious and a great value. The luxurious part was evident from our arrival. The villas are laid out very artistically on a very compact site. The effect was stunning. A word of caution here. It is very easy to miss the entrance as the sign is hard to read in the daylight. We actually went up and down the block twice before asking directions at a shop. When we were told the entrance was across the street we just couldn’t believe it.
Once on site we were greeted by Mary who spent an hour introducing us to all the amenities provide for us during our stay. These included a wonderful breakfast prepared by Chief Michael each morning. His scrambled eggs Florentine are the best I have ever had. Coffee, sodas and water provided without limit throughout the day. In addition there are hors d’oeuvres every day at 4 o’clock. Our room was stocked with bags of chips and health bars, and to top it all off there was a welcome basket in our room full of fruits and cheeses. Chief Michael explained that they wanted their guests to not be charged for “every little thing” so they provided it all in the price of the room. Oh, and by the way, there is a bread maker in your room so that you can have fresh, warm bread every day. The staff delivers the bread and it’s cooked automatically in the room. The smell of fresh baked bread as we walked into our villa was amazing.
The level of service was as good as any five star hotel we have ever stayed at. From the staff at breakfast to the housekeeping staff to the turn-down person in the evening, everyone was focused on providing us with an outstanding experience. Every day we were asked by the staff if everything was ok or did we need anything. Everyone wanted to be certain we were having an enjoyable experience. Again, Chief Michael is the manager and responsible for this. The man obviously enjoys what he does and is quite good at it.
The level of service was matched by the quality of the room. Our villa, The Tuscany, was typical of the one-bedroom suites. It was 950 sq. ft. with the bathroom probably taking up half the space. Simply put, the bathroom was huge! The shower is in its own room and the water pressure is perfect. The two-person whirlpool bath is in an alcove with statuary all around it. In addition to the twin bowl vanity there is so much space in the center of the room that it could probably serve as a dance floor. It was without a doubt the most sumptuous bathroom we have ever had in a hotel.
There were many more features I could have mentioned, i.e., the seclude private patio or the walk-in pool. Suffice it to say, there is a reason why the Adobe Grand Villas are number one in Sodona. They simply deserve it.

Room Tip: Tuscany Villa (202) has no steps, is very quiet and has a seclude patio.
1 Thank Sandbuilder
Cincinnati
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

How many times do you arrive at a vacation destination and say "Wow! this is even better than we had hoped for"?. We (I) may be too picky, but I can tell you not too many times. We stayed one evening in Sage Brush and it was difficult to find reasons to leave the room... the smell of fresh baked bread along with Sinatra wafting through the room ... stargazing from the balcony... and the glow coming off the fireplace while laying back in the whirlpool tub... the wonderful staff and breakfast.

Rear view mirror.... we should have stayed for several more nights - easily.

Room Tip: Second floor with balcony
Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

Adobe Grand Villas are truly gorgeous & unique! BUT there are a few minor things I’d like to mention,
Most of them probably would not affect 98% of people, hence the perfect score. I just want to describe the best I can to perhaps help anyone who has the same issues as me, but aren’t forthcoming about it.
Disclosure> so readers can understand how very picky and completely neurotic I am…
I am extremely germ phobic. I try not to travel, and when I do, I pack almost everything but the kitchen sink, and I’d take it if I could. I pack my own coffee pot, bedding, towels, disinfectants, toilet seat covers,..you get the picture...
I almost wish I had not had the misfortune of seeing all those television programs about the grossness of some hotels, you know, unwashed bedding, stories about housekeepers using the rooms’ coffeepot to clean out the bathtub & then wiping it dry with a used towel,…seeing & reading about this stuff only adds to my fears…
I do my research & pick #1 rated on trip advisor, and check the bedbug registry. I knew by the research & looking at the photos I would be okay here at AGV. Unfortunately, there’s sketchier places we have to stay along the way, so I packed all my stuff. I did NOT use most of them at AGV, that’s how comfortable I felt, but since I had my own bedding, I used it & I just HAVE to use my own towels, but I did use some of theirs too, as did the hubby.
Things I can’t review because we didn’t use,.. the hot tub or pool,- the pool was closed for the season, but we’re not pooler’s anyway. We didn’t partake in breakfast, we’re not big breakfast eaters. My husband had one of the afternoon snacks (I think it was cheese bread) down in the lobby, said it was wonderful. I took a bite & thought it was disgusting, but our tastes are different. We didn’t use spa services. We didn’t have dinner at AGV either,- we ate out at other restaurants. We didn’t use the Jacuzzi tub in our villas, they make us nauseated due to the bubbles & heat. (My jacuzzi tub at my home has been used once in 12 years, and that was by a visiting guest).
We looked over the pics of all the Villa’s on the website before booking, & I recommend you do the same. Most of them look western-y which my husband didn’t care for, that doesn’t leave many more to choose from. Not that there’s anything wrong with the western style, it’s just that we would like to experience different settings. We once had a log cabin which I had decked out in all the western stuff ,- everything from wagon wheels to cowboy/horse sculptures taking over our space, so we’ve been down the cowboy road.
We ended up staying in the Tuscany one night & Antiquities 2 nights. The Tuscany Villa is so very elegant. It seemed extremely clean & everything was perfectly in place. I got our original booking dates wrong, and as a result, by the time I called back to change the reservations, the Tuscany was full all but one night of our stay, (whereas with the first reservations, we had the Tuscany the whole stay.) Leading up to our trip, I kept checking the reservation site to see if The Tuscany was filled up our week just in case we could stay the entirety, perhaps a cancellation, no such luck. I think the day before our arrival, it was empty though, plenty of time for housekeeping to make sure of perfection, & Tuscany looked perfect. That leads me to a point,….
There were other guests in the Antiquities before us I know for a fact, and we arrived back at AGV to check into Antiquities at 3:00. Antiquities was ready, (and lovely), but it didn’t seem as ‘perfectly in place’ as the Tuscany. There were minor things.. cobwebs in the bathroom doorway, (which after all, fits right in with the Antique themed room) lol . There was some kind of bug crawling right inside the back patio door which my hubby promptly disposed of (it WASN’T a spider or bedbug or I would’ve screamed & then bolted ). Few minutes later, after we had been outside checking out the back patio, found some kind of a flying ant- looking bug on the bedspread, he might have flown in when we had the door standing open..
Next, there was a tiny dead bug in the bathroom area by the Jacuzzi,- . Looked like a roly-poly type of wormy thing, but dead. The arm chairs had these antique-y looking lace doilies on the arms, and on one of the chairs, a doily was hanging off all awkward & twisted,…really no big deals,- but that’s what I mean about everything didn’t look as perfectly ‘ready’ as our first villa. There was a bit of dirt/lint on the floors so it appeared like it didn’t get vacuumed all the way. Oh & the bread wasn’t made either (explain more on that below). So in defense of housekeeping, I chalk it all up to perhaps just not having enough time between guests,..I’d hate to have their job cleaning all those huge rooms in 4 hours time between check-out & check-in.
Cons,..
**Hard to find,.we had to call two or three times to get directions.
**parking wasn’t optimal, although we didn’t walk around the grounds to check, as there may have been more parking we didn’t see, but the main entrance area parking seemed crowded. The entrance itself is very narrow so be careful coming & going thru it, as you can’t do both at once. We were driving out one day & another car was entering, one had to back up & wait for the other. We like lots of space when we park so as not to get door dinged. We usually park far away from other cars. Cant do that here. When we’d arrive, we’d park by ourselves- best available, next morning cars would be so crammed in like sardines you can barely get your doors open, and you just know you’ve got scratches all down the side. We checked every day & consider ourselves lucky there’s no scratches.
**The entrance itself is hard to see, we drove past it twice. Not good signage.
**Slow sink drains in the Tuscany Villa--especially the left side one. While washing my hands, by the time I was finished, the sink was full of water so my hands were marinating in the dirty water. One of the reasons I hate staying in hotels is slow-draining sinks, makes me feel icky. So the rest of the time I found myself washing my hands in the bigger kitchen sink,..(with the big faucet right in the middle so you don’t have to touch the sides lol).
**Bathroom sink faucets,…(both villa’s), due to the nature of the fancy looking novelty basins & faucets, you cannot wash your hands without pressing said hands up against the sink sides,- defeating the purpose.
**both of our villas had regular shower heads (no waterfall), which is fine because I actually was worried that a novelty -type shower would be pretty to look at, but wouldn’t be maximum functionality (no pressure). The thing we couldn’t understand with the shower heads though, is with such a huge shower space, why put the head way up into a corner, which makes you have to literally hug two walls to get under the head, which again, defeats the purpose of showering if you have to touch anything….
**Speaking of showers, when I shower I don’t feel clean unless the pressure blasts the first layer of skin off my body. In fact I have special oxygenetics shower heads in my home which does just that,..
Not a lot of pressure in our villas, and there seemed to be even less pressure in the Tuscany than Antiquities. But I can make do for two or three nights. Couldn’t wait to get home to my shower though.
**Wi-fi didn’t work in either Villa. On wi-fi setting, my phone showed connectivity, and even good to high signal strength, but nothing would load. Had to use my phone service.
Pro’s……
**incredible spacious rooms….and I need space for all my ..stuff!
**What few staff we bumped into were exceptional, especially the blonde young man (pastry chef). He’s the only employee we saw most every day.
**all the complimentary extras in the rooms,. The snacks & water came in handy after a long day, we enjoyed them immensely. We didn’t eat the bread in the bread maker, the first night in the Tuscany, we forgot all about it,.. ..in our 2nd villa, housekeeping forgot to make it. (young lady who took us to our Antiquities room noticed it was empty & offered to have some made but we declined). Again, it probably has to do with my own issues,- I don’t relish the thought of eating anything that comes out of something a million other people have touched.
**did I mention space?! Oh my gosh incredible! By far the most spacious place we’ve ever stayed.
**The HUGE walk-in showers- so incredibly lavish brick/tile. I’d give anything to have showers like that in my home.
**They think of everything. All the things I would want to feel comfortable, they provide in the room. I’ve never seen that anywhere else. In the kitchenette, there’s dish soap (which is another thing I carry for washing my coffeepot), dish towel, bottled water & a couple of soda’s in the fridge, along with all your creamers ect. Coffee/teas, coffeepot, table/chairs elegantly set with beautiful dishes & ready to eat, all kind of jacuzzi & shower items like hair bonnets, soaps, shampoos, bath gels, even a tiny little mending kit &
hygiene kit with a couple of q-tips & things. Just so very thoughtful & very much appreciated. They even place a can of Lysol spray in the toilet area, I always carry that too. How cool is that?!
**I pack my own shower shoes, but my husband forgot his and he used the provided ones, so those came in handy. There’s a magnifying mirror in the closet and was I thrilled when my hubby found it. At my age I can’t see things in regular mirror & all I use on travels is my little purse-sized one, so MUCH appreciative of the mirror.
**Full length mirrors. The Tuscany has a free standing one in the bathroom area, and the Antiquities has one hanging on the inside door of the huge closet (in the bathroom area). Most ladies love their full length mirrors.
**hard tile/brick flooring. In most/every hotel, there’s carpet, which of course doesn’t get cleaned, and is a cesspool of nastiness. Everything from mites, odors, stains and all kind of other unspeakables harboring in carpet. I’ve walked out of hotels due to the filthiness of carpeting, so I loved the floors in our villa’s. it might seem cold to some, but for me it means a great deal, as I’m sure it gets cleaned & disinfected easier.
**A computer with Internet access for guests, (especially since I couldn’t get wi-fi in the rooms).

Other Observations:
**Some reviewers had issues with the TV not being in a good position for viewing from the bed. We didn’t have a problem with that in either Villa. When hubbys head hits the pillow, he’s asleep in a flash, I like to surf long enough to get sleepy, & it worked fine for me.
**Some reviews mentioned the fireplaces having a 30 minute limit. For us, especially in the Tuscany, we’re GLAD it shut off after 30 minutes due to the ‘tick tick tick’ of the timer, very annoying & we couldn’t have slept if the thing kept that up all night. The Tuscany fireplaces didn’t seem to put out much heat either, we couldn’t feel anything, but the Antiquities main room fireplace has amazing heat output. Had to shut it off after 10 min. it was too warm,.
**The main fireplace in Antiquities acted all wonky at first. When hubby turned it on, nothing happened. We could immediately smell the gas, but it didn’t flame up. After a few minutes he turned it back off because he was afraid we’d get gassed out plus we still had no fire. He left to go unload & I started to unpack, & all of a sudden the fireplace kicked on. But it had been turned off for a good 5-10 minutes already!- weird.. Rest of the time it worked normal, turned the knob & it came right on within couple seconds.
**There’s an extra countertop in the kitchen of the Antiquities which provides another hard surface to place your purse or whatever, which I liked. ….in the Tuscany, no extra counter, just the main counter where the sink is. The kitchen tables in both villas are very small & covered with place settings, which leaves no room for your own things. In the Antiquities, I gently placed all their dishes from the table to the buffet/china cabinet, then I was able to use the table for our stuff.
**If your inclined to sit or place your things on fabric surfaces in this day & age with all the warnings & such, by the time you’ve moved all the many dozens of throw pillows from the beds, couches/chairs, there’s really no room to sit, other than the two kitchen chairs. I don’t know about anybody else, but I don’t like to throw nice pillows on the floor,-I wouldn’t do that in my own home, but what does one need with so many throw pillows.? seemed like there were more in the Tuscany. In Antiquities, we put all the throw pillows on the extra daybed in the corner, which freed up the main bed & the armchairs.
**Some reviewers mentioned there’s no staff around, or no help for the luggage. We are pretty self-sufficient old-timers. We don’t need a lot of hovering, and we can manage our luggage very well still. Once we have our room key, we’re good to go. Both of our Villas were ground level, but next time we visit, we’ll see if we can find a room we like on the upper level for the best views, but like other reviewers said, if you have mobility issues, you should rethink staying on the upper level.
**I was under the impression from reading other reviews on different travel websites, that a big basket of fresh fruit is provided in the Villa awaiting your arrival, but we didn’t get anything like that at either villa. Our 2nd day at Antiquities, we requested no room service (since I always use my own bedding I don’t want the housekeeping replacing it with more of theirs, and I clean up well after ourselves). We did ask for all the normal fresh day amenities which were delivered & waiting at the door that evening, but only the towels & soaps, none of the snacks, bottled water or kitchen items. I suppose we could’ve asked but it was no big deal.
**The Antiquities amazing walk-in shower had more of a ‘maize’ to get into it, whereas the Tuscany’s shower is pretty much a straight shot in. I liked the ‘maize’ more because it prevents any splashing water outside the threshold of the shower doorway.

Utterly useless & unimportant observation
**The antiquities was so fun to look at, because I am very much into period pieces & fascinated by that time. The room almost seemed like you were living in the period, very well done, true to theme, décor, furniture,… a beautiful old style tapestry in the bathroom area, & fascinating old pictures, Some stuff is reproductions, but still went well in the room. Which leads me to my useless observation/opinion. In this nearly perfect theme room, there’s a picture right inside the front door of two boys & their goats. Cute picture, but does not go in this room. It looks too new & modern in an ‘antique’ room,- looks like something you’d pick up at Target or Walmart (sorry AGV).
In summary, AGV is by far the most spacious & unique place we’ve ever stayed. Because of that, I give it 5 stars. We got a discounted off-season rate for multiple nights, and with the discounted price, it does deserve 5 stars. Now having experienced it, had we paid full price I would probably only be giving it 4 stars because full price is just too much in light of the ‘cons’, even as minor as they may be.

3 Thank lilbadbrew
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

The Adobe Grand Villas was beautiful and the service was perfect. There were there if we needed them but not intrusive.

We stayed in the Sagebrush Villa which was absolutely lovely. The shower was very creative and the bathroom in general was absolutely amazing!

The only bummer was that the pool was closed for "the season". I would really have liked to know this in advance of coming out or even better would have been prior to booking the reservation. While I understand that to someone in Arizona this is the "cold season" but to us east coasters part of the reason we came out to Arizona was to hang out by the pool.

Room Tip: If you have any challenges with stairs, be sure to confirm with the management prior to making a res...
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

Wow!! The Adobe Grand Villas was amazing!! When we arrived in our Villa, we noticed a great smell of fresh baked bread,and it was a fresh bread !Unfortunatly, I don't eat gluten and naturally, Chef Jacqueline propose me to made one gluten-free, it was the best gluten free bread of my Life!
The Villa was so charming, spacious and very comfortable. The decoration was made with mediculously. Everything was include and free in our room, snacks, bottle of water, natural soda, coffee machine, internet and breakfast!!
The breakfast was incredible, the Chef Jacqueline made us something special every morning and it was cook perfecly with love.... Merci Jacqueline!
Sedona Is ablolutly beautiful, the nature Is immense!
The Adobe grand Villa is perfecly located, near to the best trails and good restaurants, but the best dinner was at the Villa , Chef Mickael Is the best cook in Sedona, me and my family have got an unfogettable evening, each meal were excellant and the private service was very apreciate! Don't forget to reserve a table! The entire staff and the Chefs were extremely adorable and happy to take care of us!
Nothing Is left to chance!
Josée&Eric. Montréal

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
San Jose, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

This "boutique B&B" was one of the most wonderful places we've ever stayed. Each room is decorated in a different theme, and the decor is over the top. (Our room had a huge jacuzzi tub and a fireplace in the bathroom, and each room has a beautiful & unique front door and custom-made bed) The meals are prepared by a 5-star chef, and can be delivered to your room if you desire. The bed feels like sleeping in a cloud. But the extra touches are what put the AGV over the top for us: fresh flowers in our room, fresh bread baking in the bread machine (in each room!) when we arrived, towels folded into shapes like we were on a cruise ship, the best massages at the on-site spa, and staff that will bend over backwards to accommodate you. Our friends stayed at a larger "resort" which we went to see, and we were SO happy with our choice of Adobe Grand Villas! We will absolutely go back, and will recommend it to anyone we know who is visiting Sedona!

Room Tip: From what we saw, there are no "bad" rooms here. The Antiquities Room is relaxing & b...