Adobe Grand Villas
$199
$345
$246
Kimpton
GreenTree Inn Sedona(Sedona)(Great Value!)
$130
$151
$118
AscendHotels
  • Breakfast included
Arabella Hotel Sedona(Sedona)(Great Value!)
$169
$239
L'Auberge de Sedona(Sedona)
$421
$399
Sedona Summit Resort(Sedona)(Great Value!)
$139
Enchantment Resort(Sedona)
$405
Preferred Hotels
  • Pool
All reviewsfresh breadchef michaelprivate dinnerbread makerwagon wheelsilver spurcactus flowersedona breezewhispering pinescountry gardenwaterfall showeraveda productsfrench cheflittle toucheseach afternoonturn down servicehuge bathroom
Reviewed May 13, 2012

I took my girlfriend here for a last minute weekend getaway from Phoenix and did not know this would turn out to be the most unique and charming place I have ever stayed. We stayed in the Whispering Pine Villa and loved it! The waterfall shower was a unique touch. Chef Micheal and the whole staff was wonderful. The price is expensive but for the experience we had it was worth it. You would not have this same type of charm at a resort. We will definitely visit again!!

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank levy_erdos
Reviewed May 12, 2012

My husband and I spent 6 nights in Sedona in early May 2012. We couldn't choose between the Adobe and L'Auberge, so we decided to spend three nights in each. We stayed at the Adobe first, and I really expected this to be the better hotel. But I can only echo other negative reviews on here. The one positive is the nicely decorated and spacious rooms and bathrooms. We stayed in the Tuscany Villa, and it was fabulous. But when you're paying around $500 per night (incl tax) you expect a bit more than a nice room. The negatives for us were as follows:

1) It's situated in the wrong part of town - the uptown area (on the other side of town) is much nicer, with the creek, view of the red rocks, shops and restaurants

2) The communal area feels very cramped - the villas are all on top of each other, situated round a small pool, and there's no gardens

3) The breakfast is a joke! We were offered french toast on the first morning, and it was 3 small pieces of soggy bread on the plate. No alternative was offered - then we heard other guests come along and ask for fried eggs and omelettes! But the staff were clearly trying to push the french toast on everyone. As others have said, breakfast hours aren't terribly helpful when guests are getting up for hikes (8.30-10am) - we told the hotel that we would be going to be leaving at 7am to go to the grand canyon, and got given 2 bottles of water and a muffin and granola bar each. Yum! On our last morning, we bypassed the pancakes and asked for friend eggs. There was no bacon, only chicken sausages that they'd been pushing on us the first morning, too. And for all the talk of bread making, the bread looked shop bought to me! Just average, really. Better breakfasts to be had at Dennys.

4) And onto the staff. Well, they're pretty much non-existent. We arrived at 9pm the first night, tired from our flight. As it was a 'late' check-in, they left instructions for us to find our keys. It was a bit miserable. I'd emailed earlier to ask about restaurants, and no one bothered to mention that the retirement community of Sedona eats early - so after 9pm the chances of finding anywhere to eat are slim! If there'd been reception staff there, we could have asked for tips. Dawn was the one helpful person - she went out of her way to give us good hiking and restaurant tips. But there was another woman (dark hair, ponytail) who was downright rude to my husband. Basically, there are hardly ever any staff on the property. It literally is almost like having an apartment on a managed property, rather than being in a hotel or upmarket B&B.

Conclusion: if I'd been paying, say, $350 per night, I would have been happy with the lovely room and non-existent facilities. But for $500, I felt ripped off. We went on to stay 3 nights at l'Auberge, staying in a Vista Cottage for the same price as the Adobe, and we much preferred that. Like Adobe, L'Auberge has beautiful rooms, but it also has a great location by a creek, beautiful grounds, and little extras like 8a.m. duck feeding!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
20  Thank LondonGirl32
Abit, General Manager at Adobe Grand Villas, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2012

Thank you for the feedback! We appreciate your honesty and hopefully, it will help others understand that we are small property, with only 16 Villas and they will not mistake us for a large resort.

We are tucked away in a small quiet neighborhood located approximately three miles from the heart of Sedona’s uptown shopping area. We are within walking distance to the Thunder Mountain trailhead and are also close to several wonderful West Sedona restaurants. Our guests like the peace and quiet rather than the hassle and bustle and traffic street noises.

Our office is open from 8am-6pm. The manager’s and Owner’s phone numbers are in the Villa books and posted on our front entrance, if you have any questions or problems after hours ,we will be happy to be there to help.

Our Innkeepers greet our breakfast guests with the courses Chef has prepared and/or other options for example: “Hello, today the chef has prepared cranberry & orange zest scones, blueberry smoothies, French toast with a banana foster sauce and chicken apple sausage. However, if you would like something else, we would be happy to make it for you.” We are also very happy to accommodate almost any special dietary needs.

Our breakfast is served between 8:30-10am. If a guest is leaving early, we are happy to make a to-go breakfast bag for them that will include for each guest; water, a homemade muffin, fresh fruit, fruit snack, trail mix and granola. We prepare sweet entree's one day and savory the next, so that guests have a chance to experience different options daily. We are also happy to wait for a guest if they will be arriving late for breakfast due to an early hike or tour.

Trip Advisor has some great pictures that our previous guests have posted that include our gardens and garden patio areas! There is a picture of our lobby and pool area on our website also for those who would like to see them. Our property consists of five buildings. The main building houses the Hacienda Villa and the main lobby; the rest of the buildings each have 3 or 4 Villas in each. All have separate entrances and separate staircases, private balconies and private patios, for maximum privacy for our guests.

Each Villa has its own bread maker and the mixes are prepared by our staff and baked fresh daily in the villa. Our Villas are all between 850-950sq ft and they do all have a fireplace by the jetted tubs, and another in the main room; they all have kitchenettes stocked with complementary snacks, soda’s, coffees, teas, water, fresh baked bread. The difference in our Villas are their size, with bathrooms as large as most hotel rooms, featuring double sink vanities, private toilet rooms and large walk in showers, and the themes, such as French, Countryside, Tuscan, Western, Shabby Chic, Log Cabin, mountain cabin, etc.. Many of our downstairs Villas have Murphy beds that pull out from the wall, to give more than 2 guests per Villa the ability to sleep on a full queen size mattress, and we also have two Villas which are over 1800 square feet and have a full 2 bedrooms and 2 baths.

Our Late Arrival instructions are given verbally over the phone and emailed to our guests.

Thanks for the advice; we will now be informing our late arrival guests that most of the restaurants in Sedona close earlier than they do in a big city.

Reviewed May 11, 2012

We stayed n the Hacienda Villa, the Innkeepers, Chief Michael just all to wonderful to explain it all. Pictures do NOT do it justice. The staff are dream come true, Friendly, Polite, yet not intrusive. Breakfast and warm snacks mid afternoon wonderful! My husband thought the bed was the most comfortable he had ever slept in! If you have not stayed here; I do not think I can do it juctice with this review. I felt like I were in a dream and every wish had come true @ the Adobe Grand Villa, no details were left undone, if you thought of it... it was already taken care of! Well worth it even in todays economy.

Room Tip: Any room here is special! the pictures can not show you how unique they are! If you need to not climb stairs let the staff know before booking.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank CindylouTallahassee
Reviewed May 11, 2012

My husband, baby and I stayed here based on other tripadvisor reviews. What a great place! We stayed in the Timbers Villa which has the most comfortable bed in the world. It was spacious and comfortable. Bath was huge. My only complaint was while the shower was neat (walk in with water that poured out over rocks), I would have liked other shower heads because I got cold taking a shower--too much air flow! The jacuzzi tub was wonderful. Breakfast was fantastic. We liked having cookies in the evening and tea and coffee available. The daily bread was another great perk. We'd definitely stay there again. Good location.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank horsemom1976
A Holiday Lettings verified reviewer
Sydney Mines, Canada
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Room Tip: We only stayed in one room, and it was amazing, so I can't offer any comparisons. Antiquities room is amazing!. Looks over the pool if you care for that. We didn't try the fitness room.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple