“Best place I've stayed” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Tucson, Arizona, United States
“Best place I've stayed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2011

I reserved one night at the Adobe Grand Villas (11/27/11) for myself, sister & two nephews from Michigan (I reside in Tucson). We stayed in the Sedona Breeze room. It was gorgeous & comfy. The view outside our front door at night was incredible - the southwestern architecture in silhouette underneath a crescent moon. I snapped a photo on my phone that didn't do it justice.

We arrived to the delectable aroma of cinnamon bread just baked in the bread maker in our room & I was welcomed with a happy birthday balloon tied to a candle, since I have an early December birthday & let them know. The gas fireplace in the bathroom next to the jacuzzi tub was amazing, as was the gas fireplace in the sleeping quarters - one switch & each came on. The shower was a religious experience. There were complimentary snacks in the room for us, as well as a fridge with complimentary waters & beverages & a coffeemaker. The common area in the lobby was warm & welcoming with a roaring fireplace, soft, large sofa sectional, & chef's squash bisque or stew in a crock pot if you wanted a snack. Between 6pm-8pm, there were bite-sized desserts (cream puffs) & always a beverage station, complete with hot water for tea or hot chocolate (several flavors from which to choose), coffee & ice water. Every detail that one could possibly think of was included. The decor was way above expectations & the bed extremely comfy. We loved the rustic look of our room along with its modern amenities. We wanted for nothing - other than time enough to be able to stay another night. The hot tub was great with a fridge nearby with complimentary bottled water. The robes that were supplied for each of us were comfy & warm. Breakfast by a French chef named Jacqueline was magnificent...crepes with chicken sausage & fresh fruit. Jacqueline herself was a delight with her grandmotherly demeanor & French accent. One of my nephews said, "I just want to hug her."

I will definitely be back with my husband to enjoy the romantic side of this place, since it oozes "romantic, quiet, relaxing getaway." If you go, leave your electronics at home - or at least, shut them off for a day. This place will recharge you, if you only let it. The Adobe Grand Villas has been, by far, the best place at which I've ever stayed.

Room Tip: From what I've seen online, all the rooms have different themes, but are set up basically with t...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Lisa P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
Falmouth, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2011

My wife and I stayed 2 days in the garden room last week.Room was unique, Fresh bread made in the room was a gracious touch.
Pricey but they deliver more than promised. Fabulous rooms, great inn keepers, They couldn't do enough for us.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank allen k
Chino Hills, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2011

Overall, enjoyed our stay here. Stayed in the Timber room which was very unique. Breakfast is good. The downside is the expensive cost - not quite sure if it met my expectation considering how much we paid. Don't waste your time with their spa services; better to be had in Sedona.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank msa23_2000
Westfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2011

I had the pleasure of staying for 2 nights at the Adobe Grand Villas in Sedona, Arizona last week. The sixteen or so villas on property were all different and provided a homey-yet eclectic feel to an otherwise beautiful area. The grounds were beautiful and kept in a clean and serene environment. I was surprised that no one on this site had commented on the main door leading to the innkeepers lobby. There is an actual waterfall running through the door.
The staff is gracious and helpful, wi-fi and a computer available for no charge. The amenities were great. It was totally relaxing. The breakfasts provided were not only plentiful, but I border them on fantastic and rarely have seen quality pervade throughout all the foods served.I totally disagree with several comments on the board that found the food subpar.My wife and I commented "what more could you ask for".
If not for the costof the villa, I would have stayed the week,but I am happy to have had the honor of trying out a unique and quaint hotel rated highly on on most people's list.

• Stayed November 2011
2 Thank steven g
Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2011

We stayed at the Adobe Grand Villas for our 10th anniversary. We were pleasantly surprised with the daily fresh baked bread and snacks in your room. Wonderful stay. We will return.

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank Beasley33
NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2011

I must say from the minute we walked into our room " cactus flower" I was in love. The fireplace in the main room never went off. However, taking a nice jacuzzi bath with a firplace in the bathroom was simply the best!
The service was great. Anything we needed they were right there.
The breakfast was great.
We did the peronal dinner with the chef. He was incredible. A nice romantic dinner in the dining room. We went outside and put our feet in the outdoor hot tub and chef Micheal served our desert there while we looked at the stars and enjoyed the outside fire pit.

Also , we had a couples massage and it was devine.

I look forward to our next trip there.
It you are considering a special, romantic place, look no further. Upper end, Bed and Breakfast place!

Cheers to all at Adobe.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tracey868
Howell, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2011

The room was clean, spacious and so comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. We stayed a week and felt at home there. Very peaceful and beautiful.

Room Tip: go online and check out all the rooms available to find the perfect fit
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family