“Excellent”

Rene at Tlaquepaque
Ranked #12 of 194 Restaurants in Sedona
Cuisines: French, International
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Sedona Restaurant RENE at Tlaquepaque has been the home of casual fine dining for more than thirty nine years and is still winning awards. Diners appreciate the relaxed fine dining ambiance, attentive and pleasant service, and of course, outstanding food and wines. Locals, tourists and celebrities have made RENE a favorite for lunch and dinner. Make your visit to Sedona special ... Dine with us at RENE, fine food in casual elegant surroundings in Tlaquepaque
Somerset, UK
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

After a disappointing experience the previous evening, this restaurant, which we stumbled upon quite by accident while wandering around Tlaquepaque during the daytime, was a great find. I cannot understand why it is not much higher up the Tripadvisor rating list.

Having made a booking for a patio table, I was a little apprehensive about how the evening was going to go when we arrived and were left standing (various waiters passing and just saying “the boss will be here in a minute”) for rather longer than I would have thought was appropriate for a restaurant of this calibre. However, we were finally seated at a patio table, although I was a little disappointed that only one of the two seats was actually facing where a lady was playing piano and singing rather beautifully. As it happened, another table for two became vacant very soon and, on my request we were very willingly moved to it, where both my wife and I then had an excellent view of the entertainment.

Our waiter was polite, charming, knowledgeable about the menu and wines and efficient. We started with Avocado and tomato for my wife and I had a fantastic French onion soup. One of the special entrees for the evening was Steak Dianne, which my wife opted for, while I went for the Antelope with a whisky and juniper sauce, from the menu. We followed on with Pecan Pie for my wife and a Crème Brulee for me. All of the food was outstanding; some of the best that we have had on this trip to the US.

This is a really nice restaurant with a terrific ambience. The patio is an absolutely delightful place to eat, made even more so by the lady singer/pianist who played during the evening. She had a beautiful voice and kept the volume at just the right level for the circumstances.

We will certainly go back to Rene’s if we are fortunate enough to visit Sedona again.

1 Thank TauntonBob

Hudson, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great food, great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

This is probably the best restaurant in Sedona. Basic food done really well. The wait staff was very attentive, friendly, and helpful. Overall a very wonderful experience.

Hernando, Mississippi
“Dinner after marrying on Bell Rock.....Exquisite!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

OMG - The Very Best!!
The staff helped arrange to have roses on the table.
Reseved one of the perfect tables for a special occasion.
Perfect atmosphere, perfect service, perfect memories!
Tony, our server was the BEST!
We coursed our meal and beverages at his suggestion.
The food was delicious, really..
If you make the trip to Sedona, and don't go to Rene at Tlaquepaque you are missing a real treat!!!

Thanx Tony and everyone at Rene for being part of are perfect lifelong memories.

2 Thank Clifford D
Detroit, Michigan
“Great patio”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

OK, so we were fresh off plane from a dreary, snowy state. We found the patio charming and service very attentive. Our waiter recommended drinks and dishes that we thoroughly enjoyed. They were nice to my child...a plus. Not cutting edge but very friendly and great quality. We'd go back. Very unintimidating for French restaurant!

• Visited April 2013
Tucson
“Always a Joy!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

When in Sedona dining at Rene is imperative. The food is beautifully prepared, always incredible, beautiful to behold and delicious. My husband and I chose Rene to celebrate our anniversary. It was a memorable meal. We started with a beverage at the bar, a perfectly prepared cosmo. We moved to the dining room which is lovely with amazing lighting, gorgeous artwork, the view of the lovely courtyard at Tlaquepague. Our waiter was gracious, he explained the dishes, the specials. We decided as an appetizer to try the carpaccio of antelope which came with a bruschetta and 3 different aioli varieties. The antelope was incredible, quite a taste treat. My husband decided on the duck and I decided on the dover sole. The meals were impeccable, beautifully plated and the depths of flavor were astounding. We both loved the meal. We finished off with a shared crème brulee that was classical perfection and an amazing compliment to the meal. I am very thankful to Rene for making our anniversary so memorable.

1 Thank DixieJ

Been to Rene at Tlaquepaque? Share your experiences!