“Great Atmosphere”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed August 5, 2013

As we drove through town on 89A looking for a place to eat for dinner on a Sunday night at 6:30pm, it seemed as if most of the restaurants had closed early. So when we saw "Diner" and an "OPEN" sign lit up, we just pulled right over. We were pleasantly surprised by the decor. The kids loved it, and we thought it was definitely original, but hey, we're into this stuff. We enjoyed going through all the names on the menu and looking at the decor.

Table or booth? Booths are on the other side of the diner as you enter and apparently the more popular section. We chose a table in the emptier front entrance of the diner. Service was friendly and prompt with multiple visits to the table to ask if we needed things like napkins,ketchup, refills. We had a 'split' burger for the kids (bun to one child and meat to another), a club for dad, and a french dip for me. No issues with greasy burgers or fries, and the sandwiches were delicious. I enjoyed the mashed potatoes and mushroom gravy myself.
Prices were the same as we'd pay at similar diners, but the kids meals were pricier at $6.50/meal, which included a soda. They charged an extra $2 for milks in large styrofoam cups that weren't really kid friendly, so I'd recommend splitting milk and bringing your own cups if you have little ones.

Overall, we'd come here again.. .there were so many choices available on the menu. We prefer patronizing mom and pop places over Denny's and McDonald's. If I want to go on a ride, I go to Six Flags... if I want an experience, I go to Disneyland.

Besides, the peanut butter milkshake alone was well worth a return visit!

Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Good diner food, good service and a fun theme. Also a good selection of fun mixed drinks. I would eat here again.

Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Every time I come to Sedona the Red Planet Diner has been my first stop, but no more. Since two years ago the place has fallen apart in every way. Peeling paint on the outside, useless waitresses , sub par overpriced food, broken and duct taped furniture and the list goes on. It's like the place closed up but didn't tell the staff. It's too bad that such great fun place is gone. I won't be going back and do not recommend it

Reviewed August 4, 2013

My wife and I have eaten a number of burgers and other food here, and I can't say either of us has ever had a really memorable meal in this place. However, the tongue-in-cheek decor celebrating Sedona's reputation as a hot spot for extraterrestrials makes a visit worth it. You've got to see it. Prices are about midrange for what you would expect for a casual meal in an upscale tourist town, and won't make you take out a mortgage.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Food was really good with large portions. Atmosphere was tacky, could have been better. Curb appeal is horrible. We drove by it three times. Finally I turned on the GPS. Bathrooms were really small. Ran out of silverware so we had to use plastic utensils.