“Tasty pizzas”

Picazzo's Organic Italian Kitchen
Ranked #21 of 198 Restaurants in Sedona
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Description: Healthy Italian inspired cuisine artfully handcrafted. Pizza, Pasta, Salad, Quinoa Bowls, Desserts, kids menu, etc. Best gluten-free and allergy friendly menu in Arizona. Many vegetarian and vegan options. Full bar serving handcrafted cocktails and local craft beers with daily healthy hours.
Ljubljana, Slovenia
“Tasty pizzas”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

We went there twice - once last year and once this year.

The first time we went there we ordered two medium pizzas from the menu (no extras) and a pasta + three drinks.
We ended up paying over $80 (tip was already included, because they knew we're foreigners).
Pizza was good, pasta not so much, but it all faded when we saw the receipt. Maybe they've made a mistake, but we were so shocked that we forgot to check.

This year there were only two of us and we ordered one large pizza (the one with avocado slices, vegan mozzarella and wholewheat crust. I think it was the best pizza I ever ate! So delicious and tasty! We also ordered lemonade. And ended paying a lot less. Tips weren't included either, so we could decide on the amount ourselves.

It's a nice place, but it can easily get insanely expensive!

I'll definitely come back for that pizza next time I'm in Sedona. It was amazing and I'm still craving it.

• Visited June 2014
Rob W, Manager at Picazzo's Organic Italian Kitchen, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Hi Eva,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to give us a good review, we truly appreciate it. We're so glad you had a more enjoyable experience with us the second time around. We hope to see you again when you return to Sedona. Have a great day!

Celebration,Florida,USA
“Great organic pizza”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

All of the food here is incredibly fresh. If you have any special dietary needs such as gluten free or you are very health conscious but would like some pizza this restaurant is perfect for you. I loved the veggie pizza we ordered and I tasted a family members pizza who needs to eat gluten free and that was delicious as well.

Visited July 2014
Hi Joanne,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to give us such a positive review, we truly appreciate it. We are so glad you had such a pleasant experience with us. Thank you again and have a great day!
Sedona, Arizona
“Slipping”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Picazzos has been packed with people almost since it opened and I have enjoyed some delicious pizzas, pastas and salads there in the past. At my most recent visit earlier this month I was disappointed in the food for the first time. The previously wonderful GF pizza was tough and the bottom was not crisp as I had specifically requested. The mixture of greens was odd, in fact it seemed that none of the leaves had been cut or torn at all. I also noticed that the salad dressing - previously a perfect texture, flavor and consistency sat on the greens like a hen sitting on her eggs. The "putenesca" pizza had one kalamata olive, almost no feta cheese and many fewer artichoke hearts than I have ever seen. So sad. Fewer toppings equal less flavor. I guess I am spoiled by years of relishing any meal at Picazzos, even though it is very loud when packed, which is most of the time - I just hope the food from the early days will return and soon. As always the staff was great, the overall appearance was clean and the portions extra large. Please bring back the quality !

• Visited July 2014
Hi Elise,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to give us your feedback, we truly appreciate hearing a loyal customer's opinion. We're truly sorry that your meal wasn't as good as previous experiences. We hope you will give us another chance. Have a great day!
Springfield, Missouri
“A Celiac's dream come true”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Everything on the menu is gluten free (with the exception of two items). With that said, it is not only GF, but it's tasty as well. I had the chipotle chicken pasta - the pasta noodles were fresh and did not taste dense and gummy like gf noodles can - even reheated the next day they are good. My husband ordered the gf pizza and for me it was good as well (he doesn't have to eat GF, so it was just "okay" for him). The kids had cheese pizza on regular crust and mac and cheese - they both enjoyed it.

The wait staff were friendly and gave us some good tips on some things to see and do while we were in town. The food took about 20 minutes to get to us.

Because I knew what I was getting, gf-wise, we came back later in the week to eat again. If you're used to gf being dense in texture and just a "little less" than what you could eat before you had to go gf, you need to give Picazzo's a try. I enjoyed getting to eat good food again.

• Visited July 2014
Rob W, Manager at Picazzo's Organic Italian Kitchen, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Hi Sarah,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to give us such a great review, we truly appreciate it. We're so glad you and your family were able to dine with us and enjoy your meal. Thank you again for the review, have a great day!
Cary, North Carolina
“Great Pizza!”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Great pizza! Very healthy organic menu. Friendly staff. Nice atmosphere. Would have liked to see more pasta selections.

Visited July 2014
Rob W, Manager at Picazzo's Organic Italian Kitchen, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Hi Jen, thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to give us such a great review, we truly appreciate it. We're so glad you had a pleasant experience with us. Have a great day!