“Javelina Cantina”

Javelina Cantina
Ranked #30 of 198 Restaurants in Sedona
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view, Large groups
Description: Javelina Cantina is located in the Hillside Shopping Center. We offer traditional Sonoran Mexican cuisine. All of our food is housemade fresh daily and cooked to order, using the finest and freshest ingredients available. We offer indoor and outdoor patio dining with spectacular views of Sedona whether you're seated inside or out. Happy hour is from 3:00 to 6:00 daily. Please join us for Sedona's finest Mexican Cuisine. Visit us near sunset and you just might get a show, we usually see Javelina's on the north side of the restaurant around sunset.
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Referred by a local shopkeeper, we found this little gem of a restaurant. I am sometimes hesitant to order chili verde at restaurants because I always end up comparing it to my Mom's and end up rather disappointed. However, the chili verde at Javelina was excellent, the salmon tostada my husband ordered looked too good to eat and the overall service, quality of food and ambiance was extremely good. Definitely will go back here next time I am in Sedona.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our meal here while in Sedona for several days. We were able to make reservations and asked for a window table. Even though there were only 2 of us, we were able to enjoy a window table.

Our server was very nice - and started out strong and then . . . maybe due to busyness, his attentiveness declined as the meal progressed.

We did enjoy our meal - servings were large since.

We would enjoy going back when in Sedona again.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

Visited this restaurant based on previous reviews. Nice location with great views in Sedona but felt the food wasn't worth raving about. It was just an average Mexican food restaurant to us. It might have been what we ordered but it just didn't have that authentic Mexican food taste.

Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

First time at Javelina Cantina. Just walked from Elote cuz it was a two hour wait there.

Got right in to JC. Hostess was abrupt but whatever. Our server greeted us quickly with menus and the staff brought us water, chips and salsa. The salsa was actually very good. Very cold, but very good. She also ordered wine while I got the Fago Margarita. It was good, not stellar.

My wife ordered combo number two, which they let her have two tacos. It came with beans (subbed rice), shredded cabbage and pico de gallo. She got machaca tacos. I ordered the machaca chimichanga. It came with crema, guacamole, pico and red sauce.

The tacos were very good. They were juicy and flavorful. My chimi was also juicy and flavorful and hot! The cheese was on one side inside the tortilla, so I tended to dig thru that side first to get the tang of the cheese but the whole package was tasty.

We will return to JC when we are in the area.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

Easy drive and lots of parking space. Our group of 3 was seated promptly for lunch. Great late April weather. I had the Salmon enchilada dish, which was great and a new way for to see salmon served. The staff was friendly and attentive. Nice views of the surrounding mountains. Would visit again in the future.