“Great margaritas!”

Javelina Cantina
Ranked #39 of 204 Restaurants in Sedona
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view, Large groups
Description: Javelina Cantina is located in the Hillside Shopping Center. We offer traditional Sonoran Mexican cuisine. All of our food is housemade fresh daily and cooked to order, using the finest and freshest ingredients available. We offer indoor and outdoor patio dining with spectacular views of Sedona whether you're seated inside or out. Happy hour is from 3:00 to 6:00 daily. Please join us for Sedona's finest Mexican Cuisine. Visit us near sunset and you just might get a show, we usually see Javelina's on the north side of the restaurant around sunset.
Reviewed April 12, 2013

My pink jeep tour guide recommended this place when I asked where to get a great margarita in town. We really enjoyed their delicious Tex/Mex style eats and a pitcher of delicious margaritas. Our waiter was friendly and the service was good. It is a lively laid-back place. Was dining with friends, and portions were huge. Appetizers were wonderful and we split entrees.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,228)

Reviewed April 11, 2013

We had been to the Javelina Cantina a year ago but only had a drink in the late afternoon. Our daughter had recommended it as a good place to eat and was she right! We arrived around 7 p.m. on a Monday night to find the place packed. We put our name in and was told there was at least a 45 minute wait; however, after about 10 minutes we found places at the bar for the four of us. It was "Margarita Monday" so our margaritas were only $3.00 each and very good. We have no problem eating at the bar and enjoyed very tasty (and filling) Mexican fare.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Was really looking forward to some good Mexican food but came away disappointed.
The portions are huge, even the waiter agreed that a single fajita entree would be enough for two so my wife and I decided to share. Trouble is my wife wanted a chicken fajita and I prefer steak, however they would not let us have half and half, as does just about every other Mexican or Tex-Mex restaurant in the world. Being a gentleman I went with the chicken of course.
However, I cannot understand their reluctance to mix chicken and steak. The margeritas were great as were the chips and salsa to start, but I came away very disappointed.

Lauren A, General Manager at Javelina Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Javelina Cantina is well known for their Fajitas! Our Fajitas are made with Filet Mignon or Organic Red Bird Chicken Breast, fresh peppers and onions, and of course our very special sauce. We do allow customers to add either chicken or steak to fajitas with an additional charge.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We had lunch at the Javelina Cantina in Sedona. The restaurant has an outdoor seating area with a nice view of the mountains. We moved inside (it was a little cold in early April), but the big glass windows allowed us a good view. The food was tasty and not too expensive (at least for Sedona). I'd recommend it to others heading to Sedona.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I enjoyed the views most of all. It is a large restaurant, and we had a very large party so it was able to accommodate all of us. The wait staff was okay, the food was okay, I do recommend the churros, they were really yummy as a desert item. It was a successful evening as many of the part were high school athletes and they were able to order food that would please them. It is a busy place, and you should make a reservation!

Been to Javelina Cantina? Share your experiences!