“WOOHOO JAVELINA CANTINA RULES MY WORLD”
Review of Javelina Cantina

Javelina Cantina
Ranked #39 of 204 Restaurants in Sedona
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups
Description: Javelina Cantina is located in the Hillside Shopping Center. We offer traditional Sonoran Mexican cuisine. All of our food is housemade fresh daily and cooked to order, using the finest and freshest ingredients available. We offer indoor and outdoor patio dining with spectacular views of Sedona whether you're seated inside or out. Happy hour is from 3:00 to 6:00 daily. Please join us for Sedona's finest Mexican Cuisine. Visit us near sunset and you just might get a show, we usually see Javelina's on the north side of the restaurant around sunset.
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Oh my! If you're coming to Sedona, eat here! Great authentic Mexican food! I was in Sedona for a week! And I ate there twice! Whenever I go back I will eat there every night! Great food and on certain days they have really good deals! With great servers. It's so delicious. Be sure to stop at Javelina Cantina in Sedona Arizona! You won't regret it! Woohoo!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,228)

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Our hotel clerk recommended Javelina as a good alternative to the glitzier Mexican restaurant in West Sedona. His point was that the food was better and at a more reasonable price. I will say that the restaurant is a little hard to find in the dark so you may want to get very clear directions before you head out for it.

When we did get there I was a little disappointed at first. It looked like every other basic medium priced mexican restaurant. Skeptical that the food would be above average, I opted to order the Pork Adobo sandwich instead of more traditional mexican food. It was a very good sandwich with really good french fries. That said, I ogled my wife's plate all night with order envy. She ordered one of the South of the Border Combos and it came out a very substantial serving with an appetizing presentation. All of the food on her plate was delicious!

This restaurant merits consideration. The food is very good. The service is good. The pricing reasonable. It is not a glitzy type restaurant where you would leave it saying that the ambiance was really cool. Still, the atmosphere is pleasant. Personally, I would rather pay for good quality food and service rather than fancy decor. I would definitely return to this restaurant and almost did the next night!

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Traditional Mexican food, served in huge portions and in a fun atmosphere. The margarita's were very good, and they have a ton of varieties. I had the "prickly pear" margarita....it was very sweet, but good. We went in on a Saturday night about 7 pm....with a reservation made about an hour prior. The wait at the door was over an hour....Glad I called and made that reservation!

Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

We eat at JC once a year or so. The salmon tacos are now one of my favories at home. The prices are high for Mexican fare, but not for Sedona. Enjoy.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

This came recommended by relatives who come here often, and I was impressed. Well decorated with very good wait staff. We came in with 8 people, and everyone was impressed with the food quality and service. I had the shrimp fajitas. It came out hot and tasty.