“From start to finish every bite was bursting with flavors.”
Review of Cress on Oak Creek

Cress on Oak Creek
Reserve with OpenTable
Cress on Oak Creek is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 204 Restaurants in Sedona
Cuisines: French, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Hwy 89A
Description: Cress on Oak Creek is a fine dining, prix-fixe culinary destination in Sedona. Inspired by the nature of Northern Arizona, locally foraged and hand-selected ingredients are incorporated in delectable courses served on the banks of babbling Oak Creek. Guests are invited to indulge in one of the most exclusive, memorable and scenic dining experiences in the world.
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Went here for our Anniversary dinner. Everything, from the atmosphere, food, and waiter (Joel) was outstanding! The different flavors in all the food dishes were exquisite! Our waiter Joel made us feel like he was only there to wait on us. He gave good suggestions on different dishes a wines ... All his suggestions where right on spot. All-in-all, for a celebration dinner this is the place to go!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,566)

Reviewed June 30, 2014

My girlfriend and I have been talking about steak Tartar for a while now and this place did a great job with theirs. My lamb was cooked perfect, and my gf's steak was as well. Do not come here if you are short on time as the atmosphere is very relaxed and it might take longer than usual. A slower pace 3 course dinner was what we were hoping for therefore it was an ideal restaurant for us with a relaxing sound of the passing creek and nature.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Beautiful setting right on the creek. Try it for lunch instead of dinner to save yourself some money since dinner was pricey for what you get.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

We had a wonderful Sunday champagne brunch in a wonderful setting outside on the terrace along side the babbling river under the canopy of trees with wildlife in abundance and wonderful food and champagne that kept flowing

Reviewed June 28, 2014

Just had an amazing anniversary dinner here having heard about the restaurant for years. Excellent wine selection (one of the best in Northern Arizona) and we were facing the creek about 3 feet away from our table. Not the widest bar selection options, but you can find something to keep you happy if you prefer cocktails. You then choose a 3 course or 4 course meal (the difference being dessert) for a set price. My wife started with a dungeoness crab crepe that looked excellent, with the caveat that the crepe came with a fois foam (if you are not a liver fan). I started with a beef tartare that came topped with a fried egg, capers and a sauce which was chewy and yolk drenched and perfect. My wife had the veloute next, which was smooth and flavorful, but keep in mind it is a hot soup if you are out creekside during the day. I had a mixed greens salad with prosciutto, and it was simple but a great combination of flavor and texture with strawberry and goat cheese. For our entrees, my wife had the red snapper with quinoa and I had the lamb chop. The fish was crispy on the skin side and was perfectly cooked. My lamb chop nearly had me licking the plate, which is a surprise in that I wanted all the roasted vegetables that came with it as well as the lamb chop itself.

The secret to finding the turnoff to go hide by the creek is trusting your navigator. On the side of the main highway through town from the switchbacks is a rock sign for L'Auberge Lane. I thought my phone was nuts telling me where to turn as there was highway railing all the way up to the turn. Then the road goes down quickly and you are immediately in a spot that feels like it is all alone along the creek. Also, in sitting creekside instead of in the main restaurant, you are next to others but the noise of the creek flowing feels like it isolates you from everyone else's conversations going on around you. The staff was very friendly and accommodating and was happy to give you recommendations on anything you had questions about. This may be a splurge type of meal, but it was worth it.

Been to Cress on Oak Creek? Share your experiences!