“Exquisite setting and a wonderful menu.”
Review of Cress on Oak Creek

Cress on Oak Creek
Reserve with OpenTable
Cress on Oak Creek is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 199 Restaurants in Sedona
Cuisines: French, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Hwy 89A
Description: Cress on Oak Creek is a fine dining, prix-fixe culinary destination in Sedona. Inspired by the nature of Northern Arizona, locally foraged and hand-selected ingredients are incorporated in delectable courses served on the banks of babbling Oak Creek. Guests are invited to indulge in one of the most exclusive, memorable and scenic dining experiences in the world.
Reviewed March 30, 2014

We had lunch "creek-side" and found it to be a wonderful setting with terrific menu items. An excellent experience and we will return every time we are in Sedona.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,537)

Reviewed March 27, 2014

We were staying in one of the lodges overnight and reserved a table in the restaurant. We were offered a table by the creek which was so pretty. Although there was a slight breeze we didn't feel it, as each table has their own patio heater to keep you cosy. Food was faultless and all fresh produce. A good range of wines also. Our waitress was very attentive and friendly and helped complete a great evening. Exactly what we would expect from 5* dining.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Some of our family (thirty year olds) dined at the L'Auberge while we cared for our grandson. They spoke very highly of their experience so we went the following evening. The menu is price fixed but there is flexibility for sharing. It is worth waiting for a creek side table. All of the offerings are presented in a very unique fashion so it is best to discuss them with your server. Marlo was excellent in helping us, as were each and every member of the service team. This positive service attitude even extended to valet parking both on arrival and departure. The only opportunity for improvement would be with the hostess who was not people friendly.
Clearly, the chef has a special talent for blending a whole rage of seasonings with the best seafood, meats and produce...leave room for desert.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

This was an exceptional meal. I was dining alone and had a reservation. The hostess was nice enough to ask if I would prefer a table by the creek and I waited a few extra minutes to have one. It was worth the wait, as I had an exceptional setting for my meal. My waitress, Cheryl, was very personable and helpful. The rest of the waitstaff was also very attentive and accommodating. The Crab crepe was delicious, as was the lamp chop; however, the roasted parsnip veloute was outstanding. This was an expensive, yet delicious meal and I thoroughly enjoyed every bite. The wines that Cheryl recommended were both excellent with the meal. I would highly recommend this restaurant and hope to return.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

We had the four-course meal; with their wide selection of half-bottles the sommelier was able to pair two wines (white & red) that went well with each course. It was a great meal! I don’t consider myself a light-eater but I was so full it was hard for me to enjoy the desert.

We stayed at a different hotel nearby, and decided to walk to the restaurant. We should have called ahead or asked about the feasibility of walking. The entrance from the main road isn’t pedestrian friendly, at least at night, it wasn’t lit and we didn’t see a sidewalk. Since it was dark, looked steep and I was wearing heels, we called the restaurant for their recommendations. They gladly picked us up, and it was all uphill from there.

Even though it was fine dining, the restaurant has a casual feel so I’ll leave the heels at home next time.

Been to Cress on Oak Creek? Share your experiences!