“Mediocre food, annoying service, no view”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Cress on Oak Creek

Cress on Oak Creek
Reserve with OpenTable
Cress on Oak Creek is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 194 Restaurants in Sedona
Cuisines: French, American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Hwy 89A
Description: Cress on Oak Creek is a fine dining, prix-fixe culinary destination in Sedona. Inspired by the nature of Northern Arizona, locally foraged and hand-selected ingredients are incorporated in delectable courses served on the banks of babbling Oak Creek. Guests are invited to indulge in one of the most exclusive, memorable and scenic dining experiences in the world.
NY, NY
“Mediocre food, annoying service, no view”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

I'd recommend another place. It's very expensive and the food is definitely not worth it. Not even close. If you have to go there, get a drink and an appetizer, then go elsewhere for dinner.

Visited October 2012
3 Thank Lion-of-Judah-18

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Boston, Massachusetts
“Perfect kickoff dinner to start wedding weekend...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

My bridesmaids took me out for dinner here. I did the four-course meal for $89, and I'd definitely do it again! The filet mignon was tender, tasty, and perfectly cooked. The seared tuna appetizer was also delicious. Had serious food coma by the end of the meal.

Visited October 2012
“PERFECT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

Had my wedding here on10/10/10, and we come back frequently.. The atmosphere is second to none!! Truly magical.. And the food is as delicious everytime I come back as it was on my Wedding Day!!

Washington, DC
“Good food with some misses, excellent service and atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

Four of us on a family vacation in the Sedona area had dinner here last night. We were seated immediately at a table on Oak creek, a beautiful setting replete with mallards and babbling water. The evening chill was eased by propane heaters. Overall, the service was very good. Our server was knowledgeable, knew the food and the wine list, and the runners brought the food to the table hot (it is a hike from the main building to creekside).

The L'Auberge's cocktail list was interesting and very good quality. My GF's negroni was exceptional. L'Auberge offers an extensive wine list, but it is long on $100 and over bottles and light on bottles under $75. That was a disappointment, especially compared to the lists I see in the Wash DC area. We did find some Napa syrahs that worked with the food and did not break the bank. Most restaurants are happy to put out warmed bread brought in par baked from a wholesaler, but L'Auberge provides very good sourdough baked there along with a rosemary butter, olive oil with good balsamic vinegar, and an exceptional tapanade. A very good start to the meal.

The starters were the best part of the meal. My GF ordered the pork belly that was cooked well and was flavorful, and my Dungeness crab crepe was well done and a good flavor balance. My brother and his wife had the heirloom tomato and melon salad with which they were pleased. The lobster bisque had a touch of nutmeg but little lobster present, and was not the chunks described in the menu.

The mains were good but did not match the starters. My venison was cooked rare as ordered but did not jump out with flavor - either the meat or the sauce. My GF's duck was carved in thick slabs, and the fat had not been cooked down. The accompanying cassoulet was undercooked with crunchy beans but the liquid was very good. The other two diners ordered steak with bernaise sauce, and they were happy.

An uneven experience in a restaurant that wants to run with big city four stars, especially with their prices. There were many empty tables, so the kitchen was not slammed. Perhaps the second team was working that night. Overall, I would return for another dinner to see if the prices and the food better aligned.

• Visited October 2012
Sedona
“Veranda Bar”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

Because the main restaurant has gone to a prix fixe 3 or 4 course dinner only, and we weren't hungry enough to manage such a large meal, we opted for the bar menu. The first thing that struck us (literally) was the noise. We almost left. The hostess was wise enough to offer us outdoor, heated seating. It was a great relief to listen to the creek instead of the crowd. The next disappointment was that the menu didn't match the on-line menu. We had decided on the flatiron steak listed on-line, but it wasn't available. We settled for the flatiron steak sandwiches. I ordered mine medium-rare, my partner medium. They both came out rare. The flavors were good, the fries were nice and crispy. Our server, Connor, was attentive, but needs to learn that "you guys" is not a collective pronoun for a man and a woman.

• Visited October 2012

Been to Cress on Oak Creek? Share your experiences!