“Delicious” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pisa Lisa

Pisa Lisa
Ranked #14 of 190 Restaurants in Sedona
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Pisa Lisa is a casual and vibrant experience. Gourmet decadent style pizzas are served to you hot from our wood fired pizza oven. We offer plus artisan made gelato and house made desserts. All great for dining in or a delicious night at home. Pisa Lisa has something for everyone in the family not to mention sports on TV's, wonderful wines and beers - all in a hip casual environment at a convenient location. We look forward to your visit! Happy Hour: Sunday-Thursday 3-5PM.
“Delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Have had a second house here for years. Coming from Chicago, never impressed with Sedona pizza. That has now changed. Great favors on a fine thin crust. Service was good and Lisa always pops in from D&D and CR to insure quality. My only suggestion is to lose the elevated middle table and replace with two regular tables to increase seating. The ingredients, particularly the sausage was fantastic.

Visited August 2013

Sedona, Arizona, United States
“Great food and a great expereince”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

Even though we had read some questionable reviews on this new restaurant owned by Lisa Dahl (also the owner of Dahl and Diluca as well as Cucina Rustica), we were excited to try it out. Knowing Lisa's track record we discounted the earlier reviews as glitches that had to be worked out. I am glad we did. My wife and I went for lunch the other day and had a wonderful experience. The restaurant's atmosphere is modest but put together with really nice touches that make it very comfortable. We were pleasantly greeted by the host and our server did a really nice job meeting our needs and offering good suggestions.
We started with a glass of wine and then had the Tuscan tomato soup for an appetizer. It was tasty, homemade and very rustic. Served with crustini, we loved it. For our meal we shared a larger Extremo Salad and the Affumicado pizza. The salad was near perfect and sharing the large was the right size and saved us some money from ordering two small versions ( a suggestion by our server). The pizza was unusual (as we hoped). We had seen Lisa preparing one on her facebook page. It was smoked salmon, arugala, diced organic tomatoes with a balsamic reduction drizzled over it. This is served on a rustic flatbread. The freshness and taste were something very special. We finished things off with coffee and a cannoli ( my wife had the chocolate covered macaroon and is still talking about it). As for the cannoli, it was the second best I have ever had... as no one will ever top my mother's. Everything would have rated five stars, except that I really thought the prices were a little high 10%-20% higher than I would have liked. I would recommend trying it ( as I am known as a bit of a cheapskate). I will also return, but won't be able to go as often as I would like because of the prices.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mesa
“Loved it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

Delicious and unique pizza with fig jam! Also loved the lemon dressing on the caesar salad. we will definitely return

Visited July 2013
Sedona, Arizona
“Pretty good pizza but for a pretty big price!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

We ordered a Rosso pizza (Da Herbie) and a Bianco pizza (Funghi Decadente) so we could try both. My husband is a meat lover and Da Herbie was advertised as having "extra" sausage.
Even with that the meat was quite sparse - and I'm talking as his vegetarian wife! The Funghi Decadente was good, but nothing special. And...for $18 a pizza we should get "special!"
All in all not a good value - $60 for two drinks and two pizzas. Atmosphere was just ok. The outdoor dining is basically right on the road - noise and fumes. If you claim to be "decadent" then your customers are expecting something above and beyond and we didn't feel like the restaurant delivered the goods on that claim. Everything considered, when compared with the other gourmet pizza options in Sedona, Pisa Lisa falls short.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Lisa D, Owner at Pisa Lisa, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Dear DLA,
Thank you for visiting Pisa Lisa and your valuable feedback. Not having a "decadent" amount of sausage on the Herbie is unacceptable. We apologize. We strive to make your experience memorable by using the very best ingredients and unique combinations. We don't want to fall into the trap of being ordinary. All new restaurants have growing pains and we've experienced a few. We always want to exceed your expectations. Pisa Lisa is meant to be fun, vibrant and a departure from our fine dining restaurants. Please try us again and enjoy a great table inside - preview our menu online at PisaLisa.com to get your taste buds revved up. Thank you again - Lisa.
“Overrated”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

Just had the worst pizza I've had while living in Sedona ( 20 years ). Crust so thin you could see through it, Way too much salt, to the point I quit eating it. Pepperoni that was flavorless and a sauce that tasted like tomato soup.
Next time I want a great pizza I'll get a pan pan pizza from Domino's down the street for half the cost.
Btw, after a slice and a half, I threw the rest away.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Lisa D, Owner at Pisa Lisa, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Dear Lagoman,
We always want to hear from our guest and appreciate your time to do so. When our guests dine at Pisa Lisa we make every effort to stay on top of your time with us and to make sure your experience is great. Our pizza is a thin crust Neopolitan type pizza with gourmet toppings mostly all organic served hot from the wood fired pizza oven. Our meats and cheeses are the finest and imported from Italy, Spain and France. I don't think I've ever heard that my sauce - affectionally known as the "Mother Sauce" has been referred to as tomato soup. It could be that Dominos is your style of Pizza. We appreciate you giving our new baby a try.

Been to Pisa Lisa? Share your experiences!