“Excellent Sushi”

Dining options: Reservations
Pinetop-Lakeside, AZ
“Excellent Sushi”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I recently ate at Hiro's for an anniversary dinner with my husband and daughter. The sushi was excellent and the staff was very accomodating to my almost 3 year old daughter.

• Korean first
Atlanta, Georgia
“Number One sushi!”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

My husband and I love sushi and were thrilled to find Hiro's on our trip. Hiro's is genuine Japanese. We ordered edamame, seaweed salad, rainbow roll, salmon sashimi, salmon roe, and California roll, followed by Mango ice cream and green tea ice cream. Everything was delicious and tender. My California roll was the best I have ever had.

My husband had an Asahi beer and I had a glass of the Reisling and it was SOOO good!

Service was excellent and the staff was very friendly. Great place for couples, family or friends.

Grass Valley, California
“Perfect meal to end a perfect stay in Sedona!!”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Hiro's came highly recommended by locals that we met during our adventures in Sedona. What a treat to have top notch Sushi in Sedona!!! Awesome staff and food. A very welcoming restaurant. We sat at the Sushi bar and the Sushi chef was personable, attentive, a true artist, and the Sushi was fresh, tender - we could go on and on. A must visit while in Sedona!

Sedona, Arizona
“One of the Better Restaurant Choices in Sedona”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Hiro's is my #1 preference for food in Sedona. They do a really good job and their new smaller location on 89A by Kudos is more intimate and friendly than the old location @ the Hyatt Plaza. The food is well prepared, artistic, and delicious. The service is kind and attentive. Everyone makes you feel welcomed. I've spent the last two+ decades in and out of Sedona and for some reason the restaurant business there has always been challenged. I suppose it has more to do with the constantly transient population. People are awe struck by the red rocks, move there, for one reason or another, and quickly discover it is difficult to earn a living and actually live in Sedona for very long. The mystical nature of the environment soon wears off and reality sets in. The average pay scale in Sedona is only around $9/hr. Who can live on that in one of the highest cost towns in the entire country? So now you understand why restaurants in Sedona have their challenges. I've eaten at Hiro's many times and have never had a bad meal. Try some of their excellent appetizers [age dashi tofu, shrimp shumai, mussels]. The best value for your dollar is their Bonito Box which has an assortment of various foods to choose from. They also have great green tea or mango ice cream for desert. The only suggestion I have for this restaurant is that they BREW their hot tea and serve it in a Japanese tea pot rather than serving you one cup of hot water and a tea bag. Hiro's is open for lunch and dinner.

• Visited April 2013
“Very nice”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I guess you shouldn't expect great sushi in AZ but we knew we were headed for more Southwest cuisine so thought we'd get something different. The sushi was fine and the selection was good. The service was also very nice. It just wasn't anything special. That being said, I would not avoid it next time I was in Sedona. I'm just spoiled by West Coast sushi!

Visited March 2013