“Excellent fly fishing trip & instruction!!”

Sedona Fly Fishing Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: If you're looking for fishing in Sedona and Northern Arizona, look no further! We are the only locally owned and only permitted Fly Fishing Guide Service, by the National Forest Service, for Sedona's beautiful Oak Creek Canyon and Verde Valley. Also serving Chevelon Creek, and Silver Creek in the White Mountains. Enjoy a Red Rock filled adventure as you team up for great fishing and stories to tell the grand kids!
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I always wanted to learn to fly fish, and my choice for Sedona Fly Fishing Adventures turned out to be an excellent choice! Vic himself picked me up on time, provided all the materials I needed and gave an extensive 101 at the side of the Oak Creek. He showed me the basic technique of casting and then let me try a bit. Through his expert instructions & corrections I was able to cast within an hour or so, and managed to catch my first trout quickly after that. Vic then went on learning me alternative ways to cast, and let me use the different types of flies (dry and nymphs). Vic also took great pictures and made a video of me catching a trout. Great fun and an excellent base for more fly fishing. I went on to Grand Teton and caught a bunch of trout in the Snake River, all based upon his instruction. If you're looking for fly fishing instruction, look no further!! (And no, I'm not a stockholder in the company!;-)

2  Thank Bart0303
Brian M, Owner at Sedona Fly Fishing Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Hello again Bart!
I'm absolutely thrilled you did well in the Tetons! What a great part of the country huh?? You made it easy to teach. Almost like you had it in you already, you just needed a little coaching. Take what you learned and apply it at home. Fly fishing is a life long experience, make it your own and enjoy the ride! Thanks Bart...Victor

All reviews
"riffles"
"anglers"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We are a family of four, 2 of which are my daughters, ages 21 & 18. We had gone to Sedona for the first time in the summer of 2012 and done many of the typical tours and adventures. Both girls wanted to go back this summer and my wife and I agreed. We were all given an assignment to look for something different to do. My oldest daughter came back with the suggestion for Sedona Fly Fishing Adventures. We've all fished before but mostly from a boat with traditional tackle and none of us had ever fly fished. I contacted Victor and he explained that they would pick us up, provide all the necessary equipment and tackle and teach us to fly fish. We weren't intimidated as he assured us they could teach us the basics of fly fishing and because we wanted a different type of adventure this year. Victor and Paul truly enjoy what they are doing and it is their passion that gives a beginner like us some confidence before making the first cast. In fact my oldest daughter caught a fish on her first cast. They work very hard at making sure their guests enjoy themselves and if you are a beginner, then hopefully you will leave with enough of that passion to continue on your own. This was truly one of the most enjoyable adventures we've experienced as a family and we would not hesitate to book another adventure.

5  Thank Tony L

Hi Tony and Family!
This is what teaching is all about. What a wonderful family and a great experience to show you all together. Fishing is not just an activity, its a bond you share with others who appreciate the outdoors. Your family was a delight! Paul and I really enjoyed our time out on the creek together. Thanks again buddy..Victor

Reviewed May 18, 2013

We had a great day fly-fishing with Victor on Oak Creek. We fly-fish on a regular basis, but didn't have any idea what to expect in Sedona. We only had a couple of days before a conference down in Scottsdale. They provided everything we needed, picked us up, and when it was time to head back, Victor asked if we wanted to keep fishing! We immediately answered yes! It was very worthwhile to hire them for an enjoyable day on Oak Creek. Victor is knowledgeable, moved to several different spots, all with active fish. We would recommend Sedona Fly Fishing for a great day for both beginners and advanced fly-fishers.

2  Thank Mark C
Brian M, Owner at Sedona Fly Fishing Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Thanks Mark and Patti! Victor really enjoyed fishing with you two and the stories! Come back and see us next time! Take Care!

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Brian and Vic arrived on time to pick us up for our wonderful fly fishing adventure. My husband and I had been looking forward to learning how to fly fish, and we were excited to get the day rolling. They took us up the road to above the slide rock area of Oak Creek Canyon and to a nice little catch and release spot where we changed into the waders and boots that they provided. They gave us lessons on how to cast and then off to the water we went. Booom....fish on! I cant say enough good things about the two of them, both Brian and Vic were so attentive to us and were right there with encouraging words the whole time. No pressure or rushing, everything was calm, relaxed and enjoyable! We had some good laughs and the scenery was beautiful. We learned a lot and caught fly fishing fever. We give Sedona Fly Fishing Adventures four Thumbs up!!

2  Thank BetzKen

Hi Betz and Ken! We had a wonderful time and we enjoyed the stories and catching fish with you! Good luck and come back and see us again!