“Great Mountain Biking”

Sedona Destination Adventures- Day Tours
Ranked #62 of 93 Tours in Sedona
More attraction details
Owner description: Mountain Bike touirs through picturesque Sedona, AZ. Our local tour guides know the trails like the back of their hand and will offer you an experience that exceeds expectations. Tours leave from Trail Sports, 2875 W Hwy 89-A Sedona.
Reviewed July 16, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a week in Sedona. One of the highlights of our trip was the beginner mountain bike ride we took with Will. Sedona Destination Adventures was very accommodating to our fully-booked schedule, fitting us in on the one morning we had free. This ride was exactly what I think mountain biking to be. We rode around the base of Bell Rock, such a beautiful setting with a variety of trails. My husband and I have just started getting into mountain biking back home on the east coast, but we still consider ourselves beginners, so Will gave us some tips on how to handle some more technical terrain, and even took us on trails that he doesn't normally take beginners. I had such a blast! Will was a wonderful guide - he even took pictures of us with his phone during the ride, since we didn't bring a camera, and emailed them to us. I highly recommend a Sedona Destination Adventures tour during a trip to Sedona, whether you're there for a week or even just a day! They'll be sure to accommodate your schedule, your riding ability, and any requests you might have. People have asked me what was my favorite part of my trip, and I've told them that it was mountain biking. My husband and I will definitely be back!

2  Thank Kat C

Reviewed July 13, 2013

I recently went on a beginner's ride with Scott, and it was absolutely amazing! It started out rocky just because our appointment somehow did not make it in the books so no one showed up to give us our tour. We contacted the phone number, and Scott said he would be there immediately to take us out himself. He did not make excuses for what happened, but instead just apologized and let us know he would give us an adventure. I feel it speaks volumes when someone takes accountability for something that went wrong, and doesn't try to place blame or make up an excuse. Boy was he right, and it was totally worth the wait!

I have never mountain biked before, so I was a true beginner. Scott was sure to teach me how to use the bike, and even as far as how to pick the right helmet. We were able to ride through the trails at bell rock and it was breathtaking. It was a challenging ride for someone who doesn't ride often, but Scott was sure to go at my pace and encourage us when we were doing well or struggling. He also offered to take pictures for us throughout and led us up a short hike to get 360 degree views of Sedona. He led the way and showed us how to navigate the terrain effectively, and it was so much fun going over the rocks.

Tip - bring A LOT of water and wear sunscreen. Comfortable clothes and tennis shoes are perfectly fine. Bring your camera!

I also did the jeep tour the day before with another company, and after doing both of them in the same trip, I actually would recommend going on the bike tour with Scott because you are staying active, pushing yourself, and also being able to see the great scenery around you. This was an experience that I will not soon forget, and I already want to do again on my next trip to Sedona!

1  Thank DSweet10
Reviewed April 26, 2013

If you are visiting Sedona then a ride with Will (from Sedona Destination Adventures) is the way to see it. I took my wife and two girls (16 and 19) on the family ride and it was a great experience. I asked for a beginner ride but we were still able to cover terrain which varied from packed and rocky dirt to easy slick rock. This is a great way to cover distance and get up close to the geology. Only mild elevation gain and loss in a loop (figure eight) trail ride. Really fun and beautiful. Will Geurts (our guide) gave us some on the go training, history of the area, met us at the trail head with bikes that fit our heights, and picked the right ride for our abilities. He was up and positive which added to the fun and helped with some initial nervousness. We only had one day in Sedona and this was a great way to experience it. Well worth it. –Michael (4/26/2013)

Reviewed April 5, 2013

The most fun in Sedona. I would recommend this to anyone visiting the area, a great way to see the surrounding area and enjoy the local flavor.

1  Thank 69JimG
Reviewed March 31, 2013

My family and I (husband, 15 year old boy and 12 year old boy) took a beginner mountain biking tour with Will and Sedona Destination Adventure in March of 2013. Between the four of us we had little to no experience on a mountain bike. Will prepped us before we left, making sure we had the right fit for our bikes and helmets and explained what we would be doing that day. My younger son struggled in the beginning on the ride. With Will's patience and instruction (and a small adjustment to his bike), he settled in and enjoyed the rest of the ride.

Will took us on a beautiful trail near Bell Rock that was fun and challenging for beginners. He took time to stop for pictures and to share points of interest with us. He was also our professional photographer for the day.

It was a great ride with a great guide and my favorite part of our stay in Sedona. Thanks, Will!

2  Thank jarwez