“Absolutely Lovely in Every Way”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sedona
The Butterfly Garden Inn
Ranked #2 of 21 Specialty Lodging in Sedona
Reviewed April 28, 2014

My family of five (inc. kids aged 3, 6 and 9) stayed in the Sonoran Blue cabin no. 6, and traveled with another family of five (inc. kids aged 5, 9 and 12), who stayed in cabin no. 8, for a two day stay at the Butterfly Garden Inn after a three-day railway tour of the Grand Canyon. Spending time at the cabins and on the grounds of this lovely place was such a relaxing way to end our vacation. The weather fluctuated, but was nice enough to take advantage of the gas grills and eat outside both nights and make full use of the picnic tables, which seem to be a feature of every cabin on the premises. During our stay it was sunny and breezy, in the high 70's low 80's. At night the temps dropped to the high 30s and low 40s, so we loved the thermostat controlled fireplaces. On the day we checked out the weather plunged into the 30's, and it snowed! The cabins were exactly what I pictured and wanted: cozy, clean, comfortable, slightly rustic, very charming, no televisions and hardly any mobile service (there is free wifi, which works better the closer you get to the lobby and lounge). We spent most of one day across the road wading in the creek, and also spent some time in Sedona looking around. We otherwise took advantage of the playground and the decent selection of card and board games from the lounge. The proprietors are wonderful and friendly. My children are peanut and tree nut allergic, and I was super impressed with the way our hosts accommodated us. The really lovely breakfast basket we found outside our front door each morning was full of plentiful, carefully packaged, peanut and tree nut free homemade items. I can't imagine returning to Sedona and staying anywhere else. Highly recommend, particularly if you are looking for a cozy and personal resort alternative.

Room Tip: We were happy to get a cabin situated at the back of the property, away from the road, particularly...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Charmaine B

Reviewed April 22, 2014

My husband had driven thru area last year and had stopped at the little market there. The owners were so hospitable and the property so charming that my husband promised to come back when again in Arizona. We had the opportunity again to visit Sedona and our stay was the best part of our trip! A 1905 log cabin with luxury hotel style bed, Keurig etc. almost felt like I was back home in the Maine woods! In the am, they deliver a complimentary picnic basket to our porch with freshly baked muffins, homemade granola, fruit, juices! Perfect escape from the crowded tourism of Sedona. This is what a vacation should be!

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed April 9, 2014

It's a beautiful property right in the middle of Oak Creek Canyon. The cabins is really cozy and comfortable. It's surprisingly big (we stayed in Rosita Patch) and has everything you need. The gas fireplace which is controlled by the thermostat in the cabin provides a huge amount of warmth. The shower was nice and powerful and hot. The beds are extremely comfy. We stayed here with our 4 and 7 year old children and the outdoor play areas were awesome. Frank was really helpful and kind and gave us lots of good suggestions and we all loved the breakfast basket that was delivered every morning. We are gluten free and they made a huge effort to accommodate us and include delicious things for us to eat. This is a great place to stay to explore Oak Creek Canyon. Just be aware that it is about a 20 minute drive into Sedona and there is no restaurant on the property. There is a market with a good choice of essentials and an espresso machine.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank John-Paul F
Reviewed April 7, 2014

A group of 38 gals took over the Inn for the weekend and the Butterfly Garden Inn met and exceeded our expectations in so many ways! They helped organize our evening meals which is not a normal part of their business, provided some fire pits and got them approved by the local fire marshall, and gave us the space to be our normal, extravagant and happy group for our 30th Anniversary get-together. The cabins were great, breakfast delivered to our door every morning and helping with luggage distribution - it was all fabulous!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 4, 2014

I stayed in the Shy Yellow cabin a few days ago. I had the most wonderful experience. I called the morning of my stay to see if I could check in early (I was anxious to get out of town). Nicole offered to call me as soon as the cabin was available. I arrived in Sedona around 11am and received a call at 11:30 from Nicole letting me know that it was ready and I was welcome to come and settle in. It was so generous and I was very appreciative. The cabin was cozy, relaxing and hard to leave;) I loved my breakfast waiting for me in the morning, what a treat!!! Thank you to both of you for the hospitality and for the free newspaper on Monday night. I will be back and tell just enough people to keep you busy, but few enough that I can still book a cabin;) Cheers!!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank jingram2014
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for a weekend getaway. We had a great time and enjoyed our stay very much.

The owners are very nice and run a great Inn. We stayed in cabin #16. It was very cozy. The full kitchen was great. We had most meals at home. The morning breakfast basket was great. My wife doesn't eat eggs and we were given a vegan breakfast baked good with each basket. That was so thoughtful.

The grounds were quiet, located in Oak Creek Canyon, in the Coconino National Forest. We were very close to the very popular West Fork Trail head.

There is no TV in the cabin. There is a very weak and intermittent cell signal. There is decent Wi-Fi. That was plenty enough tech for us to fit the kind of weekend that we were planning.

It's a great place and we would easily come back if we return to Sedona.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ritesh B
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We spent 3 nights with our adult son and girlfriend in the Cabbage White cabin and it was wonderful! Cabin was cute, extremely clean, great beds, little kitchen, gas grill, all the comforts we needed. The Garrison's have renewed the historic Don Hoel Cabins without losing the charm. Addition of breakfast basket delivered to cabin each morning was a yummy treat, with personal touch! We have stayed at the old cabins over 2 decades and we are so grateful the resort is now open with modern improvements without loosing the old charm! Location is perfect, the grounds are beautiful, great retreat!

Room Tip: Cabin with a kitchen is fun. You can grill and enjoy property without going into the tourist areas t...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family