“Perfect stay!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sedona
The Butterfly Garden Inn
Ranked #2 of 21 Specialty Lodging in Sedona
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Fantastic Inn in one of the most beautiful places in the US. Great location, super friendly and attentive hosts, comfortable and cozy cabins. Very near West Fork hiking trail, 10 minute drive to central Sedona but also close to Flagstaff going up on 89-A. Perfect stay!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bruno68

Reviewed May 12, 2013

We had a wonderful four night stay at the Butterfly Garden Inn this spring. The location is beautiful and our hosts were excellent. Frank had great suggestions for hikes and eateries. We particularly liked being so close to many excellent hiking trails and away from the touristy madness that is Sedona. We stayed in one of the small historic cabins, Mary's Giant Skipper, which was charming. However, if we return we will be sure to book earlier so we can get a cabin with a full kitchen. Frank was very considerate and set us up with a grill, so we didn't have to eat out every night. The breakfast provided every morning was tasty and substantial. We were very pleased to find that while the cabins are in relatively close proximity to one another, our space felt very private. The trees were full of caterpillars on their way to becoming butterflies and it must be magical to be here when they are flitting about. Highly recommend this lovely spot!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CSBJ
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Let me preface by saying - I utilize TripAdvisor regularly to read reviews from others when making my trip planning choices- and this is the first review I have left. We stayed 2 nights (05/05/2013 & 05/06/2013) in the "Rosita Patch" - one of the Inn's 2 bedroom cabins. We chose the Butterfly Garden Inn primarily due to the location. My niece and hubby were celebrating their first anniversary, and this was their first visit to Arizona (from Gowrie, Iowa)...so, my husband and I wanted to give them a quick peek of our Northern Arizona jewels (Montezuma Castle, Montezuma Well, Sedona, Oak Creek Canyon, Flagstaff, the Grand Canyon, Jerome and Prescott). The Butterfly Garden Inn became our "base camp" and it is located in the heart of Oak Creek Canyon - about 10 miles north of the trendy town of Sedona and all of those lovely red rocks - the Inn is nestled amongst tall pine trees and is situated directly across the street from Oak Creek. There is NOTHING like the clean earthy smells of the forest and the creek - it was shear heaven! Our cabin was immaculate and our site hosts were so friendly and accommodating. Just when you think they have thought of everything to make your stay comfortable, you open your door in the morning, and there is your breakfast basket! There isn't enough space for my on-going praise of this facility. This is one of those jewels folks! You WILL NOT be disappointed with this one!

Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank AlwaysSeekingSun
Reviewed May 2, 2013

On our way through Sedona, AZ on a recent trip we stopped at the Butterfly Inn general store. The owner could not have been any nicer. Great selection of products. I fell in love with the organic green mint tea. I returned multiple times for more. While we didn't stay in one of their cabins, we discovered the place by accident, we would love to return ne day an actually stay here. I highly recommend people stop here.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rob N
Reviewed April 25, 2013

My beau and I spent five days here, in the Oak Creek Canyon, and absolutely, unequivocably, fell in love with the place! Frank and Nicole (and Gabby!) are superb, top-notch hosts. Their friendly care, easy rapport and welcoming spirit set the tone for us. We stayed in the Cuban Cresent cabin (the best one, I'm certain!) and things could not have been more perfect - cozy, comfortable, and wonderful nesting spot from which to launch out and explore the Canyon and surrounding Sedona area. One of the favourite things about the stay was the morning breakfast basket that was hung outside our door every morning at 7am -- incredibly delicious homemade pastries and breads and fresh fruit, and plenty of it! We loved those morning baskets. And! Be sure to go to the Market store to get your morning coffee. Frank (or Terri!) brew up a mean latte or Americano! Also very cool: they have a love-lock gate for couples who want to commemorate their stay at the BGI - we happily added ours, are delighted to be one of the first locks on the gate! This place is an awesome spot for a romantic getaway! We are definitely planning a trip back to stay -- looking to book during the monsoon season... we want to see the high waters flowing through the Canyon, and do alot more hiking! Cannot recommended the BGI - and Frank and Nicole! - highly enough. Thank you, Frank and Nicole!

Room Tip: If you're a couple who wants a romantic getaway, ask for the Cuban Crescent cabin. It's a c...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Caz T
Reviewed April 16, 2013

My husband and I stopped here to see how the renovation and the new owners had displayed this property. We were very impressed I must say! The pastries are fresh, the coffee and hot chocolate are worth the stop. The store comes with everything a camper may need but forgot: Organic foods, meats, firewood, fishing information, drinks of a major variety including single beers, souvenirs and postcards, beautiful torquoise jewelry.
The new owners are sincere and caring. I was able to see a room that was vacant from a distance and I must say it was decorated with eliquence and style.
A must stop for anyone driving through the oak creek canyon sightseeing or just to take a break and enjoy a warm cup of coffee and homemade pastry!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We were in Sedona last December. Family holidays: 3 teens and 4 adults. Our cabin, The Monarch, was perfectly cozy and warm. The morning surprises were the original breakfast delivered at the door. It was our joy to open it and discover what was hiding in the cute basket. We enjoyed also their little communal living room where teens found games while one was looking at his/her email. The owners are young and passionate lodgers, which is reflected in their services, and little touches here and there. It was a pleasure to be their guests and we, my husband and I, have decided to return again in April! It is our first time going back to the same place, a big sign of our satisfaction!

Room Tip: Each one has its particularity!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family