“Great Food, Elegant Atmosphere”
Review of The Heartline Cafe

The Heartline Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
The Heartline Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #64 of 195 Restaurants in Sedona
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mountain Shadow & Posse Ground
Description: *Late Evening Diners Please note we are open till (Close). Please call us for reservations for dining after 9:00 P.M. Mystical Sedona, the home of The Heartline Cafe for 20 years. During this time The Heartline Cafe has been serving award winning cuisine in its beautiful main dining room, Fireside room and the Patio amidst luscious gardens and a spectacular view of the Sedona"s world famous red rock mountains. The Heartline Cafe serves breakfast, and lunch at our unique Gourmet Market and dinner in our exquisite dining room. The Heartline Cafe features an extensive wine list including many spectacular local varieties. The wait staff is meticulously trained to provide superior service assuring a fine dining experience. The Heartline Cafe has recently been named the winner of three awards in a poll conducted by Market Surveys of America. We invite you to tour our web site for additional information and pictures of the restaurant and our food.
Sedona, Arizona
“Great Food, Elegant Atmosphere”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

A little pricey but very good food. Romantic, intimate and delicious. One of the best places in Sedona.

Visited September 2013

Plano, Texas
“Terrible coffee, wow.”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

We ate breakfast at 10 a.m. One staff member visible, dirty tables, obviously understaffed at this time. Food fine, coffee rancid.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank relaxedocd
HeartlineCafe, Public Relations Manager at The Heartline Cafe, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
I have reviewed your comments and would like to respond. I checked with the restaurant manager who told me that at no time was there only a single server at the time you visited the Heartline. There was 3 servers including the manager on duty. We are usually busy on a Saturday morning. Our coffee is freshly brewed every 20 minutes. We serve a lot of coffee which is an organic whole bean French roast blend. Perhaps, it was a little strong for your taste but in no way “rancid” as you state. There was no other complaints other than yours. Our coffee is purchased from the Roastery of Cave Creek. You can visit their web site. I believe the retail price is $18.per pound. I am pleased that you indicate the food was “fine”. It is our policy that if a guest is unhappy with any aspect of our food for any reason we will replace the item immediately, no questions asked. That policy is on the front page of our web site. If you like I would be happy to send you a certificate for complimentary breakfast for 2.
Mike Dawson
PR Director
heartlinecafe.com
Tucson, AZ
“Best meal in ages”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Heartline is always a must stop when in Sedona. This time we had dinner on a chilly, quiet night in early December. My husband loved his entree sized app-a salad Nicoise topped with a very rare tuna steak, just as requested. His pear squash soup, thick and flavorful, was a little sweet for my taste but just right for him. My goat cheese tart, worth the wait, made me sigh with pleasure-it was maybe seven inches of puff pastry filled with a rich and earthy goat cheese mousse, with roasted garlic and mushrooms. I could eat it every day. Next time I'll buy their cookbook for this recipe alone. The big revelation was our entree, Asian barbeque tuna steaks over jasmine rice and bok choy. The tuna was deliciously juicy, the bok choy with its soy, ginger and miso (?) glaze was spectacular, and I could have eaten an entire plate of the vegetable alone. Sounds like I need their cookbook for this recipe, too. As much as we wanted one (or two), we couldn't find room for dessert, and that doesn't happen to us often. Heartline Cafe has great service, a comfortable and attractive atmosphere, large portions, fair prices-and delicious food! We were completely happy with our visit, and we can't wait to get back to Sedona for another meal at Heartline!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank rcatesby
Phoenix, AZ
“Over-priced, OK service, OK food”
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Went for valentines day dinner at 9pm. Could be the place was busier than normal, but the service wasn't great. It was 10 minutes before someone came for our drink order. When they brought the rolls, which were warm but quite bland and tasteless, we still had no silverware or bread plates. I had the duck with the beet/fennel salad. The duck breast was cooked nicely, the leg I didn't try much of but it didn't look great and was a bit dry. The rice and veggies that accompanied the duck were cooked nicely but lacked flavor. The beet fennel salad was good, but the fennel was very dry and shriveled and while I asked for no Gorgonzola, it came on the salad anyway. Not impressed for the price. The patio was beautiful and warm though.

1 Thank AZDRE
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Rustic, Dog Friendly, Relaxed, but the food...”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

In a hurry to eat before our jeep tour, we stopped here for a quick bite before their lunch was over (3 pm). The atmosphere is rustic and earthy with a cute patio. I ordered the Torta Rustica with the black bean & corn salad and my boyfriend ordered the Philly Steak sandwich with the Potato Salad. I tried his and liked the Philly (boyfriend said that his Philly would have been better if they had used a Panini press on it) and potato salad, both were pretty good, as was the black bean & corn salad but the Torta Rustica really should be taken off the menu. Too many different meats made it greasy and overwhelming. The bread that it was baked in was way too heavy and too much of it soaked up the grease from the meat. I took half of it to go and eventually threw it in the trash because I didn't want that taste in my mouth again. Wish I had chosen something else.

• Visited February 2014

Been to The Heartline Cafe? Share your experiences!