“High Quality Sedona”
Review of The Heartline Cafe

The Heartline Cafe
Ranked #63 of 195 Restaurants in Sedona
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mountain Shadow & Posse Ground
Description: *Late Evening Diners Please note we are open till (Close). Please call us for reservations for dining after 9:00 P.M. Mystical Sedona, the home of The Heartline Cafe for 20 years. During this time The Heartline Cafe has been serving award winning cuisine in its beautiful main dining room, Fireside room and the Patio amidst luscious gardens and a spectacular view of the Sedona"s world famous red rock mountains. The Heartline Cafe serves breakfast, and lunch at our unique Gourmet Market and dinner in our exquisite dining room. The Heartline Cafe features an extensive wine list including many spectacular local varieties. The wait staff is meticulously trained to provide superior service assuring a fine dining experience. The Heartline Cafe has recently been named the winner of three awards in a poll conducted by Market Surveys of America. We invite you to tour our web site for additional information and pictures of the restaurant and our food.
Sedona, Arizona
“High Quality Sedona”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

The dinner entrees here are excellent. Rack of lamb, pecan crusted trout, wild salmon were all superb, Try the warm cabbage with chèvre appetizer. Other appetizers also looked wonderful. Two complaints: the wine my wife ordered turned out to be awful and when I tasted it I told the waiter so. He initially refused to change it. Only when I made more of a fuss did he relent. Second, we had a party of six which automatically meant gratuity of 20% (not the 18% typical of most places). But the tip was figured on the total bill PLUS the tax. I have to give a tip on the tax? That's not kosher.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Mark E

New York City, New York
“Our favorite restaurant in Sedona”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Gourmet, tasteful cuisine. We particularly liked the trout and pecan crusted chicken. Be sure to have the heavenly poached pear for dessert - it's very decadent and delicious.

Saskatchewan, Canada
“Hidden Desert Treasure”
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

We stopped by at super time on New Years Eve. Not a good idea - make a reservation. They were able to accommodate us by seating us at the bar. David was our waiter and he was superb. He described the items we questioned him about, made suggestions and made the best darn Prickly Pear Margarita I have ever tasted. Best service we received in Sedona. Daughter had the tofu dish which she thoroughly enjoyed. The husband and I had their signature dish "Pecan Crusted Trout". There is a good reason why people come from around the world to try this dish. The trout comes from a local fish farm and it was cooked perfectly. We ran into the owner "Phyllis" in the parking lot on our way into the restaurant. She was very friendly and invited us back for breakfast and lunch. We had such a great time we actually did return the next day for lunch. Kobe burger, veggie burger and lemon stuffed french toast is what we ordered. Every meal was great and special. Nothing ordinary here! They also have great cookbook for sale. If you are in Sedona - you must eat here.

Sun City West, Arizona
“Exceptional Trout”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

My wife, Carol, and I ate at The Heartline Café during our Christmas vacation in Sedona. Carol said it was the best trout she had ever eaten. The staff made us it home since we got the restaurant before the 5 PM opening. Carol had the chief sign the Heartline Cookbook. This is a cozy local Sedona restaurant known to all the residents. Be sure to eat here.

• Visited December 2013
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Just Average”
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

The restaurant received a number of great reviews and the food looked great on Sedona TV, so we tried it for Lunch on our first day in town.

Service was slow, they only had whole milk for the Latte I ordered and my wife's Chai latte tasted very strange - I think the soy milk was bad.

My wife got the southwest wrap and I got the BLTPlus (which is a caprese-style BLT).

Hers was very bland and the bacon on my BLTPlus had all the flavor burnt out of it.

I judged most restaurants based on if I could make something better/more flavorful at home. In this case I definitely could have.

All in all, I couldn't recommend for lunch - though the dinners might be better, based on other reviews.

1 Thank Keveler
HeartlineCafe, Public Relations Manager at The Heartline Cafe, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Kevin

We regret your disappointing visit to the Heartline, Your review concerns us because it complains of several issues. You state that service was slow. Could you please let me know your servers name if you can. Was there a particular point in the service delivery where you felt it could have been faster?
Your review states that the BLT+ was bland and the bacon was “burnt”. That sandwich is comprised of 9 grain toast, homemade basil mayonnaise, buffalo mozzarella, and applewood smoked bacon. We serve the bacon crisp because after 23 years in business we find our guests do not enjoy fatty “diner style” bacon. The SW Wrap consists of scrambled eggs, jack cheese, tomatoes, potatoes, spinach, onions and roasted peppers. I find it hard to understand how this sandwich could be “bland”. Additionally, a side of salsa comes with the dish and we have several varieties of hot sauce available if asked. If you had any issue at all your server should have been informed and we would have changed anything you wanted to satisfy you as our guaranty points out on the front page of our website (heartlinecafe.com).
Our dairy is delivered daily 7 days a week. This includes soy products. We sell out of those items every day.
We value all comments from our guests so we can learn from them. Unfortunately, your review does not help us to accomplish that goal and perhaps is a bit mean spirited.

Michael Dawson
PR director

Been to The Heartline Cafe? Share your experiences!