“Hidden Desert Treasure”
Review of The Heartline Cafe

The Heartline Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
The Heartline Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #64 of 199 Restaurants in Sedona
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mountain Shadow & Posse Ground
Description: *Late Evening Diners Please note we are open till (Close). Please call us for reservations for dining after 9:00 P.M. Mystical Sedona, the home of The Heartline Cafe for 20 years. During this time The Heartline Cafe has been serving award winning cuisine in its beautiful main dining room, Fireside room and the Patio amidst luscious gardens and a spectacular view of the Sedona"s world famous red rock mountains. The Heartline Cafe serves breakfast, and lunch at our unique Gourmet Market and dinner in our exquisite dining room. The Heartline Cafe features an extensive wine list including many spectacular local varieties. The wait staff is meticulously trained to provide superior service assuring a fine dining experience. The Heartline Cafe has recently been named the winner of three awards in a poll conducted by Market Surveys of America. We invite you to tour our web site for additional information and pictures of the restaurant and our food.
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We stopped by at super time on New Years Eve. Not a good idea - make a reservation. They were able to accommodate us by seating us at the bar. David was our waiter and he was superb. He described the items we questioned him about, made suggestions and made the best darn Prickly Pear Margarita I have ever tasted. Best service we received in Sedona. Daughter had the tofu dish which she thoroughly enjoyed. The husband and I had their signature dish "Pecan Crusted Trout". There is a good reason why people come from around the world to try this dish. The trout comes from a local fish farm and it was cooked perfectly. We ran into the owner "Phyllis" in the parking lot on our way into the restaurant. She was very friendly and invited us back for breakfast and lunch. We had such a great time we actually did return the next day for lunch. Kobe burger, veggie burger and lemon stuffed french toast is what we ordered. Every meal was great and special. Nothing ordinary here! They also have great cookbook for sale. If you are in Sedona - you must eat here.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

My wife, Carol, and I ate at The Heartline Café during our Christmas vacation in Sedona. Carol said it was the best trout she had ever eaten. The staff made us it home since we got the restaurant before the 5 PM opening. Carol had the chief sign the Heartline Cookbook. This is a cozy local Sedona restaurant known to all the residents. Be sure to eat here.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

The restaurant received a number of great reviews and the food looked great on Sedona TV, so we tried it for Lunch on our first day in town.

Service was slow, they only had whole milk for the Latte I ordered and my wife's Chai latte tasted very strange - I think the soy milk was bad.

My wife got the southwest wrap and I got the BLTPlus (which is a caprese-style BLT).

Hers was very bland and the bacon on my BLTPlus had all the flavor burnt out of it.

I judged most restaurants based on if I could make something better/more flavorful at home. In this case I definitely could have.

All in all, I couldn't recommend for lunch - though the dinners might be better, based on other reviews.

1  Thank KevinNFK
HeartlineCafe, Public Relations Manager at The Heartline Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Kevin

We regret your disappointing visit to the Heartline, Your review concerns us because it complains of several issues. You state that service was slow. Could you please let me know your servers name if you can. Was there a particular point in the service delivery where you felt it could have been faster?
Your review states that the BLT+ was bland and the bacon was “burnt”. That sandwich is comprised of 9 grain toast, homemade basil mayonnaise, buffalo mozzarella, and applewood smoked bacon. We serve the bacon crisp because after 23 years in business we find our guests do not enjoy fatty “diner style” bacon. The SW Wrap consists of scrambled eggs, jack cheese, tomatoes, potatoes, spinach, onions and roasted peppers. I find it hard to understand how this sandwich could be “bland”. Additionally, a side of salsa comes with the dish and we have several varieties of hot sauce available if asked. If you had any issue at all your server should have been informed and we would have changed anything you wanted to satisfy you as our guaranty points out on the front page of our website (heartlinecafe.com).
Our dairy is delivered daily 7 days a week. This includes soy products. We sell out of those items every day.
We value all comments from our guests so we can learn from them. Unfortunately, your review does not help us to accomplish that goal and perhaps is a bit mean spirited.

Michael Dawson
PR director

Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner here. The flavor combinations were unique and fantastic. We had the butternut squash and pear soup which was beyond delicious. The red cabbage and goat cheese with roasted hazelnuts was also amazing. Our entrees were fabulous- walleye with fennel and spinach in achiote and tuna with Asian BBQ sauce. The flour less chocolate torte for dessert was the grand finale. Drinks were perfect, too. Great service.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

Food was wonderful, and they were so generous with the gift certificate we'll go back! thanks so much.

Been to The Heartline Cafe? Share your experiences!