“Very Good Food, but Extremely Loud”

PJ's Village Pub & Sports Lounge
Ranked #42 of 211 Restaurants in Sedona
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Located in the heart of the Village of Oak Creek, PJ's has always been known for it's laid back atmosphere and delicious food. Good food, great drinks all at reasonable prices for our regulars and our guests. Different specials vary throughout the days, as well as live music. We offer almost all the sports packages available, so if your looking for a place to kick back and catch your favorite team, PJ's is the place to be!
Reviewed July 29, 2018 via mobile

We visited this restaurant and bar because of a recommendation from a store owner. They were right in saying that the food was delicious, but the place is extremely loud, not with music or tv’s, but loud talking. The service was great and the prices were reasonable. It isn’t actually located in Sedona, but Walnut Creek off of highway 179, which is south of Sedona, but the drive is spectacular.

Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

While staying at the Hilton Bell Rock I was looking for a place to have some drinks and food with my 22 yr old son. PJ's was in walking distance and looked fun. We went are 5:30 on a Friday. The place was pretty full but we found a table top by the juke box. Service was very good and the food was also good. Numerous drink specials and food selection of beers. We had the wings and I had the ribs. My son had some shrimp dish. He enjoyed it too. Not a knock on the place but at 54 I think I was the 2nd youngest person in the place. My son is 22 :-) I was also a bit bummed that there was no music. I paid for 12 songs in the jukebox but hate that when it ended no one else fed it. Takes away from the atmosphere. I think the crowd may change after 9 as they were going to have karaoke. We just couldn't stay that long. :-)

Reviewed July 9, 2018

I am impressed by PJ's. Other sports bars I've been to have never delivered the type of service I received here. The food tasted great (carne asada tacos) and draft beer served in a cold frosty. I did not see one worker being lazy. Normally there will be employees talking amongst one another or with patrons or looking at their phone. The bartender was on his toes and wait staff were constantly busy cleaning, replenishing ice or taking dishes to/from the kitchen.

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

I stopped for a beer and a bite.
Donavin was a very good server. I enjoyed an appetizer of Jalapeno poppers. They were delivered piping hot. Big and juicy with a modest amount of heat.
Also enjoyed the Boomer Burger. Wow! A mouthful of burger goodness.

This is a locals joint, with bar food, but exceeding expectations with fine dining type of entrees too. The only thing missing is a white tablecloth!

A don't miss place!

1  Thank mayorow
Reviewed June 26, 2018

We ended up going here three times. The staff were great and very friendly. The decor is pretty cool and there are TVs for sports, darts, pool tables, and a juke box. They have live music regularly which is good too.

The menu is as you'd expect but I really liked the fact you can have any of the 'burgers' with a veggie patty instead of beef if you wish. Everything we had was really tasty, and freshly cooked. Highly recommend!

Date of visit: June 2018

Been to PJ's Village Pub & Sports Lounge? Share your experiences!