All reviewsfire pithonor systemrecommend elsteve conniegovernor's suitehonor bargreat roomarts craftstlaquepaque shopping areawelcome basketdog friendly hotelsteam showergrand canyonsmall hotelprivate patioother guestseach evening
Reviewed March 7, 2010

My wife and I, along with our ten month old son, ended up on a West Coast adventure due to the crazy winter storms that made their way through the DC area in February. We had been in San Diego and decided to "Hit the Road" once we knew we wouldn't be making it back East anytime soon.

I'm still not sure how we ended up in Sedona, but we are so grateful to have found El Portal and to have met the proprietors Steve and Connie. El Portal is just what you are looking for in a beautiful place like Sedona, quiet, comfort, and luxury. We arrived relatively unannounced. The staff jumped right in to take care of us and make sure we had what we needed for our son, making extra accommodations for us and by offering a spectacular suite (thanks again Steve!).

I would highly recommend El Portal, everything is just right, the building, the decor, the furniture, you name it and it was a spectacular. It's also worth noting that in addition to the great food, personal attention, and the overwhelming feeling of being "welcome," the location is right in the heart of Sedona.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 2, 2010

As a former employee of a respected boutique hotel, I only have the highest praises for El Portal. My girlfriend and I loved how our room made us feel spoiled. The room was such a relaxing diversion to the point we did not want to leave and go outdoor Sedona exploreing. The extended library of DVD's available to guest didn't hurt. The staff made us feel right at home, treating us as if we were part of the family. The best part was being able to unwind my day seated outside near the wood burning fire outside. El Portal is the true Sedona get away.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
ElPortalSedona, Innkeeper/Manager at El Portal Sedona Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2010

Dear Zen-Diego,

I just lit the campfire in the Courtyard and thought of your nice reivew for El Portal. It is such a treat to have guests come and stay with us and you are right, we do consider our guests like family. We are pleased to offer a place where you can come and relax and have a home away from home in Sedona.
We hope to see you again real soon. Warmest Regards, Heather at El Portal Sedona

Reviewed February 19, 2010

A must stay. My husband and I and our 10 month old son spent 2 nights here. El Portal is a very relaxing, comfortable inn, located right in the heart of Sedona, steps away from shopping, restaurants and art galleries. The owners and staff were VERY nice and accommodating. With only 12 rooms, you have a sense of home rather than hotel. The rooms are done so well - each with it's own fee - comfortable and spacious. I highly recommend it!!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 26, 2010

More than wonderful. Rustic and with a very warm and personal environment.

Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 24, 2010

The El Portal is not just for any type of traveler. This Inn is for those people that appreciate fine detail and mezmorizing settings. Upon arrival it is like walking back in time ... but not in an old sort of broken down way, but to a time not so far past ... where a traveler could dust off his boots and feel like he had come home. Or perhaps a Hollywood Star from the 1930's driving up from California could have a weekend hide away hidden from the cameras. Its a feeling of log cabin mixed with Arts and Craft bungalo ... think 1930's - 40's Old West ... the days of Howard Huges and cowboy motion picture! Seriously, just go to the website and you'lll have a glimpse of what to expect. The Inn Keeper is a bit quirky ... his knowledge of things present and past is quite entertaining. The genuine kindness of all the staff is very welcoming.
I would not stay any other place in Sedona ... the El Portal is my new favorite spot!

Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple