My husband and I stayed at El Portal for our anniversary (with our 3 month old baby) mid May.
Top aspects about El Portal:
- Rooms are amazing! We stayed in room 11, but were able to view a few of the others. All of them were unique and decorated in an amazing way (old indian rugs, decorative furniture, unique art, interesting vaulted ceilings, etc). Our room had an awesome balcony area overlooking the courtyard area. very quiet, peaceful, and relaxing.
- LOCATION! located right in the Tlaquepaque Village it is within walking distance to those shops and places to eat. Even the shops in the main part of town are within a short walk.
- Snacks are set out by the staff in the evening (chips, cheese, salsa, tortillas, etc)
- Large DVD movie selection on a hallway book case upstairs for viewing in your room.
- Beautiful courtyard with tables/chairs, nightly fire pit, vines and flowers
- Friendly staff.
- small bed and breakfast feel
- We didn't have a dog, but the El Portal is very dog friendly
- no pool or hot tub (if that is what you're looking for)
- service with breakfast could have been a little better, but the food was tasty. We were in no hurry so it didn't bother us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El Portal Sedona Hotel is a AAA Four Diamond boutique hotel in the heart of Sedona; a pet friendly hotel with no pet fees, offering unpretentious luxury! Nowhere else in Sedona will you find a luxury inn or hotel with 18-inch thick adobe walls - walls that provide both quiet and history. It's an architectural masterpiece, and one of the finest hotels in Sedona. Twelve spacious rooms have been created in accordance with the simplicity and function of turn-of-the-century architecture. El Portal is a luxurious twelve suite, pet friendly Sedona hotel. Each guest suite includes a private entrance, patio/balcony, fireplace, whirlpool bath, entertainment center and DVD, WiFi, telephone, hair dryer, mini-fridge, safes, and more! Experience the dramatic views, relax in our romantic courtyard, shop the gift shops and galleries of the renowned Tlaquepaque Arts and Crafts Village, or hike the red rocks. Guests at this El Portal have access to uniquely personalized concierge services for the Sedona area. Book a trip to Sedona and stay with us at El Portal Sedona Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your El Portal Sedona Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.