“Sedona's Hot Spot”

Sound Bites Grill
Ranked #18 of 197 Restaurants in Sedona
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Amazing Sedona Views, Sedona's Best Nightlife, Serving all natural hand cut Steaks, Fresh Fish and Organic products. Late Night Dining Friday & Saturday, Daily Happy Hour 4-6pm and Wednesday Wine Tasting 5-7pm.
West Sedona, Arizona, United States
“Sedona's Hot Spot”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Once again I was impressed with the delicious food and awesome atmosphere of this great place that locals and visitors can count on for quality food and beautiful atmosphere.. Just last night I dined , danced and was entertained, in one of the few restaurants in Sedona that offers a outdoor or indoor dinning experience, with an spectacular view. The menu is varied and has many fresh, organic choices. I love the fact that I can go casual or dressy and eat in the cafe area or dine in the entertainment area and always feel I have had a" night out on the town." II have become a regular, as I have never had a meal that was nothing less than fantastic.. .

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Sherry T

“Terrible”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We are locals in Sedona and live just around the corner so when this place opened we were excited we could have a nice place to walk too. This is not the case.... We have tried it a half dozen times and each time it was horrible. The service is horrible... The menu un interesting and the hostesses and management staff act as if they are doing you a favor. Every time we had a bad experience but kept giving it the benefit if doubt. Don't waste your time or money....processed food with an uppity staff! The locals don't eat here just the tourists so unfortunately they are unaware

• Visited May 2013
6 Thank Earthskyheart
“Worst place in Sedona!”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Soon after Sound Bites opened I went in, asked for a table where I could view the musician. Ten minutes later they directed me to a table around a corner, where the musician was not viewable. I reminded the hostess that I wanted to sit where i could view the entertainment with my meal. I was told, rather peremptorily, that I could sit on a cushion on the floor! I explained that I was intending to order a meal, and sitting on a cushion/stool simply would not do. The hostess was called away, left me standing there and never returned. I finally walked out. I did post what had happened on the Sound Bites Facebook page, but never got so much as an apology.

• Visited September 2012
7 Thank Jade Wah'oo G
4upink13, Owner at Sound Bites Grill, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
With all the great seating and a view of the stage from 90% of the dining room I invite you to see the amazing new remodel. You visited almost a year ago and really need to try it again if you like eating and watching live music in a very unique venue.
Sedona, Arizona
“Restaurant Nightmare!”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I wrote a 1star review on Trip Advisor, after I brought a party of 9 to Sound Bites Grill, was promised a table by the manager and, 2 1/2 hours later, still hadn't been seated o.
(we had to go to the bar at the front of the restaurant to get appetizers and drinks.)
It was by no means busy, and when I asked the manager what happened, he did not apologize, but rather acted like it was our fault that he had failed to seat us!
The following week, I was told by an employee of the establishment that the owner wanted my information so that she could contact me herself, offer me a discount card, and ask me to give them another chance. I provided my info, but never heard from her.
Regrettably, I returned...I was at Wild Flower (in the same shopping center) and my friends who were already at Sound Bites, begged me to come and join them. Once there, I was approached by the manager, who tried to coerce me into taking the review down. I let him know that if the owner contacted me like she had apparently intended, I would take the review down. He said, "That's not how we do business."
NO...how they "do business" is to threaten to "86" me if I do not take down the review...and...that is exactly what they did.
The manager called me, on July 1st and let me know that I am no longer welcome at their establishment because, "I am not a fan."
At this point, I would not return, but I am just amazed that a business, in a small town like Sedona, can function in such a way. Prior to this event, I had referred quite a bit of business to this establishment (I manage a busy, well-established boutique Uptown that caters to tourists, and has a total of three separate Sedona locations). In the 17 years that I have lived here, I have never been treated in such a way.

• Visited June 2013
9 Thank Fyre F
Sedona, Arizona
“Best Time Ever in Sedona”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Four of us locals went for the dinner show on 7/14/2013. While everyone enjoyed their meal and the great service - the highlight of the evening was the entertainment. "The Arizona Trio" is a must see if you ever get the chance. As good as most Las Vegas shows. We will definitely try to catch them again someplace.

• Visited July 2013

Been to Sound Bites Grill? Share your experiences!