“Good food, interesting experience”
Review of Sound Bites Grill

Sound Bites Grill
Ranked #16 of 199 Restaurants in Sedona
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Amazing Sedona Views, Sedona's Best Nightlife, Serving all natural hand cut Steaks, Fresh Fish and Organic products. Late Night Dining Friday & Saturday, Daily Happy Hour 4-6pm and Wednesday Wine Tasting 5-7pm.
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We went to Sound Bites twice while in Sedona for 4 days, and had good food both times. The interesting thing about this place is the people it attracts! My husband and I are in our late 30s, and we were the youngest people there--by half! Maybe I exaggerate a little, but it was rather odd that there were not younger people in the room! We didn't mind it at all, just found it to be an interesting observation. The Ahi is amazing, as are the seafood nachos.

My critique of this place comes as a reminder to the staff that they should never assume. I ordered a prosecco, and when the server delivered it, he had opened and poured the beverage before telling me that they were out of prosecco and he was pouring me Spanish Cava. He assumed I would be fine with the swap, but as a prosecco snob, I certainly was not.

Great little restaurant though, we will come back.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

In short, we loved everything about our visit to Sound Bites. We have eaten here previously under a different name, and came back for the view from the balcony with no expectations that the food and service would match the outdoors. Not only were both great, they were exceptional. Their chef does an amazing job with fresh ingredients and inventive combinations. And our server, Lilly, was a gem herself.

If you want outdoor seating, make sure you go at a slower time or make reservations. We got there early and got wonderful deep chairs at the railing, with a propane heater to fight off the windy chill. We lingered longer than we planned to, just to appreciate the views and our bottle of wine. Yes, we'll definitely be back!

Reviewed May 8, 2013

We looked online to find some place with outside dining and we found sound bites. : ) We waited a couples minutes to get a seat. They offered us the bar seating outside but when we looked at it it seemed kinda tight and there would be people sitting right next to us. So we passed. We got a little table in the corner outside. It was a little strange because the chairs are kinda low to the ground and my husband was way across the table from me. It felt like everyone but HIM could hear what I was saying. I was closer to the lady sitting at the next table then I was to my husband. The chairs are like patio chairs, I could barely reach the table they are so low. I felt like I needed a booster seat! So we asked to move to the bar which was all of the sudden empty. They let us move. We had great steaks that took a while to prepare (there is even a disclaimer on the menu that it takes 15 minutes or so) And the steaks came out and they were perfect. : ) The bar stools at the bar were a little tall but I guess they had to be because the bar was tall as well.
Service was great. I would go back in a heartbeat. : )
Oh- and they had live music but we couldn't hear it because we chose to sit outside. : )

1  Thank misschristina
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Reasonable wine prices, live music, great food, decent service, amazing views. What's not to like. We went one night, liked it so much, went back the second night.

Music was not over powering. Easy to carry on a conversation.

Southwest salad and roast chicken were top notch.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

We wish we ate here sooner than later. We ate here on the 5th and last night of our stay in Beautiful Sedona. The food was fresh, prepared and presented wonderfully. I shared the salmon with my daughter and the portion size was perfect. The cucumber-basil salad was refreshing, The server was Barbara and she was so attentive to us. We really enjoyed our dinner even more with her smile and sunny disposition! My husband enjoyed the Thai lettuce wraps with chicken, and his hamburger. We shared the apple pie ala mode. Barbara was so cute when she invited us to 'go ahead and lick the plate'. Not one of us could find a problem here at all!
We would have liked to sit out on the patio, but we could not due to the severe winds around Sedona that day. We were not totally disappointed because the ambiance, lighting and style of the room was lovely. We sat at a table near the bar, and could see the singer on a monitor screen. We heard him, but could not directly see him so this was a nice touch.
We were told that the Sound Bites Grill opened last summer. We wish them a long and profitable success in the Sedona area. If we are to visit Sedona again, you can be sure this will be our first stop for our dining pleasure!
Love the name of the Grill. Obviously, there was a lot of thought and care put into this place!
We are from NY, and are used to fine dining. Thank you for this Gem here in Sedona.<3

1  Thank Donna K

Been to Sound Bites Grill? Share your experiences!