“Amazing Experience”

Amitabha Stupa & Peace Park
Ranked #13 of 155 things to do in Sedona
More attraction details
Owner description: Sedona, Arizona, about halfway between Phoenix and the Grand Canyon, is a must-visit place for spiritual seekers the world over. Since 2004, such visitors have been flocking to Sedona’s Amitabha Stupa. (Some call it Sedona’s newest vortex.) Sitting majestically among the pinion and juniper pines, and surrounded by a landscape of stunning crimson spires, it is a jewel to behold. Visit Sedona’s Amitabha StupaOn any given day, dozens of visitors trek up the short winding trails to the 36 foot Amitabha Stupa and the smaller Tara Stupa for prayer, meditation, healing, and the experience of peace in a sacred place. The Amitabha Stupa is open every day from dawn until dusk and your visit is free of charge. (Of course, donations to support the stupa are gratefully accepted.)
Scottsdale, Arizona
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“Amazing Experience”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Don't miss the opportunity to experience the beauty, serenity and peacefulness of this place. I went mid-morning on a Sunday. You can drive up the road when the gate is open to the parking area. The Fall air was crisp and cool and the sky was incredibly blue and the prayer flags were gently blowing in the breeze. There were three other people there, but it was so quiet. Everyone is respectful of why the other person is there. Spent some time in meditation and I did walk around the stupa three times. It is truly awe-inspiring just to spend some time there. Don't be in a hurry. Relax and enjoy. I met a young man named Christian there,who introduced himself to me. He was traveling from Illinois and I was guided to give him one of my mala bead prayer bracelets that I wear all the time? Don't know why, it just felt right. This will now be a "must" for me EVERY time I visit Sedona. You can bring small gifts of flowers, stones, crystals, etc. if you like, to leave at the base of the stupa.

Visited November 2013

• Korean first
Phoenix, Arizona
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“An Experience You Won't Forget!”
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

I read about this place and all about the meaning of the Stupa prior to visiting. I wasn't sure what to expect, but was in awe at how peaceful and beautiful it was. We arrived around 9:00am and we were the only ones there, which made the experience all the more memorable! We walked clockwise around both the small and large Stupa 3 times as we made our wishes and spent time meditating. I highly recommend a visit - if for nothin else, to embrace something different and expand your mind. You won't regret it!

1 Thank Heidi L
Tucson, AZ
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“The definition of serenity”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I have been to plenty of Buddhist sites in this world, and this is certainly one of the most remarkable ones for its solitude and unearthliness.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank AZWahoo
Savannah, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Peaceful and Beautiful”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

This was probably my favorite place to go and just absorb the beautiful healing energy of Sedona. The walk up to the Stupa was lined with prayer flags, bird feeders, watering stations for pets, and you could tell it was maintained well by those who are responsible for the upkeep. We had the pleasure of meeting a few other fellow tourist and some of the locals that were having an open meditation, and after instruments of all sorts were brought out. What an amazing experience. Thank you to all that made it so.

Visited October 2013
3 Thank Kellie C
Ventnor City, New Jersey
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Must see”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

This is an easy hike for all levels. What you find in a short distance is both awe inspiring and deeply spiritual. I was moved to tears at my amazement that I have been wanting to go to Tibet and Bhutan to experience something that was right here in Sedona.

Visited August 2013