“Serene and Peaceful”

Amitabha Stupa & Peace Park
Ranked #11 of 158 things to do in Sedona
More attraction details
Owner description: Sedona, Arizona, about halfway between Phoenix and the Grand Canyon, is a must-visit place for spiritual seekers the world over. Since 2004, such visitors have been flocking to Sedona’s Amitabha Stupa. (Some call it Sedona’s newest vortex.) Sitting majestically among the pinion and juniper pines, and surrounded by a landscape of stunning crimson spires, it is a jewel to behold. Visit Sedona’s Amitabha StupaOn any given day, dozens of visitors trek up the short winding trails to the 36 foot Amitabha Stupa and the smaller Tara Stupa for prayer, meditation, healing, and the experience of peace in a sacred place. The Amitabha Stupa is open every day from dawn until dusk and your visit is free of charge. (Of course, donations to support the stupa are gratefully accepted.)
Los Angeles, California
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Serene and Peaceful”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

After spending the day hiking the red rocks and waiting in traffic (during Labor Day weekend), we decided to check out the peace park. We followed the directions on our navigation system, but ended up in a residential area overlooking Chimney rock. We decided to park in the hiking trail parking lot north of the destination address, and immediately noticed a gold structure in the distance. We ended up hiking south-west from the parking lot to the park, and were quite amazed at what we found!

The place definitely has a mystical feeling and quality about it. Even as a non-Buddhist, I was able to appreciate the message and symbols in the park. The seclusion and surrounding scenery added to the overall experience!

It's definitely worth checking out, especially if you are looking for something different and unique. My only suggestion is tip is to not give up if don't see it at the address. Just look for the tip of the structure ... it should be poking up from the foliage!

Visited September 2013
3 Thank TripAstute

• Korean first
Wallingford, Pennsylvania
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A very spiritual place, go and feel the calm beauty!”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Make the pilgrimage to this site and walk three circles around the stupa. Join millions of others who have sent prayers for the planet .

2 Thank smitrovich01
Cochrane, Canada
81 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 201 helpful votes
“Peace & Serenity”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We visited here in June 2013. The peace and serenity was overwhelming. Very calm and very still. Really enjoyed the spiritual feeling and came away relaxed.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Hutch333id
Herndon VA
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Amazing place ..”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

After visiting the SW canyons and National parks, my husband and I wanted to do something different when we arrived to Sedona, definitely not another rock viewing tour! And I found this place on the internet and decided to visit. As a Buddhist, I feel bless every time I get a chance to visit a place like this no matter where I go. The park meets its intention for everyone, not just Buddhists, the prayer flags were everywhere, you can feel peace and prayers all around. I wish there was a place in front of Stupa for people of all faith to kneel and pray. I agree with other reviewers, this is not a touristy place, pls be respectful of nature and others that are there seeking some peace.

4 Thank pannwah
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Sedona's quiet gem”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

During my stay in Sedona I visited this park often, for contemplation and a place to be quiet.
The trail is easy to the Stupa area, the setting is magical. Well worth seeking out.

2 Thank smlizotte