“Great for family & friends”

The Red Agave Resort
Ranked #6 of 20 Specialty Lodging in Sedona
Palm Beach, Florida
“Great for family & friends”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We brought our boys here for the weekend after Thanksgiving for some hiking and mountain biking and had a great time. The views from the resort are spectacular and it's situated right next to a trailhead so it makes hiking and biking a snap. Since they're associated with Bike & Bean it made renting a bike easy too (plus a 10% discount to guests). We'll be back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Cassie B, Owner at The Red Agave Resort, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
We are so glad that you and your boys enjoyed your stay at the Red Agave. Thank you for taking the time to review the resort and most of all, thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you again soon!

Red Agave Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I loved the Red Agave. Stayed for 3 days in January. I loved the A-frame cottages. But the biggest asset was the relaxed atmosphere, and the fact that your "back yard" (pool, hot tub, fire pit, patio area) lead directly out onto the trails of Sedona. The view of Bell Rock & Courthouse Butte at sunrise, during the day, and at sunset is priceless. The location, too, is lovely, in the quieter Village of Oak Creek part of Sedona. There is a wonderful bakery & cafe just around the corner, as well as a Thai restaurant (unpretentious but with superb food & service), and a very good, high-end Italian restaurant a few blocks away. Staff were freiendly and helpful. I highly recommend the Red Agave, especially compared to more "luxurious" and yet more sterile condos & hotel/resorts

Room Tip: Try the Thai restaurant in the little shopping centre around the corner! Family-run: superb, authent...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Martin S.,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate your kind words and are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We strive to give our guests a great experience and value their feedback. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have you back again soon.
Reviewed January 19, 2013

My husband and I have stayed here twice. The first time, there were 6 of us so we stayed in a Chalet. We already knew about housekeeping not cleaning during our stay so no surprises there. It was a little cramped only because there was one bathroom to share. Otherwise, it was a good time and very convenient since 3 of us were there for a biking trip. The sliding glass doors make it easy to store your bikes inside the rooms. Also, there's a trail head "slim shady" in the back of the resort grounds. So no driving if you want to go on a quick afternoon ride.

The second time we stayed there was a little different. We stayed in one of the studios since there were two of us. The room itself was fine, it had everything we needed during our trip. When we checked in, we asked the office manager (blonde lady) if she thought we would be able to have a late check out, we only needed 1 extra hour. She said to check back with her on the day we were to leave. On our last day I called the office, the person that answered said we wouldn't be able to check out late. After I hung up, I wasn't sure if it was the office manager that I spoke with before. So, I saw her walking by and I ran outside to ask her. She immediately gave me a dirty look, and said "FINE, FINE I'll just ask her to stay longer then!" I said all you have to do is say no. She said "I already did, but fine I'll work it out." I said thank you and walked away. After sitting in my room about 5 minutes I grew angry at her reaction. I decided to go to her office. I saw that she was there and told her "Never mind, I don't need the extra hour! Thanks anyway!" She smiled and started to say something but I just shut the door.

Overall this is a convenient place for biking, but dont ask for extras.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lisa11167822
Thank you for taking the time to review the Red Agave. We strive to give our guests a wonderful experience and we can’t do that without their feedback. We are disappointed that your final experience at the resort was a negative one, but we are glad that you brought the issue to our attention. Our guests are our first priority and we will remind our team members of that. Thank you again for your feedback and for staying with us...twice. We would love to have you stay with us again soon.

Council Bluffs, Iowa
Reviewed January 4, 2013

The Red Agave was a great resort to stay at.
The room was cozy yet spacious and it had a kitchenette which was perfect.
The resort itself is located in a beautiful area with lots of trails to hike right outside.
We used the Jacuzzi and hiked the trails multiple times.
The staff were helpful and friendly.
Overall, a great experience, we will be coming back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Gilbert
Reviewed January 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Red Agave for our anniversary for 2 nights in a chalet. We had a great time! Not fancy but cozy and relaxing. We loved the views and the walking path that is connected to the grounds. The only thing I would change is the beds were not very comfortable. But all in all I would definitely stay at the Red Agave again!! Loved the feel of staying in a cabin : )

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Brandon, Canada
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We are a family of 5 (adults) who stayed for 2 nights over Christmas in one of the Chalets. We loved the cosy rustic feel of the chalet, nothing fancy but very comfortable. We did run into a problem the first night because the main room heater stopped working. They were quick to send someone over on Christmas day to try and fix the problem, unsuccessfully. They offered to move us to another chalet or wait until the next day for maintenance. We opted to stay where we were and they brought extra blankets for us. We were comfortable enough and it was quickly fixed the next morning. As others have already indicated the best feature of Red Agave is their location. The view was fantasic and you could walk out your door onto a lovely trail that climbed up towards Bell Rock. We also made use of the outdoor grill and the hot tub. Red Agave chalets are perfect for a casual family vacation, but don't go if you are thinking it's a 'resort' with all the amenities. My only complaint is that it's a bit pricey for what you get.

Room Tip: 'Fools Hollow' was a great chalet for a family to stay in
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Santa Fe
Reviewed December 30, 2012

The grounds are maintained very well. The floors, bath, and kitchen were not acceptable.
Hair in the drain, floors not mopped - all tile, counter tops were nasty. Old food on back of stove. Choose another place if clean is important.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo