“Hidden treasure in Sedona” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sedona Village Lodge

Sedona Village Lodge
Ranked #45 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Sedona, Arizona, United States
“Hidden treasure in Sedona”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2012

I have stayed there several times and then moved to Sedona. I always refer my family and friends there and we love it. Its small and family owned - has a rustic appeal and great veiws. Clean and always friendly! Why pay more....this place is very "Sedona".Plus there is internet too!

Room Tip: The standard room is great, do an upgrade to the suite for $79 if you want to get fancy! When your...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank azreb2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 29, 2012

Work and weather forced staying at Sedona Village Lodge. I am not sure what to think of it, so just the facts: under $50 with AAA discount; friendly staff kept trying to sell me on the view, yet sundown was just an hour away, so who cares; tile floors--not carpet; analog TV; a weird infrared (?) device attached to the TV creeped me out; dusty shelf by the microwave and refrigerator; well worn bedding and bed--not very comfortable, and I question whether it was clean; crowded room; poor lighting unless they were all on; toiletries were minimal--shampoo appeared used and the used bottle refilled with water--poured out like water, not like honey--so it was questionable; lightbulb in bathroom burned out; ---I can go on... I have paid the same for a whole lot worse, and I have paid less for a whole lot more. This is my third stay in this area, and 2 of 3 places of lodging have been a concern. I may likely stay here again, price alone, but can't rate it more than average.

Room Tip: Best value, ground floor. Best view, on the north end. Go to the area and enjoy yourself, but don...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
11 Thank DonM532
Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2012

this is the best value in Sedona as far as I am concerned, owner came to meet us at 9PM, gave us a $79 room for $59, how can you beat that? Not 100% clean, curtains are in bad need of replacement, and needs some basic maintenance, beds are very comfortable, fantastic value in Sedona, or anywhere for that matter

Room Tip: deal with the owner if possible
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank kleeottorogers
Everett, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2012

Our trip to Sedona was a last-minute affair and as such we didn't have the opportunity to shop motels or even get advanced reservations, add to that the fact that we had never been to Sedona and were traveling on a tight budget. When we arrived we began going from motel to motel checking room rates. We were about to give up after hearing so many high prices when a manager at a competing motel [very kindly] suggested we try the Sedona Village Lodge. Saved! We took one of their suites for two nights and couldn't have been happier. The owner was just lovely and could not have been more accommodating. Thank you Sedona Village Lodge!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
10 Thank Seattle1955
Augusta, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2011

Exceptional value for a simple, clean room. The paint was funny, the TV was small, and it was a little dated, but it was clean and you can't beat the location. For $60 a night, I was very pleased.

Room Tip: The rooms downstairs are cheaper. We were only ever in the room to sleep, so it was a great choice.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
8 Thank Catalyst_12
Encino, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2011

I was in the process of making a reservation, when Adam on the front desk was very unprofessional ( called his co-worker a "mental" ) and before I was able to say something he announced that he'll cancel my credit card and rudely hang up on me. I have been traveling for last 20 years all around Europe and USA and this is the first time I ever been treated with such disrespect.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Iveta P

Travelers are raving about these Sedona hotels

Springfield, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2011

This is our fourth time staying here in the past 14 years. Overall it is an average motel nothing fancy. The first year we stayed in one of the suites at $79 a night. Since then we have been staying in the cheaper rooms on the first floor for $49 a night ($59 on the week-end). We found that there was so much to do in the area we were only in the room to sleep, so this gave us more to spend on the attractions and eating out. It is well located only minutes south of Sedona and minutes northwest of I-17. John Witteman is the original owner and the prices have remained the same since they opened in 1996.

Room Tip: This is our fourth time staying here in the past 14 years. Overall it is an average motel nothing fa...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple