“not 5 star, but 5 out of 5 for value”

Sedona Village Lodge
Ranked #37 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Reviewed February 6, 2012

this is the best value in Sedona as far as I am concerned, owner came to meet us at 9PM, gave us a $79 room for $59, how can you beat that? Not 100% clean, curtains are in bad need of replacement, and needs some basic maintenance, beds are very comfortable, fantastic value in Sedona, or anywhere for that matter

Room Tip: deal with the owner if possible
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank kleeottorogers
There are newer reviews for Sedona Village Lodge

Reviewed February 5, 2012

Our trip to Sedona was a last-minute affair and as such we didn't have the opportunity to shop motels or even get advanced reservations, add to that the fact that we had never been to Sedona and were traveling on a tight budget. When we arrived we began going from motel to motel checking room rates. We were about to give up after hearing so many high prices when a manager at a competing motel [very kindly] suggested we try the Sedona Village Lodge. Saved! We took one of their suites for two nights and couldn't have been happier. The owner was just lovely and could not have been more accommodating. Thank you Sedona Village Lodge!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
10  Thank Seattle1955
Reviewed October 27, 2011

Exceptional value for a simple, clean room. The paint was funny, the TV was small, and it was a little dated, but it was clean and you can't beat the location. For $60 a night, I was very pleased.

Room Tip: The rooms downstairs are cheaper. We were only ever in the room to sleep, so it was a great choice.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
8  Thank Catalyst_12
Reviewed October 19, 2011

I was in the process of making a reservation, when Adam on the front desk was very unprofessional ( called his co-worker a "mental" ) and before I was able to say something he announced that he'll cancel my credit card and rudely hang up on me. I have been traveling for last 20 years all around Europe and USA and this is the first time I ever been treated with such disrespect.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Iveta P
Reviewed September 28, 2011

This is our fourth time staying here in the past 14 years. Overall it is an average motel nothing fancy. The first year we stayed in one of the suites at $79 a night. Since then we have been staying in the cheaper rooms on the first floor for $49 a night ($59 on the week-end). We found that there was so much to do in the area we were only in the room to sleep, so this gave us more to spend on the attractions and eating out. It is well located only minutes south of Sedona and minutes northwest of I-17. John Witteman is the original owner and the prices have remained the same since they opened in 1996.

Room Tip: This is our fourth time staying here in the past 14 years. Overall it is an average motel nothing fa...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
7  Thank papaoz
Reviewed May 29, 2011

What a relief to know that clean, economical hotels still exist! My husband and I travel non-stop as a part of our jobs. After one stay in Sedona at the kakepelli inn (spelling? ) we went searching for a better value and came across Sedona village lodge. What a great place! Clean, well managed and comfortable. Please know, this hotel is about as basic as they come but compared to lousy motel 6 this is 5 stars. we will definitely stay again:)

• Stayed: May 2011
3  Thank bunnybutter
Reviewed May 2, 2011

Why did it take me so long to find this little gem? My son lives in Sedona, and I have made many trips over the past several years, but this is the first time I have stayed at the Village Lodge. It is perfect, clean, comfortable and convenient. I would recommend this to anyone visiting Sedona, unless you want the whole spa/resort experience. All I really look for is clean room, comfortable bed and hot shower. The Lodge has all those.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo