This was our fourth trip to Sedona and our second stay at the Sedona Dream Maker B&B; our first was in 2009. After spending lots of time on the online B&B directory and reviewing hotels, we decided it was best to return here (though we stayed in two other B&Bs on our first trips). We are so glad we did. We stayed in the Tuctu room again and our friends were next door in the Victorian. There is a balcony off both rooms from which you can see and enjoy Tuctu. My husband and I spent some late night time stargazing from the observation roof. There's a bench available but we sat on the floor, wrapped in heavy blankets provided in a trunk in our room.
Dee's breakfasts are still the best and knowing coffee is ready at 6 a.m. is a treat, though I never did get out of the comfy, comfy bed before 8:00. After reading another review that was mediocre, I must point out that we never felt unwelcome in the common area or dining room and a hearty breakfast is best before hiking or sightseeing. I like that Phil's and Dee's living space appears blocked off from the three B&B rooms. I'm cautious when choosing a B&B because I don't want to be right in someone else's daily living space. The Dream Maker has a comfortable layout. With regards to being in a residential neighborhood, that, it is. However, it's on the outskirts of town, well-hidden, and the views are breathtaking. We spent a lot of time walking the labyrinth, around the tee-pee, feeding the donkeys, and enjoying being outdoors. During that time we never noticed houses or saw any neighbors. I believe anyone would be hard pressed to find a desolate area in Sedona unless you're going to camp.
Phil and Dee are artists as well as proprietors. We appreciate how their artistry enhances the B&B, inside and out. We enjoyed perusing the gallery and got to visit it multiple times to take it all in. Phil can be very helpful if you're interested in day trips or in visiting places close by. We took our 4th trip to the Grand Canyon and because of Phil, we went to a volcano we didn't even know was on our way. With so many options in the area for massage, Dee recommended Sacred Light of Sedona and Jim, a massage therapist who will come to the Dream Maker for an in-room massage. We chose Sacred Light since two of us wanted a massage at the same appointment time. It was a wonderful and enlightening experience that words would only diminish.
Thanks to Dee and Phil for all of their insights, recommendations, and hospitality!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A traditional B&B in our luxurious log home. Three grand suites available, with balconies and whirlpool tubs for two. Set on two private and secluded acres of pine and juniper trees with natural gardens and walking paths. See the incredible views from the roof top sky deck of our red rock mountains and stargazing you will not want to miss. Experience the true spirit of Sedona as well as Phil and Dee's wonderful hospitality! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com and Hotwire so you can book your Sedona Dream Maker Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sedona Dream Maker Bed And Breakfast
- Sedona Dream Maker Hotel Sedona