1,336 results
All reviews infinity pool wine hour salt rock free happy hour complimentary wine valet parking is lawn games valet guys resort fee steam room snoopy rock yoga classes hotel restaurant valet service free shuttle adirondack chairs hot tub
Reviewed May 27, 2018 via mobile

The most wonderful service and staff, ever. Excellent restaurant, as well. Waffles for breakfast are perfect. Dinner was fantastic, roasted pork shank. They even stayed open a little late for us.
The only 2 draw backs to the entire experience. The bed frame in our king room stuck out almost 1ft. Too long! Strange. Also, the bathroom is rather disappointing. Vanity way to small....
It's a beautiful property and location.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Mesut E, Manager at Kimpton Amara Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2018

Thank you so much for your review of your recent stay. We do appreciate the kind words regarding your experience.

I am sorry to read about your experience with bed frame and bathroom. We will share your feedback with our team.

We look forward to having you join us again for a future stay!

Warmest,

Reviewed May 26, 2018

Stayed with girlfriends at the Kimpton Amara a few weeks back. The entire visit was amazing - the location, the restaurant, the room, the pool, the bar and most importantly - the staff. I cannot compliment the parking gentlemen highly enough: always welcoming, helpful, and ready to shuttle guests around town as needed! I would definitely recommend getting drinks at the bar and a treatment at the spa - both top notch.

Room tip: The shuttle drivers are awesome and take you anywhere within a 1 mile radius.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Melissa,
Thank you so much for your review. We are glad to hear that you had a wonderful time here at Amara! We definitely work very hard in making everyone's experience a special one.
We look forward to having you join us again soon!

Reviewed May 21, 2018

My family (ages 19-52) stayed at the Kimpton Amara Resort last week. As for the hotel itself, it could use some updates (new carpet, new mattresses, new beds, new bedding (our comforter had stains on it), bigger bathroom counter space, and the glass doors to each wing good stand to be cleaned). The Salt Rock restaurant was very good. We had breakfast once and a late night snack, and all were very, very good. The bartender and bar is outstanding!! We had a fabulous time in Sedona, and will return again, but probably not stay at the Kimpton Amara Resort.

Room tip: We were in rooms 220 and 224 and had a pool view.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank teal8325

Thank you for choosing the Amara Resort and Spa on your recent trip to Sedona. While we are incredibly disappointed that we did not meet your expectations for your stay, we sincerely appreciate the feedback and I assure you it will be thoughtfully considered and applied by all phases of the operation.

I hope you will give us a chance by staying with us again to show you that we can do better.

Best,

Reviewed May 18, 2018

My husband and I stayed at the Kimpton Amara for 1 night when we were in Sedona and it was NOT worth it for the cost. We booked through Chase Ultimate Rewards points and if we had booked with cash, it would have cost us the equivalent of $480. Completely NOT worth it. I would pay $200, maybe close to $300 for the room we got but would NEVER pay $480. The room was fine. But it wasn't anything special and the property wasn't that great to justify the cost. The pool was fine, but not that special or big. The restaurant on site had an extremely limited menu for lunch. Everything about the whole experience was just fine. Not great. Not 5 star worthy which is what I would expect for that cost.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Kerry K,

Thank you for your review. I am saddened to hear your stay was not up to par with what you had hoped for. I absolutely will share your feedback with the Team.

Should you decide to stay with us again, please feel free to reach out to me so I can assist you with your reservation and stay.

Warm regards,

Reviewed May 14, 2018 via mobile

Had a girl trip to Sedona and stayed at Amara. Everyone was so friendly and accommodating. But, a very special shout goes out to Juan our waiter at The Salt Rock Kitchen on property. He took care of us and was so knowledgeable about all the food and crafted margaritas. He is a huge asset to the resort. Also, the Valet Andy who shuttled us to every restaurant and bar to get the real flavor is Sedona. Thanks Andy and Juan. U both made our trip!!!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Tara C, General Manager at Kimpton Amara Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2018

Thank you so much for your 5 star review! We're glad to hear you enjoyed the Resort and especially your service form Juan & Andy. I will let them both know how much their impact made on your stay!!