Wow, what an excellent experience at the Amara. From beginning to end, our one night mini-vacation at this hotel was exceptional.
This hotel must have the best staff ever, as we received above and beyond service from everyone working during our stay.
The hotel is configured in a horseshoe around a lovely courtyard and beautiful saltwater infinity pool on the banks of Oak Creek. The rooms are angled and staggered, so each balcony has a little privacy from the other rooms, and affords great views of the lovely Supai sandstone formations for which Sedona is famous. This makes all the interior rooms great, but for a real treat, try the creek view suite.
We received room 226, and we're thoroughly impressed. The room was well appointed, and colossal in size, with a living room area on one side, and a king bed and dining table opposite. The room opened out onto a huge deck, complete with a table and chairs to enjoy the view of the creek and pool. It made for a lovely spot to enjoy a drink while the creek babbled in the background and the birds played in the cottonwood and sycamore trees. But best of all was the huge, jetted soaking tub in the bath, with a big picture window to look out on the red rocks while soaking.
For food, the restaurant Hundred Rox is exceptional. We debated room service for dinner, but decided to try the restaurant, and were overwhelmed by the quality of our experience. My fiancée is gluten and dairy free, which can be difficult while traveling, but not here. She was taken care of from the moment we walked in, with the chef personally preparing custom appetizers for us to sample, and the wait staff ensuring that she received a great meal despite her dietary restrictions. In all our travels, this restaurant did the absolute best job accommodating her needs, while providing us both a wonderfully delicious and truly memorable dining experience.
One note, unlike other Kimpton properties I have been to recently, the Amara does not have alcohol in their mini-bar selection, so plan ahead by bringing some libations, or head to the bar.
Other than that, this resort is total perfection!
Our only regret was only staying one night. We will have to find an excuse to return soon, and stay longer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The AAA Four-Diamond Kimpton Amara Resort Hotel & Spa is a modern sanctuary that offers the best of all worlds. Ideally located in the Uptown area of America's most beautiful place, Sedona, Arizona. Welcome to Kimpton Amara Resort and Spa. We invite you to sit back, relax and enjoy the many recent enhancements to our property. All guest rooms include luxurious bed linens, robes, in room safes and refrigerators, in addition to a balcony offering spectacular views of the Sedona red rocks or our gardens. Enjoy in room dining from SaltRock Southwest Kitchen or indoor/outdoor dining at our three meal a day restaurant. Treat yourself to a massage or hot stone treatment at The Spa or sit by our infinity pool and soak in the spirit of Sedona and the Amara Resort and Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Kimpton Amara Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amara Hotel, Restaurant Hotel Sedona
- Amara Hotel, Restaurant And Spa
- Amara Resort Sedona
- Amara Hotel Sedona
- Amara Sedona