“Excellent Vacation and Future Vacation Home”
Review of Hyatt Pinon Pointe

Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Ranked #11 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Reviewed January 17, 2011

This was our first trip to Sedona and we fell in love with the property and the city. We had a one-bedroom condo with an amazing view. The room was spacious and we enjoyed the whirlpool bathtub, especially after spending hours hiking the trails. The staff were very helpful and were not pushy on the vacation property sales. The only drawback - if someone wanted to call it that - was the high speed internet DSL connection was a little slower than I would expect, but the wireless worked just fine. And, aside from most restaurants closed at 8pm, we were able to adjust our schedule to make sure we had time to eat before most things shut down. We are excited about returning back to Sedona and the Hyatt Pinon Point!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Pinon Pointe

Reviewed January 4, 2011

Staff is fabulous. Location is great. This is not a cosmopolitan Hyatt. Very southwest. Which is fine. But if you need internet, they basically DON'T have service. They blamed it on location, weather, provider, etc. We had no service 5 days out of 7...and my husband had business to do. Staff was charming, but couldn't help. Description of resort should say "very limited internet access". And despite repeated emails to Hyatt, from an internet cafe, we got NO response. Hyatt Customer service was non existant.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 21, 2010

We spent four nights at this resort following Thanksgiving 2010. We stayed in a 2BR unit on the lower level. Parking was convenient to the unit on 3/4 of the nights. Be advised that there are no elevators to the units, so you will either be walking up, or down, stairs, to get to most units.

The 2BR lockoff is comprised of (1) a nice, roomy, 1 BR unit with a galley kitchen, roomy dining table, living room, large bathroom, separate jacuzzi area, and walk in shower, and a (2) smaller studio apartment. While I would definitely recommend staying here if you have the run of a 2BR, or the larger 1BR side, the studio is far less appealing.

This resort is well situated to walk to shopping and dining, and has simply gorgeous views from the pool area. We much enjoyed the Wildflower restaurant that was part of the Shoppes at Pinon Pointe (on site) and ate there several times (or took takeout, in the case of breakfast).

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank maroulni
Reviewed December 2, 2010

I loved the location and views of the hotel, but the beds were not very comfortable. The rooms were clean, but cramped (we had a studio). For the price ($119/nt) it's hard to complain too much, but after staying at the Phoenician the night before, the rooms left a little to be desired. A huge plus is that there is a fabulous casual restaurant that we went to for breakfast and dinner on-site: Wildflower...think really good Panera bread! Also, a Starbucks on-site.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Deanna9
Reviewed November 27, 2010

Hyatt Pinon Pointe is undoubtedly well-located. The room was clean, and the bathroom was great. All this could not offset my poor experience.

I will never ever stay here again, nor will I ever consider purchasing a Hyatt timeshare. And I recommend everyone follow the same advice.

I booked a room here just like I would any other hotel room. There were no warnings about absurd noise transfer. I assumed my room would be like any other hotel room in the universe: some noise here and there, but nothing some earplugs wouldn't cure. Not so at the Hyatt Pinon Pointe. I was woken up my first morning (through my earplugs) by what sounded like someone marching through my front door at 6AM only to find that it was really my neighbor's door opening. I never fell back asleep because of the normal conversation going on in the room next to me that I heard very clearly syllable-by-syllable. They weren't excessively loud (even when fighting, they maintained normal conversational volume). So I asked the front desk to be moved. That's when I encountered my first bout of "Why didn't you call security about the noise?". Why would a person call security for a family obviously not being overly loud!?! People should be able to talk freely at a normal level in their room without infringing on their neighbor's peace. With utter lack of desiring to please this customer, the front desk said that my neighbor's internal door should be closed, but that the front desk cannot be proactive about that issue. They have to wait for another incident before they can ask my neighbor to close an internal door. So we asked to be moved to a different room, but the front desk informed us that there is the same issue in every room. I could not believe it. Hyatt KNOWINGLY BUILT A PROPERTY where there is absolutely no buffer to noise transfer. I spoke with the property's general manager about it, and that's what he said, too. Knowing all too well that any other respectable property in the area would be booked up or priced too high, we decided to ride out our experience at the Hyatt. We called the front desk a couple times to ask them to remind our neighbors to close their door. Sure enough, that helped a lot. But who, on vacation, wants (a) to have to call the front desk to ensure that they don't overhear all their neighbor's conversations and (b) wants to nag their neighbors who also want to enjoy their vacation? Not I.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank crosenfe
Reviewed November 24, 2010

I would definitely stay here again. The property was beautiful and well maintained. The rooms were nicely decorated and comfortable. We were lucky enough to get a room on the top floor with spectacular views of the red rocks. The property is centrally located and is off the main street through town. Most everything is within walking distance. Definitely worth it.

• Stayed: November 2010
2  Thank KCKate
Reviewed November 18, 2010

To be fair, we got off to a bad start, complicated by misunderstandings that were our fault. We had booked a studio for a one night stay, and assumed that we would get a king bed as we are Hyatt Platinum "passport" members - which guarantees our choice of bed and the best room available in the category we booked. We were shown to a minuscule, dingy apartment with a view of a wall and a door -- and it had a queen size bed. When my husband asked for another room, he was told by the receptionist that the Club Resorts do not have to honor Hyatt's commitment to provide the bed requested or the "best" room. (We checked, and of course they are right - but she didn't need to be rude about it.)

Anyway, despite originally being told that our dingy room with the wall view was the only one available, they did manage to find a nice, beautifully decorated king studio for us, for which we were grateful. The room was lovely, but the room was a "basement" room and my poor aging husband had to lug our bags up and down those stairs.

The room was large and comfortable, with a tiny kitchenette consisting of a small wet bar, small microwave, and small refrigerator. We had a small sitting area, a nice porch, a gorgeous bathroom, and a comfortable bed. We settled in to relax - until the neighbors came home. The walls are paper thin and we spent the rest of the evening listening to the neighbors' conversations, smelling their dinner cooking, and hearing the upstairs residents tromping around until after 1 a.m. When we turned our lights off we could actually see light from the unit next to us seeping through the door jamb. We have decided that Vacation Club Resorts aren't for us.

Sedona is a beautiful, beautiful, beautiful area and we will return. We will not, however, be staying at the Hyatt Pinon Pointe, despite our affinity for Hyatt. There just isn't enough privacy and we found the staff, particularly the receptionist upon check-in, to be off-putting.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple