$289
$303
$276
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Sky Ranch Lodge(Sedona)(Great Value!)
$175
$193
$161
  • Breakfast included
$540
$469
$269
Arabella Hotel Sedona(Sedona)(Great Value!)
$206
  • Breakfast included
Junipine Resort(Sedona)(Great Value!)
$226
  • Restaurant
Ridge on Sedona Golf Resort(Sedona)(Great Value!)
$299
  • Pool
Sedona Summit Resort(Sedona)(Great Value!)
$299
1,007 results
All reviewstime sharefire pitfull kitchenactivity centerwildflower cafered rockswildflower bread companypool areabedroom unitwasher dryershops and restaurantstimeshare ownersping pongamazing viewstimeshare presentationfitness centergrand canyon
Reviewed November 18, 2010

To be fair, we got off to a bad start, complicated by misunderstandings that were our fault. We had booked a studio for a one night stay, and assumed that we would get a king bed as we are Hyatt Platinum "passport" members - which guarantees our choice of bed and the best room available in the category we booked. We were shown to a minuscule, dingy apartment with a view of a wall and a door -- and it had a queen size bed. When my husband asked for another room, he was told by the receptionist that the Club Resorts do not have to honor Hyatt's commitment to provide the bed requested or the "best" room. (We checked, and of course they are right - but she didn't need to be rude about it.)

Anyway, despite originally being told that our dingy room with the wall view was the only one available, they did manage to find a nice, beautifully decorated king studio for us, for which we were grateful. The room was lovely, but the room was a "basement" room and my poor aging husband had to lug our bags up and down those stairs.

The room was large and comfortable, with a tiny kitchenette consisting of a small wet bar, small microwave, and small refrigerator. We had a small sitting area, a nice porch, a gorgeous bathroom, and a comfortable bed. We settled in to relax - until the neighbors came home. The walls are paper thin and we spent the rest of the evening listening to the neighbors' conversations, smelling their dinner cooking, and hearing the upstairs residents tromping around until after 1 a.m. When we turned our lights off we could actually see light from the unit next to us seeping through the door jamb. We have decided that Vacation Club Resorts aren't for us.

Sedona is a beautiful, beautiful, beautiful area and we will return. We will not, however, be staying at the Hyatt Pinon Pointe, despite our affinity for Hyatt. There just isn't enough privacy and we found the staff, particularly the receptionist upon check-in, to be off-putting.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NevermindCA
Reviewed November 11, 2010

This was our second visit this Hyatt time share property. Honestly, we were not at all bothered by aggressive salespeople at all save for one polite message left on our phone. Our one bedroom unit consisted of: full kitchen,living/dining room with fireplace, washer/dryer, nice size king bedded bedroom, one large bathroom with an adjoining spa tub. Nice. However, the soft goods, carpet, drapes, comforter, etc, are showing their age. Clean, but used. More color other than shades of brown/beige need to be added.
Staff was polite & friendly. I was very annoyed when my card key would not open my room twice in one week. This was promptly & apologetically handled each time. Annoying never the less.
Nice stores & shops on site, just be ready for "resort pricing." If you are self-catering, go to the nearby Safeway supermarket to stock up on supplies. A car is a must, but there is a free trolley that picks you up in front of the lobby & goes into downtown Sedona. Good idea as parking can be difficult in town.
In the area: New York Bagel & Deli-great fresh food, terrific pizza(after 4 PM), fresh baked goods & pastry. Sedona Sweet Arts- great bakery. Happy Hour faves: the Barking Frog & Picazzo's. The Red Planet Diner-funky place with excellent well-priced food.
All the usual, fast food chains are nearby.
No matter if you're a single traveller, family with kids or a romantic couple, this resort is a good, well located place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 1, 2010

Great place to stay... very close to shopping and attractions. The only negative is that the walls are paper thin. Could hear full conversations from the room next to us.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 26, 2010

Stayed six nights at Pinon Point in a King Bed Studio apartment. This was at Basement level about 39 steps up and down. I had requested a room with a view as I had read in other trip advisor reviews that was not a given. They were correct!! Most studio's look out onto other studio's not on the wonderful Sedona scenery. Ours had a small side view of scenery.
We were told by the staff several times "This is a Hyatt Vacation Ownership Property not a Hotel" By the end of it I felt I never wanted to stay at a "Vacation Ownership Property again"
The studio was dingy with older furnishings and a tiny Microwave and Refrigerator, old TV.
The staff at the front desk Victoria, was efficient but very cold and not friendly.
The pool area is very nice and there are some small stores and a breakfast cafe and a Starbucks on site which is a plus.
Pinon Points is situated in a very good position in Sedona for site seeing and travel to the Grand Canyon two hours away.
There are many accomodations to choose from in the Sedona area more reasonably priced with more upto date accomodations. I would definitely look elsewhere on another trip.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bmutgi
Reviewed October 26, 2010

We stayed at the Hyatt Pinon Pointe from Sept 15 to Sept 22, 2010. My in-laws from England booked it through their time share and they were there for a full 2 weeks, Sunday to Sunday. My husband, daughter and I are from Canada. In total we were 4 adults and a 3 year old.

If anyone has ever been to Banff in Canada, I equate Sedona with being the Banff of Arizona. It is a very beautiful scenic tourist town. There are lots of little tourist shops, art galleries and expensive restaurants. Everything closes at around 6 pm. There is zero nightlife in Sedona, unless you want to go alien watching or star gazing. Definitely not for a young crowd or anyone looking to party.

I found the attitude of the staff at the resort to be very snobby. They refused to answer the most basic questions until they established who we were and which room we were in. I went one evening to ask where my husband and I should go for a nice adult dinner and I got a very long lecture from the woman at the front desk about the importance of feeding my daughter organically. It was a bit much.

The resort was nice and one of the only hotels in Sedona with a pool. We were told that the bedrock in Sedona is very shallow so you need dynamite to blast a hole for a pool, which is very expensive. The weather when we were there was very hot so the pool was a life saver. The room was nice although lacking in cupboard space to keep groceries so we had to pile it all on top of the fridge or on the counter. There was a nice master suite with a door to the balcony plus a large master bath, where my in-laws stayed. My family had the lock-off room which had a queen sized bed, nice bathroom, small balcony and a fold away couch bed that our daughter slept on. Our room also had a small sink, bar fridge, microwave and coffee pot. One HUGE inconvenience was that we had to switch rooms half way through our stay. The owner of our original condo was coming to stay so he wanted his condo. We were told we basically had to pack up and get out for a day. My husband had to be very persistent and explain that a day was too long. We wanted a new room ASAP, especially with a 3 year old. We had to pack everything up and they came and got all of our luggage and groceries and stored it all for us. Basically we were homeless for about 4 hrs. The turn around time was pretty quick but I sense if we hadn’t been so persistent they definitely would have taken their time setting us up in a new room.

We ate at the Elote Cafe, which was THE award winning restaurant in Sedona. It was ok. Nothing spectacular. They don’t take reservations so the wait can be long. We also tried Judi’s Restaurant and Lounge at the recommendation of the hotel staff as being “family friendly”. It was probably one of the worst dining experiences I’ve ever suffered through from the incredibly rude staff to the fact that my mother-in- law found her meal completely inedible. Infact I am sad to report the best meal we had in all of Arizona was at the Jack in the Box outside of the Phoenix airport. The bakery on-site was good but very expensive. $8 for a loaf of bread seems like a lot.

As for site-seeing we drove to the Grand Canyon. A long day of driving but definitely worth seeing. We went to Montezuma’s Castle and Montezuma’s well, both sites about 30-40 minutes drive from the hotel. The highlight of the whole trip for us as a family was the Out of Africa Wildlife Park where my daughter got to feed a giraffe and we watched the tigers swim, which was an awesome experience. The Wildlife Park is expensive but there are discount coupons on their website. Definitely the place to go if you have kids.

Overall it was a good trip. I am not sure that I would classify the hotel as memorable. It definitely served it purpose and was well located. I am not sure I would make a great effort to stay there again. I suspect if you are not a time-share member there might be some high pressure sales to become a member. I found the overall age of the guests at the hotel to be quite elderly, which made me feel out of place with my young daughter. There was a nice activities centre with a small playground and games room for her to play at but we were the only people that ever seemed to use it.

I am available to answer questions. candicestauffer@yahoo.ca

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family