“Wonderful location with stunning views”

Hyatt Residence Club Sedona, Pinon Pointe
Ranked #14 of 49 Hotels in Sedona
Reviewed June 30, 2014

This resort has a great location within walking distance of all the restaurants and shops. We have a one bedroom spacious apartment with two balconies which take in great views. The kitchen is well appointed and the bathroom is very spacious with large shower and spa bath

Reviewed June 30, 2014

We went with the Hyatt because of the brand name and my previous experience. The hotel looks great and has wonderful amenities and is extremely clean. The problem was that they divide a 2 bedroom suite into two rooms and they are not separated but a extra sound deadening door. We could hear every whisper and every move our neighbors made. This was extremely unpleasant and something i would have never expected from a Hyatt. The king bed, although they say it's quality and supposedly used in all Hyatts, felt old and worn out. Perhaps the bed we have at home is just that much better but i've never slept so terribly in my life. Overall it's a good hotel but only if you're willing to spend the cash on a premium one or two bedroom suite. Not a place to stay at when on a budget.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

We booked through Hyatt Gold deal... Had to sit through sales pitch but it was worth the discount in price. Our 1 bedroom is nicely appointed with all amenities. We were lucky to get a room on the bottom but the view was spectacular and we were able to park close. Pool area is nice. They recently added a second firepit area that none may know about.. We were the only ones there last night enjoying the sunset and a little later, the fire and stars.

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed June 29, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for one week in June. We were in a one bedroom on the second floor. The bathroom had a nice big shower and a jetted bath tub. The living room had a fireplace but we sure didn't need that in June. The kitchen table seated six. There was a well equipped kitchen. The patio off the bedroom and living room looked out on the mountains - amazing views. Snoopy and the elephant rock formations were visible from our patio. The staff was super cheerful and helpful. We were within walking distance to Uptown Sedona. This is a super place to stay.

Room Tip: Second floor with patio on the east have the best view of the mountains.
Reviewed June 29, 2014

This is a beautiful resort built up the side of the mountain. The rooms are very nice but ours was on the dark side as it was slightly underground - yet still nice with all the ammentities. Balcony was nice with a long away view of the red rocks. At first I was dissapointed in the view but after walking around the resort there are many that have so many steps and go down and down flights which look to be awful. However there are also many that have spectacular views so as long as you know what you are getting you will be fine. We had a one bedroom with a little walk to the pool and activity center. Pool area is beautiful and views are fabulous. Cool firepits for nightime.

Easy walk to uptown with all the shops and quite a few restaurants to try. The shops at Hyatt Pinon Point are great. Wildflower Bread Company great for sandwhiches and salads but the best thing is the view !!! Has to be the best in Sedona. This view can be had at Sound Bites restaurant also - a little pricey and food just so so. But again that view that we went to Sedona for. The best is there are tables and chairs all around to sit and look at the view - a few outside of Coldstone Creamy so you can enjoy the view with your ice cream and more scattered around.

When we checked in we were advised that it is very dark there at night with city ordinances controlling how much light there can be at night. ( beautiful star gazing is enhanced by this ) There are flashlights provided and recommended to use at night. We did this the first night but were fine after that without them as it is dark but not that bad. However if you have one of the rooms that has steps going down several floors I am sure this would be necessary.

Overall would recommend this place highly for location just be sure where your room is !!!

Room Tip: Ask how many steps down you will have to go to get to your room - some look to be more than 40 and i...
1  Thank vaca21
Reviewed June 26, 2014

My husband booked this stay as a surprise for our 15th Anniversary. The website description was not entirely clear about the kitchen arrangements. We had a Studio w/kitchenette which was a mini fridge and mini microwave. I need a full kitchen with cooking capabilities for my restrictive diet. I had to use the outside community grill which was dirty in 100 degree heat. The staff was not very pleasant or helpful. The balcony was great, even though there was a giant tree blocking our view. We were booked into a 2nd story room at the bottom of a steep hill. By the time we dug our luggage and cooler down 2 flights of stairs, we had to drag them up another flight of stairs to our room. the shower had a rain head which gave barely any pressure at all. It took me almost 30 minutes just to wash and completely rinse. The Concierge wasn't very professional or knowledgeable. And of course since it is a timeshare, they want to set you up for the sales pitch. For a newer "resort", this place although adequate, left much hospitality to be desired.

Room Tip: Ask for the least amount of stairs possible. A view to the East would be best.
Reviewed June 26, 2014

This terrific hotel/residential club run by Hyatt is a truly wonderful place to stay and hook up with your friends and relatives. The rooms and common areas were very clean, bright and the staff very helpful and friendly at all times. The swimming pool is large and always at a comfortable temperature; however whilst we were there in Mid-June 2014, the mornings and afternoon were in part taken over by very noisy children. The site is also occupied by independent cafés and art shops but these are well away from where the guests live and relax. The nearby bakery, The Wild Flower Bread Company is outstanding for its quality of fayre especially it's huge slices of delicious buttered toast.

Regretfully my week's stay at the Hyatt Piñon Point was marred on Thursday, 19th June, 2014, by the disappearance of my high-end electric shaver; always kept to the side of the sink in our bathroom. Despite endless searches by myself and family members in every drawer, wardrobe and surface in our two bed roomed apartment, it was nowhere to be found. We did approach the management and they where unable to find this object in it's waste disposal areas or laundry. I lodged a formal complaint and the event, I believe, was duly logged in their files.

Some three days later and after we had left for Florida, I received a phone call from the front office manager, Christine [--], that my shaver had since been found in one of the bathroom drawers. I was offered no perceived explanation as to the circumstances of this 'miracle'; merely how happy they were, for their sakes and to presumably for mine, that this elusive item had been recovered. I will not apportion any blame as to why and by whom my shaver had been accidentally or purposely removed from our bathroom, but suffice to say I was left feeling extremely annoyed and in a some small way, violated. I will never return there!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family