“Excellent!”
Review of Hyatt Pinon Pointe

Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Ranked #11 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Reviewed May 11, 2014

We really enjoyed this place and all of the amenities! We stayed in a studio condo which was very nice. We are not owners but were not bothered at all by the staff to listen to any sales talks. The Hyatt is in a prime location next to many shops (including Starbucks & Wildflower Baking Company) that are awesome. Room was clean and the view was beyond beautiful. Pool and hot tub area are great too. There is also a fire pit that is really relaxing to gather around at night. I cannot wait to go back. Sedona is one of my favorite vacation places. I would highly recommend!

Room Tip: Stay in an upstairs unit if you do not want to hear people walking around. Walls and doors are very...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Pinon Pointe

Reviewed May 6, 2014

Great place to stay. We had an upper unit 1621 2 bedroom lockout....Lockout..great for the kids... Very nicely decorated, great view of the rocks... Close to some shops and restaurants. You cannot beat the location as it is right uptown..so you can walk to everything. Pool very nice,Hot tubs to die for...BBQ grills were great..along withe the firepits.... tennis courts and fitness room. No room service or restaurant on site but restaurants right next door. The unit we had was like being at home. Grounds are very clean... My only complaint is that the pool, hot tubs an fire pit closes at 10...should be 11 if you ask me... 10 is too early and many nights when we were out there with others we were told it was shutting down... hotel needs to take note of that.. If people are still there ..then perhaps your hours need to be extended...at least until 11.. Other than this..we thought it was a great place to stay and would come back.. It is great when you have a full kitchen and you can cook instead of having to go out all the time. Grocery store is about a mile away. Great restaurants next door.. Wildflower cafe, starbucks , cold stone creamery and Sound bites Grill which has an excellent menu and views.. The shops at Pinion pointe are walking distance away.. We will be back

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank jomarie99
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Sedona is beautiful and these condos are walking distance to down town. These adobe units are very high end and elegantly furnished. Our two BR unit had 1.5 kitchens and a fireplace. I was a bit disappointed in the location of the condo we were assigned to, with no view and a neighboring property undergoing noisy renovations all day (even Easter Sunday until 9:00PM). That said, if we had been in a different unit the Hyatt could have beautiful views in most directions. We just weren't able to see them unless we went into our childrens' room and hung out on their balcony. I didn't get the sense that complaining and requesting a move would have been fruitful, so we took over the second bedroom terrace. Window are too small to look out of due to architecture. The pool area was gorgeous with a view to die for. Unfortunately, the pool was full of young children needing constant reprimands from their parents to keep them from yelling and splashing. Can't blame the hotel for that, but I found myself feeling glad that my kids are older now and wishing for nap time. It was a spectacular spot to relax with a cocktail after 5:30 and watch the sun set. It is a timeshare and we did run into one person who tried to pitch it, but we were able to evade and enjoy without the pitch.

Room Tip: Anywhere but along the far western side. I would have liked to benear the pool.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 30, 2014

I was at the resort for 2 nights on business. The 2nd night I came late (11pm) to my room from work and I could not get in as my key was not operational. Having this issue, I drive up to the front desk and I learn that front desk is closed. There was a number for security on the door so I call that, but he tells me that he is at break and will take 20 min to get to me. The next day I get up and find the housekeeper knocking on my door at 7.30 in the morning for cleaning and waking me up. I felt that they assumed I was not staying in the room and hence the key card not working and housekeeper thinking no body is in the room and coming that early in the day. I really think Hyatt needs to improve their standards on this. Y

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Yash D
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

This is not a hotel. It has no where the service you would get paying this price at a hotel. This is a time share or some thing for Hyatt. The front desk is open 7am -11pm. If you need anything out those hours gruff the security guard isn't that helpful. There is ZERO room service. There is no Valet. The maid didn't come until after I called twice and she finally made it at 230. Then she did come she ONLY made the bed and put fresh towels. The iron and ironing board she didnt put up. I Bring my own pillows they were thrown on the floor. The concierge I called at 4 looking for places to eat she took an hour to call back. The positives are comfortable bed and great location. I will not be back to this hotel.

Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Tommy L
Reviewed April 21, 2014

My family of four (myself, my husband, and my 10 and 8 yos really enhoyed our stay at this hotel (which is really, I believe, a collection of individually owned condo-type units.) Our unit was underground, and the only complaint I have is that even with the flashlights they gave us at check-in, I was worried that my clumsy 8 yo would fall at night on the dark stairwell leading to our one-bedroom unit. Apparently Sedona has regulations whipch limit certain types of lighting at night.

Besides this minor issue, I thought the unit was attractively furnished and clean. The location (within walking distance to the Shoppes at Pinon Pointe which includes a Starbucks, Wildflower restaurant and Cold Stone Creamery) was great, with many decent restaurants nearby.

The customer service was outstanding. Staff at the front desk and at the activity center were very friendly and eager to help. The pool was heated enough to be enjoyed by the kids even in the chilly March evenings.

When researching Sedona lodging options I narrowed it down to the Enchantment resort (too expensive) and here, and am glad we made this choice. The large table and small kitchenette turned out to be convenient, and the family trip was all about enjoying the beautiful scenery and hikes, and we didn't spend too much time in the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank satellite1
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I had a weekend stay at the Hyatt Pinon Pointe in Sedona. This is a really nice property with a really good location.

The property has tennis courts, swimming pool, jacuzzi tubs, fitness center, table tennis, and (at least) 2 public BBQ/Grilling areas. You can reserve the BBQ/Grill for 1 hour per room per day. We had a several couples in our group and had a great BBQ the area next to the pool.

The rooms themselves are very nice as well with high end utensils and cookware. If you get a 1-bedroom, it comes with a full kitchen, washer/dryer, jacuzzi tub, living room area with fireplace, outdoor patio. The Studio room is also nice(we had a mix of 1-bd and studio rooms in our group), but I would recommend spending the extra money to get the 1-bedroom, since you get so much more value out of it.

The staff was courteous and responsive. They went above and beyond to resolve any issues. I highly recommend this property and will stay here again for my next trip to Sedona!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends