“Fantastic!!!”

Ranked #11 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
minneapolis
“Fantastic!!!”
Reviewed July 9, 2008

USA Today's Weekend Edition says that Sedona is the single-most beautiful spot in the US. That statement sounded over the top. Having been there recently, I now agree.

Pinon Pointe is absolutely the greatest. It is so centrally located. We walked across the parking lot to Starbucks, Wildflower Bread Company (for great soups, sandwiches, & deserts) and the restaurant/nightclub with live entertainment nightly. The strip with shops, restaurants, and bars started right at the doorstep of Pinon Pointe.

The views from the resort and all of these spots are spectacular!!!

We own three different timeshares with Hyatt and plan to go back-and back-and back to Pinon Pointe.

Stayed May 2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
New York
Reviewed June 21, 2008

I have to start by saying that I am an absolute hotel snob! I have watched to many exposides of 20/20.

My girlfriend and I were looking for a vacation that was a little different from what we normally do; so we headed to sedona. We used my parents week at their timeshare at this property and when I was looking at some of the other reviews I got a little nervous.

We got to the hotel and I have to say at no point in time was their staff very friendly; they did provide us with all of the information that we needed; but other Hyatt properties deliever with a smile.

There is some construction going on at this hotel, so my first piece of advice is to ask to be in a room on the backside of the resort closer to town or on the side of the resort close to the market.

We stayed in a one bedroom and it was huge! the view was amazing even though our patio faced in the center of the resort
( the hotel is shaped like a circle). I inspected every inch of this room and couldn't have been happier, it was clean, fresh, and up to date (granite, fireplace, radio and TV). The shower had great water pressure; which is very important for the ladies. The room also has an electric fireplace.

The work out center has everything you need with views to die for. The pool is small but great! Never a larger crowd there; people are always out doing something else. There is the community center were you can watch TV on a big screen, play pool, ping pong and they have a small area for really younge children to play. Another cool thing about the hotel is that they have a fireplace that is surrounded by benches to leave for a great night under the stars meeting new people. The bad thing is that these areas close at 10 (thats a little early after your settled down from your day).

The property does follow the city ordance of low lights at night. However, I have to say I do not agree with prior reviews; I did not find it dangerous or too dark. I could perfectly see whwere I was going and if you do feel unsafe you can always bring the flashlight.

A few notes for your trip: save your money and DO NOT go on a jeep tour. My girlfriend and I did not go, we were planning on it for later in our week and cancelled because EVERYONE we talked to on our trip said it was nice but not worth it' even those that went on the "special" trail you'll hear about. You could opt to do some quad rides. There is a rental place that you can rent a quad for 1,2 or 4 people and they give you a map to follow the same trails. A MUST!!!; is to go on a caddle ride! We went through Red Rock Tours, The Complete Cowboy Experiance. It was about $115 per adult, you get an hour trail ride with your own horse, through the sunset (breathtaking). They then take you up to the top of their ranch (which is a working caddle ranch and over 1,000 achres). Dinner was a huge piece of steak (the freshes steak I have ever had in my life!), potatoes, beans, salad, cobbler and a singing cowboy sets the mood. Another place to go to dinner is in town next to the hotel its called Cowboy Grill AKA the Silver Saddle. This was the best meal we had in Sedona, minus the the caddle ride. Eat raddle snake, cactus fries and buffalo. One place that I would say you can easily skip over was the Barking Frog. It was recommended by the hotel, but was greatly disapointed with our meal and selection.

If you like to golf, the best course was at the Radison, about 15 minutes away. Views that will make it okay to play golf for 6 hours.

Going to the Spa, go to the New Day Spa, it was dreamy! It wasn't in a hotel, it is in a shopping center, but inside its heaven. You also get 10% off when you show them the discount card you get from the Hyatt (this card gives you many discounts around the town)

The last note: if you plan on doing a ton of hiking, which I recommended! You should get a small SUV rental car... we had a caliber and that really didn't do the job getting through some of the rough roads to the paths.

You'll Love Sedona! We want to buy a house there!

• Liked — Location and View
  • Disliked — No Bar, Early Hours for the Community Center
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank SmileDream
San Diego
Reviewed May 29, 2008

Check in was a breeze with the desk clerk extremely nice and helpful. Didn't have any problems with the time share folks. My husband and I spent four days in a lovely 1 bedroom suite. Room was very nice and my husband especially enjoyed the spa tub which is huge. Suite could easily sleep four with the sofabed. Location is right in the center of town so you can walk almost anywhere. Onsite is a Starbucks, Wildflower Restaurant, an italian restaurant and some additional stores. Big negative would be the construction going on at the resort which started at 6:45 a.m. Couldn't sit on the large patio due to the noise and dust. Definitely detracted from the stay.. Either request a room away from the construction or wait until they're finished. The road into Sedona is also under construction so I'd wait until some of this is done too. Resort also has LOTS of stairs so would not be good for anyone with mobility issues. This was our first trip to Sedona and it definitely won't be our last. We'll just wait until the dust settles!

• Liked — Beautiful Room & Location
  • Disliked — Construction
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Doglady17
Ireland
Reviewed May 27, 2008

Sedona is my favourite place in America, this was my 3rd visit there. The Hyatt Pinion Point is in a beautiful setting, surrounded by red rock mountains. My husband & I had been in Sedona the year before and stayed outside the town , this time we wanted to be nearer everything and could not wait to return. This time we brought our 2 kids who are in their 20's. I booked a 2 bedroom suite , we looked forward to those famous red rock views. Check-in went smoothly, we drove around the back of the property to our designated suite only to discover a building site with 3 large diggers and a mountain of red soil right behind our room... No red rock view! just diggers and red soil.We were horrified! I immediatly walked back to the reception and told them there was NO WAY were were staying in the room. I was told that they were fully booked up and they were sorry...I called for the Manager and she reiterated that as it was a time share they could'nt facilitate me...A TIME SHARE! I had no idea the Pinion Point was a Time Share!.. I stood my ground and insisted they find another suite. Eventually after alot of clicking on their computor they found us a suite but we cound'nt move into it till the next day. We stayed the first night in the room with the 'digger view' and the next day we were moved to a suite with wonderful views. The suite was very spacious and very comfortable, the bakery great for breakfast , we had a lovely meal in the main restaurant . The experience left us all feeling very stressed and disappionted .
So a word of warning make sure you get confirmation that the room you book does not overlook the building site!

• Liked — Location,Spacious, and the views,
  • Disliked — Building site views! The property is a Time share! Lots of steps!
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Kilpedder
Hoboken, NJ
Reviewed March 5, 2008

All in all, I enjoyed my stay in this hotel. I rented a studio unit for $100/night. The hotel is relatively new, in good condition, and very clean.

The location can not be beat. Downtown Sedona is within walking distance of the property. It is located at the corner of 173 and 89A. This is absolutely the best location you can have in Sedona. The hotel has shopping nearby which has a Starbucks, and several restaurants.

While I really enjoyed my stay here, here are some big negatives or annoyances:
-On the web site, it advertised views from the room. My balcony did not have a view. In fact, my room was below grade. There was a rock wall within 3 feet of my balcony, which limited the amount of light coming into my room. I felt like I was sleeping in a basement. I attached a picture of this to the email.
-The front desk shuts down after 9PM. I checked in after this time and was scared that I wouldn't be able to check in. They have a cell # on the door for security. He came relatively quickly though.
-The property is very dark at night. I think this may be a local ordinance that light pollution be limited as most of Sedona is like this. I checked in late and had a very hard time reading the hotel's signs and my room number. I felt very unsafe at night.

For pictures of the studio, please see the attached pictures.

Stayed March 2008
3 Thank BobAdams111
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed February 20, 2008

We really enjoyed staying at the Hyatt. The location is fantastic, the pool is small but really nice. We stayed in a studio suite and found it spacious enough for 2 adults. There was a small fridge, coffee maker & micro too. It is well-maintained & clean.
There are a couple of restaurants in the complex - the Wildflower is outstanding for any meal. There is also a Cold Stone.
I cannot stress how great the location is - right there at 89A in the heart of town.
The timeshare desk doesn't bother you in the hotel. There are a couple of kiosks in the shops/restaurants. They were a little more aggressive but still easy to shake off.
As much as we loved it here, I would not recommend it to anyone with a walking disability or breathing problem. It is extremely hilly and we saw a number of people struggling while walking around. The other thing I didn't like but certainly could overlook - there are no sidewalks to the units so you have to walk on the parking lot & it is very narrow. Again, not a big deal just a minor annoyance, especially at night since there is not a lot of lighting.
They do provide a flashlight for the night time.
We would definintely stay here again. We love Sedona and have been a number of times. This was the best located property we have stayed at so far.

• Liked — the location
  • Disliked — no sidewalk to units
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
5 Thank pignacious
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed February 10, 2008

Great place, excellent pool, good location You get what You pay for its an Excellent value. Timeshare Sales team in the lobby easy to avoid if You are not interested as they do not push too hard. The one bedroom suite has a hide-a-bed couch, Full kitchen, Fireplace Jacuzzi tub (sleeps 4) , lots of room and a nice kitchen table . Free highspeed Internet access in room if you have a laptop.

• Liked — The pool hot tub area
  • Disliked — Other guests are not Friendly .
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank GordieHowl55